PDA

View Full Version : Tekken 2 Running on PSXP - the PSOne Emulator for the PSP

kersplatty
August 15th, 2006, 14:54
The programmers behind the PSOne emulator PSXP have released a screenshot of Tekken 2 running on the PSP, the game runs at 10fps but thats without dynarec and optimisations so theres a lot of room for improvement. thanks to www.maxconsole.net (http://maxconsole.net) for the news

Screenshot Via Comments

Will Sony be watching these developments?

Malksta
August 15th, 2006, 14:58
Cool, really looking forward to the release

Kramer
August 15th, 2006, 15:10
does anybody know what that french site was called again i wanna check this out

Malksta
August 15th, 2006, 15:24
PSP GENERATION

http://www.psp-generation.com/

Video_freak
August 15th, 2006, 15:36
I hope this is real :)

D0N
August 15th, 2006, 15:37
This is great news! Can't wait untill they release this. :D

dejkirkby
August 15th, 2006, 15:40
I hope they can get FF7 running

Mr. Shizzy
August 15th, 2006, 16:11
Wow. This just snuck right up on us. This must be real, in my opinion. This is a very exciting time to be a PSP owner. Cheers!

rehbock
August 15th, 2006, 16:12
a hiphip horray for the frog eaters :D

NoQuarter
August 15th, 2006, 16:15
okay,I think I just peed myself,I love tekken!

sroon
August 15th, 2006, 16:15
HOLY TITS!! If this is real I WILL go to church! hear me now God!( O ) ( O )

Video_freak
August 15th, 2006, 16:18
Damn, it means that much to you sroon? How many times would you go to church if it was real? ;)

mastersho
August 15th, 2006, 16:18
Man these guy weren't joking when they say that they wherer gonna my a psx emulator. Psp gonna be pissed!! good work guys and i cant wait for the first release!

QueadlunnRau
August 15th, 2006, 16:20
I hope they can get FF7 running

Yes I am with you on this one brother!!! Even if it just runs at 20 fps that would own!!!

Mr. Shizzy
August 15th, 2006, 16:20
HOLY TITS!! If this is real I WILL go to church! hear me now God!( O ) ( O )

Dude, that gets the "Funniest Quote I've read in A Long Time" award!!!!:D

-sorry, I just couldn't help laughing...

Psypher
August 15th, 2006, 16:34
For those that are still doubting, I know for a fact this is real. I've talked to one of the developer of this team, and I know I don't have any track record here as far as liability, but it's true!

All PlayStation fans, rejoice!

Other images:

http://psp-generation.com/downloads/Emulateurs/PSXP/IMAGE_079.jpg
http://psp-generation.com/downloads/Emulateurs/PSXP/IMAGE_078.jpg

Courtesty of PSP-Generation [dot] com.

:)

SSaxdude
August 15th, 2006, 16:36
I heard somewhere that PSMonkey knows the developer of this emu. That's a good sign that it's real.

klisejo
August 15th, 2006, 16:37
shway..........

no, SUPER Shway............

The_Ultimate_Eggman
August 15th, 2006, 16:38
OMFG Whats the FPS like on this ?

ACID
August 15th, 2006, 16:39
Man that looks sweet.

mavsman4457
August 15th, 2006, 16:43
PSMonkey has a sixth sense. He knows everyone that's ever picked up a PSP.

JD/
August 15th, 2006, 16:45
w00t hopefully this is the real deal and not just a pic can anyone confirm that its a real screenie of tekken PSmonkey are you out there?

SteveV2
August 15th, 2006, 16:50
A video would be nice :)

mr_nick666
August 15th, 2006, 16:50
Here what PSmonkey said...

fyi, the emu is real. I know who has been working on it and a rough idea where it's current status is.

The emu does run some comercial games but still far from perfect. I keep bugging the author to post something with a comercial game running but he wont budge till things are better.

oh well.

Now we're seeing commercial games! :D I cant wait for this to be released...! :eek:

Mr. Shizzy
August 15th, 2006, 16:51
Sn1per! also says it's real. So it must be.

JD/
August 15th, 2006, 16:54
Awesome maybe this might even get relesed b4 sony's version lol. :D

Edit: just looked on the psp generations site looks like they got ridge racer running aswell.
heres the link http://www.psp-generation.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=2219

dejkirkby
August 15th, 2006, 17:06
Time to start converting your ps1 games to iso's dontcha think? First up FF7 & 8, then Metal Gear Solid and Gran Turismo.

I just got shivers up my back!!

Accordion
August 15th, 2006, 17:37
i want Vib Ribbon with mp3 support....
or perhaps AIFF as if it was a normal audio cd....

Uruz 6
August 15th, 2006, 17:45
I think this is real because, aside from what sniper and psmonkey said, no other fake went this far in giving proofs (aside from these photo we also have those two video from yesterday).
Things look good what with that 10 fps without a dynamic recompiler, that's pretty damn good.

