PDA

View Full Version : PSJailbreak Retailers Send warning to those who buy the adapter

wraggster
August 25th, 2010, 22:21
If you pre-ordered a PS Jailbreak, you might want to cancel or at least read the following. PS dealers are currently sending out warning e-mails regarding Sony’s expected firmware update that might start detecting the hack. Apparently all authorize PS jailbreak dealers are recommending all buyers to stay on firmware 3.41 till further notice.

We received a forward e-mail from one of our readers claiming that PS jailbreak suppliers are ready for Sony, but recommend that all buyers stay at firmware 3.41 til further notice or they will destroy their warranty. Read e-mail below.
“Just a friendly update email and some advice for you over the coming days and weeks.

While PS Jailbreak team have told us it should be possible to support future firmware versions on the PS3, it’s is not guaranteed, they will need to access any newer firmware’s than 3.41 and if needed release an update for the PS Jailbreak to support the newer firmware’s. So we wanted to give you all some advice that if a system update is released for the PS3 in the coming days or before you receive your PS Jailbreak which blocks system updates, we recommend that nobody update their PS3 for the time being. If a PS3 system update newer than 3.41 is released you should keep an eye on the PS Jailbreak website for news on compatibility with the PS Jailbreak on the new firmware’s. Only update your PS3 past 3.41 firmware if the PS Jailbreak team say that it’s safe to do.”

Seem like the PS jailbreak crew is ready to take on Sony. For those that pre-ordered, you might want to reconsider. This looks like it’s gonna get crazy as the battle between Sony and PS jailbreak might have just begun.

http://www.tqcast.com/2010/08/23/ps-jailbreak-dealers-send-out-warning-e-mail-regarding-sonys-next-firmware-update/

kojiro7
August 25th, 2010, 22:49
sony will suffer,thats for sure

wraggster
August 25th, 2010, 23:02
yeah but how many will pay $140 for a stick and if sony can disable it on one firmware update is it really worth the bother, but for us homebrewers who posibly have a second PS3 it could be the start of the most powerful homebrew scene yet.

Interesting times ahead, i wonder if and when Sony will use their legal muscle against psjailbreak

kojiro7
August 25th, 2010, 23:14
the jailbreak will bring other usbs and other ways of piracy like what happened with psp,ds,wii,ps2,etc
everytime sony will fight it and win,the other day something new will be born

wraggster
August 25th, 2010, 23:17
makes you wonder if this will be the birth of custom firmwares for the PS3, personally i would welcome that

if i can play my legally owned PS1, PS2 and any region DVD/Blueray on a PS3 ill be very happy

kojiro7
August 25th, 2010, 23:25
yeah I believe too that something like custom firmware they will do
you will play much more than these,hopefully
or we will have another xbox360,friendly only to backups

mike_jmg
August 27th, 2010, 03:52
would love to see some emus on the Ps3 without using linux