PDA

View Full Version : Diet Game for Wii

wraggster
August 16th, 2006, 16:42
A diet game is to be the latest in Nintendo's line-up of lifestyle titles for its consoles, with this fat-busting game planned for Wii.

Nintendo is hoping to attract new consumers to Wii with this diet game, in much the same way Dr Kawashima's Brain Training has done with DS, according to business news service Bloomberg.

Unfortunately there are no details about the project just yet, but that allows us to indulge in some speculation, so here goes. The game could encourage aerobic exercise by moving the Wii remote round or perhaps advise on calorie intake, and menu ideas could be made available using the online connectivity.

Whatever happens, it seems that Nintendo is keen to prove to the world that gaming can be good for you.

Video_freak
August 16th, 2006, 16:44
I really want to see how this game turns out. It seems like an awesome idea as long as they don't screw it up by having us jog in place for half an hour. ;)

CampaKaze
August 16th, 2006, 21:04
lol!! i just thot of something, they could add a dancing thing to this, just tape 4 controllers, to each arm and each leg lol :P it could be like the Uber dance dance revolution

PyRoUK
August 16th, 2006, 21:47
I foresee scales cnnecting as a controller...

philr359
August 16th, 2006, 23:49
shouldn't this be called an exercise game, not a diet game?

unless it has a meal planner and calorie counter xD

Video_freak
August 16th, 2006, 23:50
It helps you loose weight. And ladies (and guys) usually loose weight on diets...

philr359
August 18th, 2006, 02:56
true, but 'diet' generally refers to eating choices.

Video_freak
August 18th, 2006, 03:25
I think that's the joke...

woods05
August 23rd, 2006, 06:33

More than likely it will have a list of foods that are healthy choices.