BL4Z3D247
August 15th, 2006, 17:49
i agree with Uruz 6, this is the real deal with 3 real vidoes and a couple pics backing it up, noone has gone thru all that for something fake...well not yet atleast

jimmi
August 15th, 2006, 18:20
man, this is gonna b so awsum... ! yey ! just yey !

jak66
August 15th, 2006, 18:23
this is gonna rocks when it comes out
now to buy some unscratched ps1 games...lol

mcvader
August 15th, 2006, 18:28
i'm convinced, i personally can't wait for red alert, dune, warcraft 2 (I've been waiting for real-time rts's on my PSP) and of course Gran Turismo 1, I wonder how they'll tackle the missing two shoulder buttons though, any news on how the offical sony emu is gonna do it?, rewriting parts of the old games maybe??.

Sharkey
August 15th, 2006, 18:31
I have been waiting for a psone emu for the psp. I have a ton of game s from back in the day that I would love to have a reason to play again. Resident Evil 2, Disruptor, Alien Trilogy, and Rogue Trip would be the first I would try out.

I've been a member here for a year this month, go me. :D

mcvader
August 15th, 2006, 18:32
i agree with Uruz 6, this is the real deal with 3 real vidoes and a couple pics backing it up, noone has gone thru all that for something fake...well not yet atleast

I dunno, the moon landings spring to mind:D

Kramer
August 15th, 2006, 18:34
yeah i cant wait for dune ill have to find it though.

Zion
August 15th, 2006, 18:38
i hope this is real.....:p

BL4Z3D247
August 15th, 2006, 19:01
wise @$$ :rolleyes: lol, i meant in the homebrew scene not in general(but i know u were kidding, or were u? lol)

mcvader
August 15th, 2006, 19:08
wise @$$ :rolleyes: lol, i meant in the homebrew scene not in general(but i know u were kidding, or were u? lol)

Of course i was kidding, you're not the only one who's blazed 24/7:cool:

dagger89
August 15th, 2006, 19:20
And y didn't they implement a screenshot function in the emulator.... These pics are crap.... They still prove nothing.... PSDonkey faked videos and so did several "3.0 users"

mcvader
August 15th, 2006, 19:32
And y didn't they implement a screenshot function in the emulator.... These pics are crap.... They still prove nothing.... PSDonkey faked videos and so did several "3.0 users"

A screenshot would be just as easy to fake and i'm sure they're too busy making the emulator run games to worry about a screenshot fuction right now.:rolleyes:

BL4Z3D247
August 15th, 2006, 19:33
Of course i was kidding, you're not the only one who's blazed 24/7:cool:
lmao...so true :D

calebg
August 15th, 2006, 19:36
thats what i was gonna say dagger

dagger89
August 15th, 2006, 19:37
A screenshot would be just as easy to fake and i'm sure they're too busy making the emulator run games to worry about a screenshot fuction right now.:rolleyes:

I know a screenshot function wouldn't prove anything, but it would provide a clearer pic... and a screenshot function isn't that hard to code.... it would take a few minutes at most

brainpan
August 15th, 2006, 19:45
Is there perhaps a race between the PSXP and PSPone peeps?

mcvader
August 15th, 2006, 19:47
I know a screenshot function wouldn't prove anything, but it would provide a clearer pic... and a screenshot function isn't that hard to code.... it would take a few minutes at most

Good point but I find it hard to belive that PSmonkey would lie to us;)

mcvader
August 15th, 2006, 19:51

If there was i'm sure we all know who's winning:)

edit: sorry, i was mixing up PSPone and PSPSone,
how about some originality with the names eh:confused:

ACID
August 15th, 2006, 19:52
I dont think so if anything there going to try to release the best so it will take some time.

Video_freak
August 15th, 2006, 19:54
I dont think so if anything there going to try to release the best so it will take some time.
I rather they take their time and we get better results. :D

ACID
August 15th, 2006, 19:57
I know video. Thats what im thinking and what i will like also. That way if they dont release it till its fully functional they can just work on the bugs as they catch them.

Video_freak
August 15th, 2006, 19:58
I know video. Thats what im thinking and what i will like also. That way if they dont release it till its fully functional they can just work on the bugs as they catch them.
You know, I would wait up to like a year to see it close to full speed. :D

mastersho
August 15th, 2006, 19:58
What do you guys think the fps will be at at its release?

V3N0M
August 15th, 2006, 20:00
Man i hope this is real, its really starting to look that way!

Apoklepz
August 15th, 2006, 20:00
man, this is gonna b so awsum... ! yey ! just yey !

HEHEHE....Even though I'm almost 30...my feelings exactly, when I saw this.

Video_freak
August 15th, 2006, 20:01
HEHEHE....Even though I'm almost 30...my feelings exactly, when I saw this.
Age is nothing but a number... ;)

Kramer
August 15th, 2006, 20:03
Age is nothing but a number... ;)

thats exactly how i think

mcvader
August 15th, 2006, 20:06
I know I should'nt post this here but can anyone tell me how to put an avatar up? I'm tired of being faceless!

QueadlunnRau
August 15th, 2006, 20:07
I rather they take their time and we get better results. :D

I hear that!

