PDA

View Full Version : luminex

wraggster
August 16th, 2006, 18:22
Pointbat (http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,2932.0.html) has released a new game for the Neoflash Coding Contest, heres the details:

Here is my game, a lumines-like. The game is working fine and use png images (you can change them). There is no sound for the moment

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Accordion
August 16th, 2006, 20:01
not trying to be cruel...
but why release a lumines clone without sound...thats the whole point of it!

and we already have 2 lumines clones.

xiringu
August 16th, 2006, 21:34
thnx to pointbat. I love lumines :)

and, accordian ... get lost

this guy has chosen to share his work with us, and you still complain?

get a life...

vettacossx
August 16th, 2006, 21:46
thats our accordien boy....lol...but yeah this is a gr8 game i think!!! ;) and id love to see this updated ;) thanks for the contribution man!!! :)

PSmonkey
August 16th, 2006, 21:50
thnx to pointbat. I love lumines :)

and, accordian ... get lost

this guy has chosen to share his work with us, and you still complain?

get a life...

What is with people recently? He had an actual valid opinion. Alot of what made lumines was the music not just the basics of gameplay.

Nothing personal but I also question why a clone of a psp game vs making something original or modifying it to make it uniq vs a straight up copy.

Just my two cents. Maybe he could have modified it a bit to let you rotate the play field, or maybe play with the psp on it's side and give a long vertical play field.

just my 2 cents. Nothing against the author. A contribution is great and better then nothing at all, yet not forget this is not a random release, it is for a competition and one must exspect to give it everything he gots if he wishes to win (and the 1st place prize is a Wii, so its no cheap compo either).

Mourningstar
August 16th, 2006, 22:15
Looks good, but needs sound...

DPyro
August 16th, 2006, 22:41
*cough* Not gonna win *cough*

xiringu
August 16th, 2006, 22:56
PSmonkey, my comment wasn't about a constructive opinion from accordian, but a selfish one.

oh, " I " don't like it, so why do you release that crap?

c'mon. the scene is not about what YOU like or not, is much more than that.

if I could decide what homebrew should exist or not on my preferences, the list wouldn't be more than 10 programs..and the rest can disappear..but that's not how this works.

an example: I don't like Beats of Rage or Super Mario (original or homebrew ports), I simply can't stand playing them. I think it's extremely boring, but...lots of people don't think like me, so there you go, Beats of Rage is a big project, and Super Mario is one of the most famous games of all times.

comments like that only tells noobs: "don't do it, or you will be flamed", instead of "nice, and now, try to improve it"

I've seen this so many times, for so many years...

Accordion
August 16th, 2006, 23:07
hmmm.

well xiringu your last post was right. but like psmonkey has mentioned this isnt a work in progress, or even just a release...its a competition entry, and there is still time to complete the entries, so why! submit a W.I.P build for a competition which isnt yet closed.......???

also what is the target audience...? people who like lumines? the same people who have lumines?

i am certain that this game will be improved upon and will most likely be an exellent final product.

you blew my post out of proportion

PSmonkey
August 17th, 2006, 01:28
PSmonkey, my comment wasn't about a constructive opinion from accordian, but a selfish one.

oh, " I " don't like it, so why do you release that crap?

c'mon. the scene is not about what YOU like or not, is much more than that.

if I could decide what homebrew should exist or not on my preferences, the list wouldn't be more than 10 programs..and the rest can disappear..but that's not how this works.

an example: I don't like Beats of Rage or Super Mario (original or homebrew ports), I simply can't stand playing them. I think it's extremely boring, but...lots of people don't think like me, so there you go, Beats of Rage is a big project, and Super Mario is one of the most famous games of all times.

comments like that only tells noobs: "don't do it, or you will be flamed", instead of "nice, and now, try to improve it"

I've seen this so many times, for so many years...

I think you should clear your head and reread his post. You clearly went way over what he ment or stated. He made a valid point asking why make a luminies clone without music? He did not state "Gawed this sucks, Guy should just quit coding!!"

I personaly agree with him. Why a luminies clone without music. Music was a key factor to what made lumines a big sucess. :)

kayhanbakid
August 17th, 2006, 04:57
i never listen to the sound on my lumines. i usually listen to my ipod or something instead.

i already have Lumines. but i have no problem with people trying to port games several times. different homebrew games feel different and it's better for people to have a variety to choose from.

there have been several tetris games made for psp but i don't like the way any of them feel. none of them have the smoothness of the original one on gameboy that i fell in love with. and i don't really like playing the gameboy rom on the psp because the widescreen makes it look wierd and it just doesn't feel right.

Video_freak
August 17th, 2006, 05:00
This is a great game and I hope to see updates. I bet sound will come eventually ;)

mr_nick666
August 17th, 2006, 09:04
thats our accordien boy....lol...but yeah this is a gr8 game i think!!! ;) and id love to see this updated ;) thanks for the contribution man!!! :)

You thinking of modding this one then Vetta!?? ;)

Its always good to see people contributing to the scene - thanks :) Just keep on contributing! :p

Kramer
August 17th, 2006, 09:19
This is the kind of game that shadowphrophet was talking about in his piracy thread. It's a clone of a game that's still selling right now posting this on the front page is like posting the lumines iso on the front page.

If anyone wants to read Shadows thread here's the link
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=31526

V3N0M
August 17th, 2006, 10:32
I do agree with you Kramer. But at the same time its his own creation based on the influence of the original one. So it is in no way like an iso of the game. From what i can see he recreated it based on the type of game and took nothing from the iso. So that in my book is his own creation. And if you look around there are many games (Commercial) that are "clones" of others. Now those games make money off of the original game. GTA for example have influenced many games and along with that came "clones". Those people who produced the "clone" game were not sewed or in anyway attacked by rock star. Reason behind this is the "clone" is a slightly different game and taking nothing from the code just the original concept but with a twist. So they are just using the game as more of a guideline. So if you understand what i am saying. This is in no way piracy, i can't see anything happening to the creator of this "clone" as he did not steal anything.

QueadlunnRau
August 17th, 2006, 14:46
Umm can't we all just get a bong? Seriously I thought this thread was about this new Lumines clone?

Pointbat im installing this right after this reply, from the screenies above it looks great. I mainly play my PSP at work so I cannot have the sound on anyway, so this clone should be great for me. :D