PDA

View Full Version : GetTheStars v1.4

wraggster
August 15th, 2006, 23:51
SaulotMalo (http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,2909.0.html) has posted a new release for the Neoflash Coding Competition, heres the details:

This game is developed by using 3d but it is played in a 2d map, i choose this type of enviroment
because it is my first game and i could use the 3d space as a matrix. First of all i've developed
several libraries in order to do the game, one for the audio, one for loading textures, one for
loading bitmaps fonts and one for the md2 model this one has been inproved several times because
the psp was alot slow in the last version the mesh is drawed by using fan & strip commands. I'll
release this libraries by the day 20 in order to any one be able to write fast code in 3d programming
in psp. ( i think this would be a plus score ;) just jocking ).

The main objective of the game is to get all the stars of each stage without getting catch by the
enemies. If you're touched by an enemy you'll start from the first stage and with a score of 0 points
( thats not good ;) ).

Download and Give feedback Via Comments

PSmonkey
August 16th, 2006, 00:00
Truthfuly I am really disapointed in this entry. There is nothing there and the AI is too cheap. I really think the author should have held it back and used this week to improve it. Rendering MD2 models is nothing amazing.

grin.ch
August 16th, 2006, 05:44
WOW! PSMonkey has become VERY bitter since strmnnrmn beat him to the N64 emu. Has anyone else noticed this? He used to be pretty cool, now he likes dissing ppls work... :|

JD/
August 16th, 2006, 08:50
two harsh comments :(

titch.ryan
August 16th, 2006, 09:38
no real comments bout this game so im gonna test and see what its like

edit:
good idea and i like the use of the 3d models but it is not fun to play and theres is no music.

improvements:
music
better character movement
more depth (buy more weapons, a storyline?!)

BL4Z3D247
August 16th, 2006, 09:48
WOW! PSMonkey has become VERY bitter since strmnnrmn beat him to the N64 emu. Has anyone else noticed this? He used to be pretty cool, now he likes dissing ppls work... :|
i don't think u have a clue what u just said...u must be smokin' some good $h!t, he was just giving his opinion...PSmonkey is mad cool and his emu is going to be awesome when and if he finishes it, plus he made iris, and is working on other projects for compos...maybe monkey had a bad day, have u not had a bad day before?

doverkiller
August 16th, 2006, 17:35
some breakdance music in the background would be suitable.. hehe :D
nice work anyway.. :)

PSmonkey
August 16th, 2006, 19:11

Not at all. I am giving constructive critism. I could have done this in a day. Its nothing complex nor actualy good.

You guys have no idea how much work I am putting into my neoflash compo entry. It really will set the bar extensivly high. I think once you see it in action you will see why I feel this way.

--edit--
Also lets not forget. Como deadline is Sunday. The guy still has a week he could improve and tweak the game. Maybe just all some suport for walls to make it more interesting then an open field.

BL4Z3D247
August 16th, 2006, 19:17
Not at all. I am giving constructive critism. I could have done this in a day. Its nothing complex nor actualy good.

You guys have no idea how much work I am putting into my neoflash compo entry. It really will set the bar extensivly high. I think once you see it in action you will see why I feel this way.

--edit--
Also lets not forget. Como deadline is Sunday. The guy still has a week he could improve and tweak the game. Maybe just all some suport for walls to make it more interesting then an open field.
can't wait monk :D

DPyro
August 16th, 2006, 19:26
PSmonkeys right...This game isnt very playable or fun.