Cause everyone knows if they release it early they will hear a ton of grippes about how slow or how this game does not work, or that game does not work ... Very few people really appreciate the hard work and hours that are put into these ports/emulators.

ThanX to all the hard working coders/moders out their.

BL4Z3D247
August 15th, 2006, 20:09
I know I should'nt post this here but can anyone tell me how to put an avatar up? I'm tired of being faceless!
go to user cp, the edit avatar, then put the url or browse thru ur computer and load it that way

Gene
August 15th, 2006, 20:09
if sony thinks this could get outa hand like when sony bought that one ps1 emulator, couldnt sony technically buy this one too. then paste it on their v3? leaving us with nothing once again?

Tinnus
August 15th, 2006, 20:13
I don't think they would sell it. Assuming it works and is good enough.

I still think that Rally de Africa video seems more real than two 2D homebrew videos and a PHOTO of Tekken.

Let's see what the future reserves.......

p

mcvader
August 15th, 2006, 20:16
go to user cp, the edit avatar, then put the url or browse thru ur computer and load it that way

thanks for the reply but you lost me where's user cp?

edit: don't worry I found it, cheers:D

The_Ultimate_Eggman
August 15th, 2006, 20:32
LMAO dont get them started with the soundstage in the nevada desert shit lol.:eek:

TCLCloud
August 15th, 2006, 21:26
Yeah not at 10fps though

BL4Z3D247
August 15th, 2006, 21:33
well in any case i'll be happy with any real, working ps1 emu cuz it can always be improved with the right coder(s), plus it would be better than nothing at all, but thats just my two cents :D

mastersho
August 15th, 2006, 22:07
i hope it runs at 3/4 speed of the PSX but 1/2 speed would be nice too.

Festizzio
August 15th, 2006, 22:16
Well if PSMonkey and $n!pR both say it's real, then it's real for me. I just can't wait for its release!:)

pkmaximum
August 15th, 2006, 22:39
Well I do have confidencei n this emulator because the great coder PSmonkey but some spin behind it being real or not. But just for insurance I would not put all your confidence into this being real, otherwise there is a chance that it is always fake (not saying it is) and then we are all devistated, Because the PSP went through enough hoax's in fact way to many =O I never seen the x-box scene even go through so many hoaxes *sigh*

Pumped'Up
August 15th, 2006, 22:58
Until we see an alpha/beta version of the emulator out in the public, this news/screenshot is IMHO considered 100% fake. Sorry, there has been just too many scams in the past - this does not seem any different.

But, I've got my fingers crossed - this would be absolutely awesome if it was real.

Tinnus
August 15th, 2006, 23:19
i hope it runs at 3/4 speed of the PSX but 1/2 speed would be nice too.
That depends... HEAVILY on the game. If the game uses very little (PS1) CPU and the emulator has some "nice" tricks, fullspeed can be achieved easily.

BL4Z3D247
August 15th, 2006, 23:19
Until we see an alpha/beta version of the emulator out in the public, this news/screenshot is IMHO considered 100% fake. Sorry, there has been just too many scams in the past - this does not seem any different.

But, I've got my fingers crossed - this would be absolutely awesome if it was real.
yeh but legit people such as PSmonkey and $n!pr are backing this emu up, the fake emus only had screenys and the person who made the screenys word that it was real, so it's real no doubt about it...PSmonkey and $n!pr wouldn't just say it was real to get everyone's hope up, trust me :D

Pumped'Up
August 15th, 2006, 23:35
Blazed, I really hope you're right about them dudes! :)

Video_freak
August 15th, 2006, 23:36
Me too. :)

BL4Z3D247
August 15th, 2006, 23:39
dude, i mean c'mon is PSmonkey, u know the dude who made the N64 emu called "M64"...how could u not believe him, he's huge in the PSP scene, why would he let everyone down by saying that this is real, his reputation here is way too good to be doubting him or $n!pr...so be patient and play mario 64 til this comes out, thats what i'm doing :D

Blazer67
August 16th, 2006, 00:13
I can't wait to be able to play Castlevania: Symphony of the Night on my PSP from the French developers of the PSXP or the Sony PS1 emulator.

SSaxdude
August 16th, 2006, 00:31
I just bought an unopened copy of Tekken 2 at my local Gamestop. I'm not going to open it.

psman
August 16th, 2006, 00:44
I really think they would be able to run anyother types of games on this emulator but the problem is i think the games take to much memory for them to show if there memory card doesnt hold enough for them to show the audience still this is showing alot of promise and it must be real from the videos i saw as well as some of the other screen shots. this is some amazing stuff they showed

aries2k4
August 16th, 2006, 00:52
Alright, now were seeing some commercial games in action. The proof of concept was OK, it did just that but I think what we all wanted to see is those commercial games running on a psp. They picked a good one, I loved Tekken.
This is looking good. Iīm glad PsMonkey also commented on this. With so many people backing this it has to be real. Or a major conspiracy, lol
Canīt wait

nyrtrublue
August 16th, 2006, 01:27
fanjita and ditlew both pretended to leave the psp scene but that was on april fools is there a similar french holiday.............j/k i believe in this emulator.

