PDA

View Full Version : A guide to Dark_AleX's Custom Firmware, by The EX

motz
August 16th, 2006, 11:09
The EX (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/member.php?userid=63821) from our forums has written a detailed guide to Dark_AleX's Custom Firmware, explaining everything from installing, editing and un-installing! Great for those who are having trouble with the custom firmware or would just like to know more about what they're supposed to be doing.

You can check out the official thread here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=32382).

The EX
August 16th, 2006, 11:13
Wow, a new thread about it! didn't now that would happen!

COOOL, it's on the front page :eek: That pwns, thanks dude!

Man
August 16th, 2006, 12:15
This guide looks amazing, great job !!

Kramer
August 16th, 2006, 12:15
Wow, a new thread about it! didn't now that would happen!

COOOL, it's on the front page :eek: That pwns, thanks dude!

Yes dcemu puts helpful things on the front page instead of fake news or stolen news:)

The EX
August 16th, 2006, 12:17
Yes dcemu puts helpful things on the front page instead of fake news or stolen news:)
LOL, ok.....
what do you think of the guide then?

This guide looks amazing, great job !!

thanks, i tried to make it as good as possible!

Briggzy11
August 16th, 2006, 12:52
Good Guide the Ex :) I actually knew all of this or most of it anyway but you made it easy for the Noobs out there good work and glad to see you helping out others :)

That should really be posted in the DCEMU Weekly Mag in my opinion Motz might be useful to the readers :)

NoQuarter
August 16th, 2006, 12:57
I agree this should go in the mag,Great guide for the beginners!

The EX
August 16th, 2006, 13:08
thanks alot, theres a weekly mag?

motz
August 16th, 2006, 13:13
thanks alot, theres a weekly mag?
lol, http://dcemu-weekly.dcemu.co.uk/

The EX
August 16th, 2006, 13:21
lol, http://dcemu-weekly.dcemu.co.uk/
cool, that would be great if it was in there!

NoQuarter
August 16th, 2006, 13:23
It's not out yet.
How long have you been fooling with the psp EX,you seem like you definitly know what's up?

The EX
August 16th, 2006, 13:27
I have had a psp since oct 2005, i know lots about it, i have been in the psp community for a while on "other sites" lol

Briggzy11
August 16th, 2006, 13:40
haha other sites, meaning the dreaded QJ haha...

...Hate that site so much, I am firmly DCEMU 4eva if theres such a thing haha, besides the webmaster lives closer to me that the QJ webmaster haha...

The EX
August 16th, 2006, 13:42
haha other sites, meaning the dreaded QJ haha...

...Hate that site so much, I am firmly DCEMU 4eva if theres such a thing haha, besides the webmaster lives closer to me that the QJ webmaster haha...
LOL, personally I love QJ but we all have dif opinions, I am very well known in the QJ community, but I am not there to chat about them ;)

NoQuarter
August 16th, 2006, 13:45
Well,glad to have you over here EX:)

The EX
August 16th, 2006, 13:48
why....why thankyou!

pepegomez
August 16th, 2006, 15:12
wtf...always new thread about the same tired thing...
everything you need to know is in the readme lol
dont give noobs the chance to stay at noob lvl. else we wont get the rid of them.
do it by yourself is the keyword here -.-

but gj!

SSaxdude
August 16th, 2006, 15:19
I say sticky this guide.

roy5
August 16th, 2006, 15:21
how do i use an icon for my profile thing?

Briggzy11
August 16th, 2006, 15:43
A icon for your profile thing???????

bit more description please mayte...

...yeh QJ I hate lots, Banned me for no apparant reason???

Either way your welcome here The Ex glad to see you on the scene.

Video_freak
August 16th, 2006, 16:12
Awesome guide The EX! :)

The EX
August 16th, 2006, 16:38
thanks video_freak!

ExcruciationX
August 16th, 2006, 16:44
Nice guide, Ex!

The EX
August 16th, 2006, 16:58
thanks, I like your avy!

