PDA

View Full Version : Game & Watch Collection Preview

wraggster
August 15th, 2006, 23:23
Heres an excerpt:

The DS really does look like one of Nintendo's classic dual screened Game & Watch portable game players, especially if you have the clunky original model system (the Lite is far to sexy for such comparisons). With its twin screens, the DS is the perfect hardware to replicate the look ad feel of Nintendo's classic pre Game Boy portable hardware, and the Game & Watch Collection has given us our first sampling.

Available exclusively as a bonus item for Club Nintendo members in Japan, the Game & Watch collection includes three games: Donkey Kong, Oil Panic and Green House. Each game is playable in A and B variations, with the B modes being a bit tougher. Nintendo has kept true to the Game & Watch name with a built in alarm clock feature, accessible both from the main menu and from the title screen for each title.

Full Article (http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/725/725434p1.html)

Video_freak
August 15th, 2006, 23:28
I was wondering when they were going to do this. We all saw how much the two consoles (if you can call Game & Watch a console) resembled each other. :)

irondirgible
August 15th, 2006, 23:41
I remember playing these (especially greenhouse) on my game boy color. If I recall correctly, the way the two screens were implemented on one was to have two boxes, one big and one small, for the screen that you were in and the one you were not in.

souLLy
August 16th, 2006, 07:48
why don't we have something like club nintendo in the uk with free gifts like that?

iball
August 16th, 2006, 12:27
I've played it and it IS pretty much a dead-on replica of the gameplay and look.