PDA

View Full Version : Gran Turismo 4 Mobile, Rainbow Six Vegas, Rocky 6, Mach and Warhammer Warcry News

wraggster
August 15th, 2006, 17:19
News from Gamestop (http://us.gamespot.com/news/6155778.html)

The Retail Radar picked up on a listing for an Electronic Arts retro compilation earlier today, but there are a few more incoming bogies to mention, with plenty of activity on the PSP front, and some news for owners of other systems as well.

First off, GameStop has a couple new listings for previously unheard of versions of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas. Only the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game have been announced officially, but it looks like Ubisoft hasn't forgotten the current gen consoles or portable gamers just yet, as GameStop is also soliciting pre-orders for PSP and PlayStation 2 editions of the game.

Product pages have also sprung up on GameStop for a couple more unannounced PSP games. Later this year, the retailer expects to receive shipments of M.A.C.H. from Vivendi Games, and Rocky 6 from Ubisoft. There's very little information on the site about either M.A.C.H. (which shares the name of an obscure Commodore 64 action game) or Rocky 6 (presumably based on the upcoming sequel to the big-screen boxing franchise).

In other PSP blips, Namco Bandai's Warhammer WarCry card battling game apparently has a subtitle now, as GameStop is calling it "Warhammer WaCry [sic]: Battle for Atluma." According to the product page, the game will feature more than 450 cards to collect, wireless multiplayer, the ability to build a custom deck from more than 90 different units, and a thorough tutorial mode.

Also, GameStop isn't expecting the PSP to see Gran Turismo arrive on the portable until 2007. The game's last official release projection date was simply 2006, although that was only announced for Japan. In 2004, Gran Turismo 4 Mobile was among the first wave of games announced for the portable, but it hasn't caused much of a stir since, being noticeably absent from the last two Electronic Entertainment Expos.

Apoklepz
August 15th, 2006, 18:20
Just as I thought...W'ell probably be able to play the emulated PSX Gran Turismo games on PSP, fullspeed, long before the actual PSP game ever comes out. :P

Video_freak
August 15th, 2006, 18:22
Just as I thought...W'ell probably be able to play the emulated PSX Gran Turismo games on PSP, fullspeed, long before the actual PSP game ever comes out. :P
lmao. i hope so. that would REALLY stick it to sony :D

SSaxdude
August 15th, 2006, 18:34
Even better, a homebrew Playstation emulator comes out before Sony's rip off one. The coders defeated the giant corporation! How crazy would that be?

felonyr301
August 15th, 2006, 19:15
its not that sony just wants to bring it out when the holiday season comes in if they want they can bring out the emulator out now and come on we all know that the sony's emulator is gonna be like full speed on alot of games compared to the homebrew emulator right now yea sure in the future it might be up their with sony's one but not this early unless the hackers "dissect" sony's emulator and use it to good use.

SSaxdude
August 15th, 2006, 22:17
I think it's total BS that Sony is trying to call their Playstation support an "emulator." If it were truely an emulator, you wouldn't have to pay for the games.

Pumped'Up
August 15th, 2006, 23:43
that's awesome news about GT4m...hey any news about GT4m is good news! (well, as long as it hasn't been canned that is...) :D

2007? AWESOME!

mavsman4457
August 16th, 2006, 05:19
I am excited for GT4 mobile but it will be almost as good to have GT1 and 2 on my PSP with no loading times!

felonyr301
August 16th, 2006, 21:38
personally gran turismo 2 was my favorite gt game all the memories i had going head to head with my two cousins three different cars but we were neck and neck ...supra twin turbo,3000 GT VR4,and the RUF version of the 911 turbo hooked up all the way and we used hit good ass times man i wish i could do that again hopefully the psp can bring back those memories lol.

mavsman4457
August 17th, 2006, 01:29
Unfortunately I have never had anyone to rival me in Gran Turismo so all I do is Simulation Mode.

Largo_W
August 30th, 2006, 09:51
Is there anymore info about the WarCry game ? I havent found any screenshots :/
And when its about to be released in about 1and a half month, there should be some in-game pics, eh ?

motz
August 30th, 2006, 10:57
News from Gamestop (http://us.gamespot.com/news/6155778.html)

The Retail Radar picked up on a listing for an Electronic Arts retro compilation earlier today, but there are a few more incoming bogies to mention, with plenty of activity on the PSP front, and some news for owners of other systems as well.

First off, GameStop has a couple new listings for previously unheard of versions of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas. Only the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game have been announced officially, but it looks like Ubisoft hasn't forgotten the current gen consoles or portable gamers just yet, as GameStop is also soliciting pre-orders for PSP and PlayStation 2 editions of the game.

Product pages have also sprung up on GameStop for a couple more unannounced PSP games. Later this year, the retailer expects to receive shipments of M.A.C.H. from Vivendi Games, and Rocky 6 from Ubisoft. There's very little information on the site about either M.A.C.H. (which shares the name of an obscure Commodore 64 action game) or Rocky 6 (presumably based on the upcoming sequel to the big-screen boxing franchise).

In other PSP blips, Namco Bandai's Warhammer WarCry card battling game apparently has a subtitle now, as GameStop is calling it "Warhammer WaCry [sic]: Battle for Atluma." According to the product page, the game will feature more than 450 cards to collect, wireless multiplayer, the ability to build a custom deck from more than 90 different units, and a thorough tutorial mode.

Also, GameStop isn't expecting the PSP to see Gran Turismo arrive on the portable until 2007. The game's last official release projection date was simply 2006, although that was only announced for Japan. In 2004, Gran Turismo 4 Mobile was among the first wave of games announced for the portable, but it hasn't caused much of a stir since, being noticeably absent from the last two Electronic Entertainment Expos.
What is taking Gran Turismo 4 Mobile so long? People have been talking about this game for well over a year!