ACID
August 16th, 2006, 17:02
I have had a psp since oct 2005, i know lots about it, i have been in the psp community for a while on "other sites" lol
Great work and welcome to the best site for everything game related and then some.

I agree this should go in the mag,Great guide for the beginners!
I second that there should be a couple of the other stickys in the first issue also.I know people will like that specially if they need help right away and cant get to a PC.:D :cool: :eek:

The EX
August 16th, 2006, 17:04
thanks acidburn!

nyrtrublue
August 16th, 2006, 17:10
Yo ex you should definately change your title from dcemu newbie to psp user or something. After reading you can tell your not a noob.

The EX
August 16th, 2006, 17:30
Yo ex you should definately change your title from dcemu newbie to psp user or something. After reading you can tell your not a noob.
personally I agree, I am definatley NOT a n00b! But i am a PSP Know It All (nearly!)

d3v1l
August 16th, 2006, 18:51
just wanted to say something about the guide, its a great guide, only in the guide u install the AIOmod.prx AND the mp3plugin, but the mp3plugin wont work with the AIOMod installed.. mp3plugin wont work with any mod using usb...

The EX
August 16th, 2006, 18:53
just wanted to say something about the guide, its a great guide, only in the guide u install the AIOmod.prx AND the mp3plugin, but the mp3plugin wont work with the AIOMod installed.. mp3plugin wont work with any mod using usb...
really? ok, I'll put that in!

BL4Z3D247
August 16th, 2006, 19:14
really it works for me, u have to remove the custom fw then put the mp3XMB folder in the root of ur MS then put the custom fw back on thats how i got it to work

d3v1l
August 16th, 2006, 19:23
didnt get it to work, googled the plugin, found slasher sayin it himself in a post on sum other site..
here is his post at qj.net: 24. » and...

I would also like to comment, that when using a USB-related module in conjunction with my mp3 program; it WON'T work. It will likely freeze if you use both a USB activating module & my mp3 plugin at the same time. Thanks.

by Slasher (

BL4Z3D247
August 16th, 2006, 19:49
ok well this is how mine works, with the # removed in the config.txt for the mp3XMB the mp3 module works but the auto usb mode doesn't then when i put the # back in the config.txt for the mp3XMB the auto usb turns back on, so they don't work together but they work and they're both installed u just have to remove/add the # on the module line the mp3XMB is on to toggle between modules

d3v1l
August 16th, 2006, 20:14
ur probably right yea..i had em both without the # n then my mp3 didnt work..so yea they dont work together..hopefully it will be added to the guide:)

The EX
August 16th, 2006, 20:26
ur probably right yea..i had em both without the # n then my mp3 didnt work..so yea they dont work together..hopefully it will be added to the guide:)
I don't really understand what you mean, if you can make your own understandable bit of text about this then I'll add it!

d3v1l
August 16th, 2006, 20:30
ok:P i ment: if you have installed both the AIOmod.prx AND the mp3plugin by slasher, then you will have to choose which one to have enabled in the config.txt in psp/system, by adding a # before the loadmoduleX(see CHAP2) , because having both the AIOmod.prx and the mp3plugin will cause the mp3plugin to NOT work... something like that:P

The EX
August 16th, 2006, 20:40
Ok, i'll add that now...

d3v1l
August 16th, 2006, 20:43
just seen it added:) i hope that will fix a lot of questions...qj.net was full of questions about this..

The EX
August 16th, 2006, 20:46
lol, well I hope so too!

