PDA

View Full Version : EA showering PSP with retro love?

wraggster
August 15th, 2006, 16:23
News via CVG (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=144514)

EA is bringing a number of golden oldie classics from its back catalogue to PSP, if e-tailers are to be believed.

Product EA Replay is currently listed on EBGames, GameStop and, closer to home, Play.com, and according to the former two companies the retro compilation features 14 games including the likes of Desert Strike, Syndicate, Road Rash and Wing Commander. It's additionally mentioned on EBGames and GameStop that a number of the titles in the pack boast multiplayer head-to-head modes.

Both EB Games and GameStop reckon the compilation will release in the US on October 3, while Play.com lists EA Replay as a November 20 release.

We have, of course, attempted to contact EA's UK arm for confirmation/denial on EA Replay, but the company wasn't available for comment at the time of writing. So, without official word on the product from the publisher, we'll just have to take the whole caboodle as rumour for now. We will, however, let you know if we hear anything concrete from official channels.

Great to see some great games to appear on the PSP

Video_freak
August 15th, 2006, 16:24
Yay! I remember the good old days.... :)

QueadlunnRau
August 15th, 2006, 16:26
Syndicate oh yea!!!

I hope they also bring back "Xcom"!!!

ACID
August 15th, 2006, 16:56
Wing Commander sweet.

gamesquest1
August 15th, 2006, 18:18
Why are people happy with getting a disk with 14 games on...i was saying in another post that i think more simpler games would be liked for when people are out and about as to be honest its genrally too much to be playing somthing like gta on a bus.....but with a emulator you could easily fit 100 old games on a 1gb mem stick and a umd holds about 1.5gb somthing like that but im not sure...so whats the need for only 14 games sounds a lil bit cheap im sure people would buy this if there was about 100 games on it....well people will still buy it but hardly a big attraction....which is what emus offer

Video_freak
August 15th, 2006, 18:21
Nicely put gamesquest1. i completly agree. i guess people like these because they are "prettied up" :)

gamesquest1
August 15th, 2006, 18:34
Nicely put gamesquest1. i completly agree. i guess people like these because they are "prettied up" :)
Yeah and they are not requiring you to go against sony if emus where allowed nobody would be getting ripped of to pay for a load of games you already have in your loft lol...well atleast they trying to make more portable style games rather than the standard of games you expect on a console so if it sells good luck too them but i would prefer my emulators.....more choice....especially with the official nintendo games and that such as zelda and mario which you wont ever see on one of them game collection disks

Tetris999
August 15th, 2006, 18:48
THAT SUCKS no really i friggin hate retro games ecspecially when you gotta pay 60$ for it like wtf dont we have emulators or were just stupid

QueadlunnRau
August 15th, 2006, 19:02
THAT SUCKS no really i friggin hate retro games ecspecially when you gotta pay 60$ for it like wtf dont we have emulators or were just stupid

3 reasons for retro games

1. Some people don't have fw1.5 or even know what an eloader is.

2. Some people have higher morals then others and want to acctually own a part of video game history instead of just downloading the rom.

3. To some poeple $60 is not really that much, although in reality it will prolly be around 39.99 or 49.99 USD

Hungry Horace
August 15th, 2006, 19:51
3. To some poeple $60 is not really that much, although in reality it will prolly be around 39.99 or 49.99 USD

to these people - please send your $60 cheque or make payment via paypal to; Hungry Horace, PO Box 303, UK.......

whilst its good to that these retro games are being made playable again, i agree that i shouldnt have to pay so much for the only 2 i would want, which i already own legitamatly on the Amiga anyway. (Syndicate and Desert Strike)

they shold just make 1-game emualtor eboots and sell them on download for like £5 or something, rather than going for the big-bucks.

gamesquest1
August 15th, 2006, 20:12
yeah but i suppose the problem with releasing loads of them at once is that whenever they run out of games to release they just release one of these disks.......i hate atari for this f**ing annoying all the crappy atari game in asda and that for about £20 they fill the shelves with crappy old atari games just playing on the fact people might say ohhh i renember that game or stupid kids mums will gooooo.....ohhh look at that 12 games in 1 ill get my son that for his birthday ...whoow and its cheaper than the others lol......so the sad thing is they doo sell so they will keep releasing them and selling them in super markets to get parents mums to buy the pooey games as so many do