PDA

View Full Version : Rivals can’t copy Kinect

wraggster
September 7th, 2010, 21:51
Competitors hoping to release alternatives to Kinect will find it very difficult to replicate the advances found in the software powering the device, Microsoft has stated.
"I think what we've done with the software is something that's really hard to pull off," Microsoft Game Studios’ head Kinect designer Kudo Tsunoda told Eurogamer.
"We have a good advantage at Microsoft because we have groups like our Microsoft Research department that not a lot of other companies have, and we're able to solve some super-complicated technical problems in a short period of time. They were actually working on something like this before we even started it on Xbox.
"I think it's going to be super-challenging for anybody else to solve those problems.
"People have been trying for a long time and we're the first company that's been able to deliver this. If people are able to figure it out like you're saying, by the time they've figured it out we're going to be off into adding more new things to the platform.

"But I just think that's such a hard technology challenge that it will be hard for anyone to deliver on what Kinect is."

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/40774/Rivals-cant-copy-Kinect