Psyberjock
August 16th, 2006, 02:20
Haha, I just went to their website and explained how to take clearer pictures.

Also for you guys on here that take blurry pictures of your PSPs:

Use MACRO mode (the picture of the flower) when you're taking pictures of things close up. If you don't have macro mode, take the picture further away and crop it down close. This way your pictures will always be in focus and we can see what you're trying to show us.

Festizzio
August 16th, 2006, 02:33
I just bought Metal Gear solid in preparation, and my friend has almost every other ps1 game I want, so let the borrowing begin!:)

mexicansnake
August 16th, 2006, 02:49
yay I cant wait for this emulator :)

IndianCheese
August 16th, 2006, 02:57
While these could have obviously been faked, there is NO DOUBT in my mind that these are REAL.

gangsta_psp
August 16th, 2006, 04:43
I have hope

mavsman4457
August 16th, 2006, 05:01
With all the people that believe in this emulator, myself included, it's dissapointing to think how happy someone might be if they faked something like this and got all of this attention. I don't think I've seen fakes with this much support and attention.

kpaul_nyc
August 16th, 2006, 05:38
I am one of the unlucky few who didn't play final fantasy VII or any final fantasy game... I bought it a while ago but never got around to playing it as new games came out and I've been going places and dont like sitting down and playing consoles for too long. This is gonna be GREAT!!!

gimpyjr
August 16th, 2006, 05:53
Show me MGS, Driver, and Gran Turismo and you will have my gaming heart!

PS. FFVII wouldn't be bad either

:-)

BL4Z3D247
August 16th, 2006, 05:55
Show me MGS, Driver, and Gran Turismo and you will have my gaming heart!

PS. FFVII wouldn't be bad either

:-)
just give em time and hopefully we'll see those games :D

bosanova_x
August 16th, 2006, 06:36
I cant wait for this either,i'm just thinking that I'll have to buy a new memory stick, 4 gig i reckon.

the only thing that worries me is how many psone games I'll be able to fit on it.As most psone games are over 500 megabytes.

will the games have to be compressed? i hope so because 8 games for a 4 gig mem stick dosn't sound that great to me.

then multi disk games such as final fantasy 7 and metal gear.

could somebody tell me how this will work.As I think memory is a key issue regarding this up and coming emu.

Video_freak
August 16th, 2006, 06:37
I need to buy at least a 2GB mem stick. 4GB preferably...

BL4Z3D247
August 16th, 2006, 06:44
4GB for me :D

razorak
August 16th, 2006, 09:12
i just hope it's eloader friendly as i always have...lol this update is getting me excited...rofl

mcvader
August 16th, 2006, 09:36
I heard the only reason psx games are so big is because the psx wasn't powerful enough to decompress textures which ment the textures on the disc's were huge. Look at Resident evil 2, 2 cd's on the psx but the N64 managed to fit everything including the movies in one 64mb cart. Hopefully somebody will come out with some kind of copmression program for the games, 40-100mb's would be nice:)

kersplatty
August 16th, 2006, 09:36
I cant wait for this either,i'm just thinking that I'll have to buy a new memory stick, 4 gig i reckon.

the only thing that worries me is how many psone games I'll be able to fit on it.As most psone games are over 500 megabytes.

will the games have to be compressed? i hope so because 8 games for a 4 gig mem stick dosn't sound that great to me.

then multi disk games such as final fantasy 7 and metal gear.

could somebody tell me how this will work.As I think memory is a key issue regarding this up and coming emu.

the games will be able to run in cso and dax format so u shud be able to fit at least three games on a clean 1gb memory card. Also is it possible for ripkits for the ps1 cos if there is no sound support in release we can rip the music out:p

JD/
August 16th, 2006, 10:07
This emu is gnna own im gnna buy a 4gig highspeed since its gnna b my birthday in a few days PSone here I come :D

Accordion
August 16th, 2006, 14:20
I heard the only reason psx games are so big is because the psx wasn't powerful enough to decompress textures which ment the textures on the disc's were huge. Look at Resident evil 2, 2 cd's on the psx but the N64 managed to fit everything including the movies in one 64mb cart. Hopefully somebody will come out with some kind of copmression program for the games, 40-100mb's would be nice:)

you missed out the fact that psone games have much more room for better textures, thats why the games are so big, and is one of the reasons psone games look better than N64 games, even though the psone was only 32bit
resident evil was squeezed down to fit, i dont think it is even possible to have multicart games, due to how a cart works...the fact RE2 was a smaller size on the N64 is negative...

mcvader
August 16th, 2006, 14:44
you missed out the fact that psone games have much more room for better textures, thats why the games are so big, and is one of the reasons psone games look better than N64 games, even though the psone was only 32bit
resident evil was squeezed down to fit, i dont think it is even possible to have multicart games, due to how a cart works...the fact RE2 was a smaller size on the N64 is negative...

