PDA

View Full Version : B-Boy Hands-on

wraggster
August 16th, 2006, 23:45
As popular dance phenomena in videogames go, break-dancing exudes the sort of urban cool that's practically defined Sony's console since Rockstar's GTA III kicked off the whole gang warfare fad. Line dancing, bogling and sychronised pelvic clenching, on the other hand, don't - which is a shame, because 'Bogle-Boy' has quite a nice ring to it.

So then to Sony's B-Boy - a strange hybrid of rhythm-actioner and fighter, all wrapped up in a gritty hip-hop bow. Developed by FreeStyleGames in collaboration with noted real-life B-Boy Crazy Legs (real name, Richard Colón, hilariously enough), B-Boy puts gamers in the sneakers of a break-dancing wannabe, tasked with challenging some of the greatest B-Boys in the world.

Single-player progression occurs through the 'Livin' da Life' career mode where, from the game's hub (known as The Lab), players are free to practice their B-Bobbery, consult their movebook, take on challenges from in-game opponents or even change their streetwear. First things first though, tackling the tutorial is highly recommended - mainly because B-Boy doesn't play quite like anything that's come before.

Full Article (http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/724/724563p1.html)

Video_freak
August 16th, 2006, 23:46
This game looks interesting. Not like most games on the market right now that's for sure... :)

sgamemu22
August 17th, 2006, 04:05
Waiting years for a game like this. I made my own for a college project and I got a good response.