PDA

View Full Version : LoneWolfDS - Shadow On The Sand 1.0 released

Michoko
September 8th, 2010, 11:25
Hi!

The LoneWolfDS project has reached a significant milestone, this time with the 5th book of the Lone Wolf series: Shadow On The Sand. For those who had missed previous volumes, this is an attempt at porting good old paper gamebooks to the DS console. Why is this one special? Because this is the last volume of the Kai series, closing the first cycle of Lone Wolf's adventures. It's also the biggest of all the Kai books (400 sections spread in two main chapters, phew!).

A nice review of the book can be read here: http://web.ncf.ca/as300/b5.html

So what's new in this 5th book?
- A nice new adventure including 400 sections and several original plot twists!
- I made a new music to celebrate this milestone, called "The Last Chapter", bringing the OST to 10 tracks.

As with all other versions, you can continue your game from the last book. For this, you need to have the "The Chasm Of Doom.xml" file at the root of your SD card, and this saved game must contain at least one slot saved at the end of book 4.

You can get the game here : http://www.projectaon.org/staff/frederic/index.php

(please don't host the ROM on your site but use this link instead, as required by the Project Aon licensed! Thanks!)

If you encounter a problem or a bug, please tell me your DS and linker model and I'll try to investigate. Thank you for your feedback!

So now, what will I do for the rest of the series? I'm not sure yet. I'll first have to check what gameplay changes the new books may involve. I'm also starting to consider an iPhone port of my homebrew: I'm currently in a professional transition, and I'd like to earn a bit of money to feed my family. So porting it to online selling platforms might generate a bit of income. By the way, if you want to thank me for the work I've done during the last years, and encourage me to release further books, you can still make a donation on the download page. In those changing times for me, it will be more helpful than ever, and will be greatly appreciated! ;)

Anyway, spread the word and have fun! :)

Frédéric Calendini

wraggster
September 8th, 2010, 15:53
thanks for the news. moved to DS News forum :)