I always wondered why the N64 Had those horrible oblong textures:) but having said that I've always prefered the smoothness of N64 to the jagged, wobelly, gritty textures on psx, i've played both version of res evil quite extensively and didn't notice any difference in the graphics or the content of the game. The fact that res evil is smaller on the N64 may be negative, but than again for emulation terms is a postive thing (with the high price of psp storage at least)

QueadlunnRau
August 16th, 2006, 15:00
Everyone is worried about space for PSX games.

People have been ripping PSX games and compressing them to 100-300MB for years now.

Ever since FPSE (PSX emulator for PocketPC) came out people have been ripping out movies from PSX games and compressing them to take up less space on thier PocketPC's

Here is some info on it. I am sure whom ever is porting this emu will allow for some of the CD ISO's to be compressed, ripped and played.

http://pdai.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17

BTW I currently run Final Fantasy Tactics on my PocketPC. It is compressed with movies ripped out to 170MB

NJisMYhome
August 16th, 2006, 15:05
im gonna get a 4gb, but im gonna wait for a release or something before i do, that way i can have n64 roms, snes, and ps1 roms on 1 stick......and a ton of movies

dejkirkby
August 16th, 2006, 15:28
In the UK right now it would be cheaper to get 2x 2GB rather than 4Gb ms so that's what I'm gonna do. And I can't wait to play Fade To Black. I know it is an awful game, but it was the one that broke my PlayStation cherry way back when!

SteveV2
August 16th, 2006, 17:28
I have a good 100+ PSX games.

I already ripped them to use in EPSXE, another 2 gig card just for this sounds like a good idea. You'd only need 3-4 at once.

Back when it ist came out I could only afford Ridge Racer and I played it to death and will do again. Ahh, wonder if I can beat me 1.04 on the hardest circuit on TT :D

creoleplane
August 16th, 2006, 18:45
Yes I am with you on this one brother!!! Even if it just runs at 20 fps that would own!!!

God, why was everyone so giddy giddy over 7, 8 was the only good FF game. Other than 8 the entire series was nothing but a bunch of lame excuses for adventure games, thats right adventure games, FF is not an RPG.

I so hope this is released soon, can't wait to the original MGS on the go and Dragonwarrior 7 oh yes.

homemade
August 16th, 2006, 20:16
I agree FF8 was alot better 2 me, i don't c y no body hardly talks about ff8 like it was a bunch of crap or something but still....can't wait 2 play legend of mana, chrono cross, and legend of legaia again those were great games.

QueadlunnRau
August 16th, 2006, 20:31
I agree FF8 was alot better 2 me, i don't c y no body hardly talks about ff8 like it was a bunch of crap or something but still....can't wait 2 play legend of mana, chrono cross, and legend of legaia again those were great games.

I'm sorry 8 wasn't bad I really liked it when playing it all the way through. I always associate myself with the hero of every RPG I play, and I'm sorry, Squall had issues throughout the game finding his true feelings towards Rynoa. Seriously it was pissing me off how he was ingnoring her untill the end of the game ... I woulda tried to HIT DAT SHEIT after our first dance.

homemade
August 16th, 2006, 21:41
QueadlunnRau: Lol yea i kno what ya mean i'm not saying FF7 was bad or anything cause i like it and Cloud is a better character than Squall but i still like FF8 more it looked alot better and the summon spells were cooler 2, ya gatta love Alexander and Diablos but like i said, FF7 is good just like 8 more.

BL4Z3D247
August 16th, 2006, 22:06
QueadlunnRau: Lol yea i kno what ya mean i'm not saying FF7 was bad or anything cause i like it and Cloud is a better character than Squall but i still like FF8 more it looked alot better and the summon spells were cooler 2, ya gatta love Alexander and Diablos but like i said, FF7 is good just like 8 more.
FF8 had a different feel to it than FF7 or FF9, my order for these three games is...

1.FF7
2.FF9
3.FF8

but thats just IMO :)

QueadlunnRau
August 16th, 2006, 22:16

Ooh yeah I forgot bout Alexander!!! W00t dats mah name!!! Gotta love a Castle that shoot lasers.

NJisMYhome
August 16th, 2006, 22:57
when i first got my psone, i played the demo disc that comes with it for like 3 months because i was really poor back then, then after that , i think the first game i actually played was duke nukem

QueadlunnRau
August 16th, 2006, 23:03
Ahh my PSX cherry was popped by "Resident Evil" yo dat game still scares da shiz nits out of me.

ryan2006
August 16th, 2006, 23:04
when i first got my psone, i played the demo disc that comes with it for like 3 months because i was really poor back then, then after that , i think the first game i actually played was duke nukem

i feel for you man i dont member what i got for mines um resident evil but the demo i got with mines rocked lol

Pumped'Up
August 17th, 2006, 00:38
when I bought my PS, the first game I bought was SFA (larger cardboard case) - wow, that was an amazing game...graphics and sound were arcade perfect (well it appeared to be at the time...). Next came a rental of Resident Evil - CRAZY. It blew my socks off...and yes, scared to hell!!! I later bought the game. ;)

pkmaximum
August 17th, 2006, 00:41
Well I guess all we can do is wait until September 1st rolls around, and other than that we are nothing but a bunch of sitting ducks in a pond XD

mavsman4457
August 29th, 2006, 16:27
Well there are three days until the supposed launch. What do you guyts think? Will it be fullspeed yet? Will it have sound? Will any games be playable? I'm going to have to find good compression formats so I can fit more than one game on my memory stick.