BL4Z3D247
August 16th, 2006, 21:04
################################################## ########
##Configuration file for Harleyg's custom firmware patch##

# Set to true to run non kxploited eboots (1.00).
nokxploit = true;

# Set to true to hide corrupted icon, may cause slowdown.
hidecorrupt = true;

# Set to true to skip the Sony intro and stop auto exec of umd.
skiplogo = true;

# Hold left trigger to boot into last used firmware on devhook
devhook = "ms0:/PSP/SYSTEM/DEVBOOT.PBP";

# Set this to the application you want to start when holding X on boot (add # to remove)
autoboot = "ms0:/PSP/GAME/pspvba/EBOOT.PBP";

# Extra PRX's to load on boot.
loadmodule0 = "ms0:/PSP/SYSTEM/AIOMod.prx"
#loadmodule1 = "ms0:/mp3XMB/RUNMEmp3.prx"
loadmodule2 = "ms0:/PSP/SYSTEM/vshex.prx"
#loadmodule3 = "blahblah"
#loadmodule4 = "blahblah"
#loadmodule5 = "blahblah"
#loadmodule6 = "blahblah"
#loadmodule7 = "blahblah"
#loadmodule8 = "blahblah"
#loadmodule9 = "blahblah"

thats my config...if u KEEP the "#" before the #loadmodule1 = "ms0:/mp3XMB/RUNMEmp3.prx"(like so) then the AIOMod.prx WILL work but the mp3XMB module WON'T, if u KEEP the "#" before loadmodule0 = "ms0:/PSP/SYSTEM/AIOMod.prx" the mp3XMB WILL work but the AIOMod.prx WON'T

also with the vshex.prx, it works different with the other modules as well...when u use it with AIOmod.prx activated it runs at 333mhz all the time, but when u use it with the mp3XMB module u can toggle thru 133,222,266,333 mhz

s1k0
August 16th, 2006, 21:24
Great job EX great guide great work and congrats:)

pepegomez
August 16th, 2006, 21:27
personally I agree, I am definatley NOT a n00b! But i am a PSP Know It All (nearly!)

really? me too -.- but am i something special? noes!

d3v1l
August 17th, 2006, 09:12
##Configuration file for Harleyg's custom firmware patch##

# Set to true to run non kxploited eboots (1.00).
nokxploit = true;

# Set to true to hide corrupted icon, may cause slowdown.
hidecorrupt = true;

# Set to true to skip the Sony intro and stop auto exec of umd.
skiplogo = true;

# Hold left trigger to boot into last used firmware on devhook
devhook = "ms0:/PSP/SYSTEM/DEVBOOT.PBP";

# Set this to the application you want to start when holding X on boot (add # to remove)
autoboot = "ms0:/PSP/GAME/pspvba/EBOOT.PBP";

# Extra PRX's to load on boot.
loadmodule0 = "ms0:/PSP/SYSTEM/AIOMod.prx"
#loadmodule1 = "ms0:/mp3XMB/RUNMEmp3.prx"
loadmodule2 = "ms0:/PSP/SYSTEM/vshex.prx"
#loadmodule3 = "blahblah"
#loadmodule4 = "blahblah"
#loadmodule5 = "blahblah"
#loadmodule6 = "blahblah"
#loadmodule7 = "blahblah"
#loadmodule8 = "blahblah"
#loadmodule9 = "blahblah"

thats my config...if u KEEP the "#" before the #loadmodule1 = "ms0:/mp3XMB/RUNMEmp3.prx"(like so) then the AIOMod.prx WILL work but the mp3XMB module WON'T, if u KEEP the "#" before loadmodule0 = "ms0:/PSP/SYSTEM/AIOMod.prx" the mp3XMB WILL work but the AIOMod.prx WON'T

also with the vshex.prx, it works different with the other modules as well...when u use it with AIOmod.prx activated it runs at 333mhz all the time, but when u use it with the mp3XMB module u can toggle thru 133,222,266,333 mhz

what is vshex? do u have a site or link where i can find more mods for the c/f?

The EX
August 17th, 2006, 09:50
what is vshex? do u have a site or link where i can find more mods for the c/f?
vshex lets you return to 1.50 when in an emulated f/w above 2.00 in devhook...

d3v1l
August 17th, 2006, 10:37
ok..nvm then:P devhook isnt my thing until i get my 1 gb bck..stupid 32mb.. btw, what would happen if i would remove my memory stick? now that it looks all kind of things from my stick..

gslop
August 17th, 2006, 23:19
This is very useful.