PDA

View Full Version : NullDC News - Dreamcast Emulator for PS3 News

wraggster
September 6th, 2010, 22:20
drk||Raziel has answered a dream of mine, he is looking into porting his Dreamcast Emulator NullDC to the PS3, heres whats posted on his blog:

Well, sometimes you just can’t get free from your projects as easily as you want to. So, seeing as there wasn’t much interest in nulldc’s source I started to work at it again ! (And yes, of course it will remain open source).

So, I’m officially again working on nullDC! There’s a bank of ideas on the wiki on what I plan to do. We’re also planning to get the project side back up and stuff.

Leaving that aside, I’d also like to ask for donations. The project hasn’t really asked for donations so far (except specific cases, like the Pandora port that required hardware to be brought). As I’m running quite low on money I’ll open up donations for the project.

Donated money will be used for: Getting a ps3, porting/working on nullDC/pcsx2 for ps3, getting a jtag’d xbox to port stuff to it, and finally to pay for server/misc hardware fees.

http://drk.emudev.org/blog/?p=147

vitorgatti
September 7th, 2010, 15:50
Whoa... a Dreamcast emulator for PS3 = AWESOME!

paul3100
September 8th, 2010, 16:34
yeah but its not for the jail broken ps3 right but the linux ps3?

paul3100

DPyro
September 8th, 2010, 16:36
Jailbreak PS3.

vitorgatti
September 8th, 2010, 16:36
yeah but its not for the jail broken ps3 right but the linux ps3?

paul3100

Linux on PS3 doesn't have 3D acceleration yet, so I guess this is for PSJailBreak!

BlueCrab
September 8th, 2010, 20:47
Remember, looking into and actually working on are two very different things. At this point, drk doesn't even have a PS3 to work with.

Simply put, I wouldn't read too much into it at the moment. He's looking at the possibility, and that is all (and yes, I know this from having spoken with him).