Kramer
August 29th, 2006, 16:34
Yeah i was just thinking about this emulator.
I dont think it will be full speed just yet probly around 15-20fps.

Accordion
August 29th, 2006, 16:35
if it is released…
it wont be full speed
it probably wont have sound(or wont have great sound support)
some games will work…
it is going to be a work in progress proof of concept

everything seems real, so wait and see

ill probably try rayman first…

mavsman4457
August 29th, 2006, 19:00
So if it runs on 15-20fps then that means that we could do a frameskip of 3 or 4 and have it running full speed?

JD/
August 29th, 2006, 19:50
It wont be that good yet remember every emulator starts on its knees it will rise up to a good speed soon enough

BL4Z3D247
August 29th, 2006, 20:58
i was hoping they would catch us off guard and have a release a few day before the actual one, but a few days won't kill me :D...first games i'm going to try are R.E., FF7, Xenogears, Metal Gear Solid, ohh and Road Rash :)

Accordion
August 29th, 2006, 21:25
i think ill start on the 2d games and work my way up

how good would metal gear look on the psp screen though(begins to drool…)

Alucard
August 29th, 2006, 21:32
I think that it won't even be released. I am extremely skeptical on this.

Hope I am proved wrong, but I doubt it.

BrooksyX
August 29th, 2006, 21:39
It is suppossed to be released on the first of sept right,
well thats two days away, so hopefully these guys will pull through and at least release something.

Accordion
August 29th, 2006, 21:45
sniper seems to have played around with "it" so a test release should come

SpacemanSpiff
August 29th, 2006, 22:06
Just because the devs said a while ago that they were targeting a Sept. 1 release, doesn't mean that they'll definitely be ready to release a build on Sept. 1. Especially given the lack of recent updates.

Hawky05
August 29th, 2006, 22:32
Meh.. i'll happily wait for it.

it's still good to see that people are making an effort on it.

Tinnus
August 29th, 2006, 22:36
So if it runs on 15-20fps then that means that we could do a frameskip of 3 or 4 and have it running full speed?
It doesn't work that way, frameskip only affects the graphical side of things. If it comes out at 1/4 of the full speed (which is already a lot) no 10 frameskip will make it go 100%.

Not to mention that PS1 and N64 games run natively at a low framerate, so frameskipping looks terribly choppy.

mavsman4457
August 29th, 2006, 22:58
It doesn't work that way, frameskip only affects the graphical side of things. If it comes out at 1/4 of the full speed (which is already a lot) no 10 frameskip will make it go 100%.

Not to mention that PS1 and N64 games run natively at a low framerate, so frameskipping looks terribly choppy.

I knew that it would be choppy but I figured that if you do frameskip x then it will go x times faster and be x times choppier.

pkmaximum
August 29th, 2006, 23:09
I have high doubts of this being released directly on September 1st, but I try to wait and see how things seem to unfold.

JD/
August 29th, 2006, 23:27
It will definetely come out i think because $niper infered that hed tried the test ive already gone to my local game shop to by crash bandicoot ff7 ff8 ff9 castlevania and breath of fire IV ( i never owned a ps1) so hopefully itll come out in two days even if it dont i can still use epsxe :)

pkmaximum
August 30th, 2006, 00:47
Hmm well glad you are getting the PS1 games ready and such, but I don't think that is a necessary thing to do until the emulator actually comes out for that matter. Because as of now, we still don't know what games are going to be compatible, speeds,etc. So its best to wait until the emulator comes out before backing up, or buying then backing up your PS1 games, Another reason why that would be a bad idea is because regardless the case I can guarentee you, your not going to see a huge line of people trying to purchase old school ps1 games ;)

donne
August 30th, 2006, 01:21
Oh man.. Can't wait to play Front Mission.. Oh man.. where's that iso ripping tutorial.. :D

publicprivates
August 30th, 2006, 01:41
theres front mission for snes you know!

Tinnus
August 30th, 2006, 02:16
I knew that it would be choppy but I figured that if you do frameskip x then it will go x times faster and be x times choppier.
You figured wrong. Only the graphics part would be (1 + x) times faster, and not x. The rest of the process would not speed up at all.

BrooksyX
August 30th, 2006, 02:51
Just because the devs said a while ago that they were targeting a Sept. 1 release, doesn't mean that they'll definitely be ready to release a build on Sept. 1. Especially given the lack of recent updates.

Thats why I said HOPEFULLY.

RetroGoth
August 30th, 2006, 03:20
great job!

