PDA

View Full Version : The Best Video Games On Awful Systems

wraggster
September 2nd, 2010, 22:14
For the most part, classic games manage to reappear on different systems. Just look at Nintendo. The publisher has done an excellent job bringing NES, SNES, Genesis and even old school Neo Geo titles to the Wii's Virtual Console, while Microsoft's Game Room brings the best of Atari's 2600 into the living room. Of course, not every console was a success. The '90s, in particular, saw quite a few flops from companies like Panasonic, Sega and Atari. Just because a system is a failure, though, doesn't mean all of its games suck. On the contrary, most of these machines have a few gems that fell between the cracks once the console croaked."
What overlooked game on a failed platform would you like to see revived?

http://games.slashdot.org/story/10/09/02/0454258/The-Best-Video-Games-On-Awful-Systems

JDvorak
September 3rd, 2010, 01:29
I wouldn't say Sega had awful systems, I really like the Dreamcast and the Saturn, but since you put it on this list of bad consoles I would have to say D, I loved D and D2 and would like to see them go on with a D3. Never happen but I did love it. There are a couple of other game series that deserve sequels as well, Pandemonium would be great for a 3rd game and how about a Croc 3?

mike_jmg
September 3rd, 2010, 06:12
Never had any sega console, only nintendo and then a ps2, even so I liked a lot the first Power Stone, I played it at the arcade, already got my wish granted with Power Stone Collection.

NiGame
September 3rd, 2010, 14:29
Atari Jaguar 64
Aliens Vs Predator!

symbal
September 3rd, 2010, 15:13
I played Burning rubber on Amstrad GX4000 a few times and vaguely remember enjoying it.

Broonale
September 4th, 2010, 05:12
Atari Jaguar 64
Aliens Vs Predator!

... and
Tempest 2000
Breakout 2000
Atari Karts

mmochel
September 4th, 2010, 19:06
Toy Commander on dreamcast was great.

Qmark