Wally
August 30th, 2006, 03:38
Dino Crisis all the way :)

Kramer
August 30th, 2006, 03:41
Im gonna get a few RTS's going Dune cant think of any other's right now

BrooksyX
August 30th, 2006, 06:25
Dino Crisis all the way :)

Amen to that brother!:D

razorak
August 30th, 2006, 06:35
i hope it's 2.6 frenly =)

donne
August 30th, 2006, 06:50
Snes' Front mission had been beaten couple of months ago.. I wanted Front Mission 2 but can never found the english one. The best in the series is Front Mission 3 !! Yeaaa !! Get out of your wanzer you son of a ---- !!

BL4Z3D247
August 30th, 2006, 07:02
ohh and Chrono Cross!!! i never got to beat it :mad: it got stolen....bast@rds

pkmaximum
August 30th, 2006, 07:39
Hmm is anybody feeling Castle Vania Symphony of the night ^_^

Dementia7
August 30th, 2006, 08:43
no im feeling more FF8 or Parasite Eve or RE

JD/
August 31st, 2006, 02:04
i think this is gnna be preety good remember they got tekken running at 10fps thats a preety graphical game and maybe they made some progress so hopefully games like ff7 and crash will work im gnna play breath of fire IV when i finish III on psp.

mstrhelix
August 31st, 2006, 03:08
it takes more than screenshots and hype to produce a psone emulator but if it is true god bless the devs.

Alucard
August 31st, 2006, 03:36
its just weird that their hasn't been any word in weeks. Maybe they are just about ready to smack us down with something great.

I hope so. If not then I will really stop believing the hype of vaporware emulators. I hate to see the UltraHle for PSP with this.

Dementia7
August 31st, 2006, 05:09
Technicly we'll know whats REALY going down, tomarrow.

pkmaximum
August 31st, 2006, 05:31
I wouldn't have that much confidence man.... -_-

Oididoi
August 31st, 2006, 05:34
how big are the iso roms for psone on average?

and is there any way to compress them?

Kaiser
August 31st, 2006, 05:34
Technicly we'll know whats REALY going down, tomarrow.

Don't expect it to come out tommorow.

A little birdy told me its been delayed.

how big are the iso roms for psone on average?

400-600 MB usually

and is there any way to compress them?

Not legally.

pkmaximum
August 31st, 2006, 05:58
Hmph no offense to PSmonkey, and SNIPER but this is really showing signs of a true hoax. If this wasn't backed by them, this would of been dismissed as hoax a long time ago. Its just so typical it got delayed isn't it. Telling people about an emulator is worthless if a proof of concept can't even be released.

And no a dam video is not a proof of concept!

Zion
August 31st, 2006, 13:22
Its just so typical it got delayed isn't it. Telling people about an emulator is worthless if a proof of concept can't even be released

i agree with you pkmaximum

mcvader
August 31st, 2006, 15:11
even if there is no release tommorow I hope they at least give us an update on the progress they've made and maybe a video or two to convince us all.

I don't mind waiting a bit longer for this emu but some official news is long overdue.

Baboon
August 31st, 2006, 15:19
I'll belieive this once I see it for myself ...running on my psp. But to be honest I never ever thought we'd get to where we are now with the home brew scene (CPS2, NGE, CDZ, GBA, Dadeaus N64 etc etc).

Fingers crossed. :D

JD/
August 31st, 2006, 15:28
even if there is no release tommorow I hope they at least give us an update on the progress they've made and maybe a video or two to convince us all.

I don't mind waiting a bit longer for this emu but some official news is long overdue.
I agree (i'll be pi$$ed if this is fake) update please!

Alucard
August 31st, 2006, 19:43
I am not one that believes that anyone owns us anything. I never complain about a currently available emu regardless if I think it is good or not good. I think that if someone is willing to spend their time to create something for free, then they should get praised.

However, when people announce vaporware because noone mentions them in conversations as a top program anymore, it becomes irritating. I am holding any opinion till tomorrow. However, if there is no release tomorrow, then I would love it if no mention was made of this until it is released. (if ever)

I believe that if you did open your mouth about something that is not currently in existance, then you do owe the peope feedback. This is why some of the programmers who work on this project are not liked. This has happened in the past with them. I would hate to associate PSMonkey with them as well, since he is very fair with everyone.

I think people will eventually learn not to work with certain programmers.

In either case, I am hoping something comes out tomorrow. If it does, I will provide a full apology. But as of the moment I believe this to be vaporware. I just wish that sites would refraim from posting this type of news. I know that more clicks equals more dollars, but I hold this site much higher regard then all other PSP sites.

Tinnus
August 31st, 2006, 21:05
See, that's exactly what I said yesterday. "If they delay it people will start to sound like they owe them something".

Keep something in mind, NO ONE IS OBLIGATED TO GIVE OR TELL YOU ANYTHING.

You could "want" news but you can't REQUEST news. Please, if you DO want a PS1 emulator, don't do stuff like that.

I know if I were the one doing it I wouldn't want that kind of "support".

edit: typo

JD/
September 1st, 2006, 00:30
well its the first (in the uk atleast) going to college in 10 days :eek: im gnna go to bed pls let there be ps1 emu when i wake up lol :)

Video_freak
September 1st, 2006, 00:33
I hope there is JD/. ;)

Zion
September 1st, 2006, 01:27
Same here :D

Alucard
September 1st, 2006, 04:42
Hey Tinnus,

I have crazy respect for you from the Zodiac scene. However, the one programmer in general on this PSP release has historically been know to mess with the sceen.

I have never demanded anything in my many years here and emuboards. I think the work of all of the devs is great. You guys kept the zodiac alive and the PSP alive. All I am saying is that this thing smelt like a fake from the begining.

All that I believe is that there is no need for rumors. Yoyo never anounced his snes emu in advanced, strm never announced his n64 in advaned and so on. However this was announced with much hype. Why?

One simple reason, because people who aren't deserving of credit wanted to be included in all of the talk about who are great devs.

This may sound wrong, since I have not developed anything. However, I think that noone should announce anything if they can't prove it. It is just annoying to read crap like that.

I personally am nuetral to a PS1 emu. The way I look at it is I still have a good 100 games to beat between all the current emus that are out.

I just think announcing vaporware just to get a developers name posted takes away from all the work that all the other good developers do. There is plenty of other people who deserve props, besides the one developer on this project I am refering to.

I can't see any reason to say "I am releasing x emulator in 2 months." The way I feel is, just release the damm emu and stfu. Let your work do your talking. Noone ever questions good work, they question rumors and vaporware.

So I think the guys on this emu maybe great eventually when this is released. But there was no reason to announce this, besided to get peoples hopes up to early and take credit away from other devs doing great work for us.

sroon
September 1st, 2006, 05:21
I really cannot wait for this ( if tits real)
Ima go to sleep now...........ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

( O ) ( O );)

nyrtrublue
September 1st, 2006, 06:05
right before school and on my birthday nothing would be cooler then a psx emu

M!ckeY
September 1st, 2006, 07:32
sroon is obssesed with womens breast's ;)

donne
September 1st, 2006, 08:10
Wait and Hope :D

sroon
September 1st, 2006, 16:17
lol yah..teehee
well im up now and still no emu!
Now im really hopeing tits real!

( O ) ( O );)

hockey2112
September 1st, 2006, 18:31

Haha, I have been thinking the same thing for awhile now. Must be puberty. ;)

I agree with the opinion of put up or shut up. An update would be much appreciated by all at this time, I think.

Tinnus
September 1st, 2006, 18:38
Alucard: my post was not directed at you :)

I don't believe they will come out with a (good enough, or at least as good as they claimed) emulator today. I don't think saying and posting photos is something good to do, even if you're doing a PS1 emulator, just to get people hyped.

(maybe for nothing)

What I am saying is,

1) Don't get overhyped over a statement. What if I come out and say I know someone is working on a DS emulator? Then it turns out to be fake. You feel sad because you hoped it was true.

2) You are angry at the developer because you thought it was real :) But the most you can do is get angry, not request anything from him.

The problem with some people (NOT you) is that they seem to think some developers MUST do what they want, when they want, and if they don't, then the developers are wrong and the people are right.

Does that seem right for you?

Of course if the guy announces vaporware just to draw attention, then he's an asshole. :) It's not cool to announce stuff when it's not even near done. If I were doing a PS1 emulator, I would announce it like a week before release. And say the CURRENT state, or REAL expectations for a week based on previous development, not 1 month before and say "it will be X FPS a month from now". That's simply not real and not predictable.

(well if I *really* were doing a PS1 emulator I wouldn't announce it before release, afraid of Sony :p)

DPyro
September 1st, 2006, 18:41
Tinnus what are you hiding?

Tinnus
September 1st, 2006, 18:58
I'm not hiding anything... :rolleyes:

Well, I wish I was. Actually I'd like to do some stuff for the PSP, but I'm out of ideas.

P.S.: I'm *not* doing a PS1 emulator. And I'm not saying that just to get rid of Sony :p

pkmaximum
September 1st, 2006, 19:23
Hmmm high doubts of any release date of this emulator. I really hope it doesn't turn out fake for the sake of the down fall its going to put on PSmonkey and Sniper, as this emulator is being backed by them, so if this turns out fake, you can just say low blow to PSmonkey. Because for a dev to back something, and then turns out to be a hoax is pretty bad. I don't believe any emulator desearves backing if its not released yet.

DPyro
September 1st, 2006, 19:25
Hmmm high doubts of any release date of this emulator. I really hope it doesn't turn out fake for the sake of the down fall its going to put on PSmonkey and Sniper, as this emulator is being backed by them, so if this turns out fake, you can just say low blow to PSmonkey. Because for a dev to back something, and then turns out to be a hoax is pretty bad. I don't believe any emulator desearves backing if its not released yet.
Read my post in the other thread ;)

pkmaximum
September 1st, 2006, 20:41
Link plese

Zion
September 1st, 2006, 22:32
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=31488&page=31

Accordion
September 1st, 2006, 22:37
stubborness killed the…erm…snake

yeah…
some people are too stubborn…

DPyro
September 1st, 2006, 22:54
Im gonna lock this so we dont have like 3 threads of the same thing.