PDA

View Full Version : DSOrganise 2.2 Final Released

wraggster
August 17th, 2006, 00:08
DragonMinded posted this news and release of his DS Organiser App:

Ok, so I worked pretty hard due to some requests to get it out as fast as possible, and DSO 2.2 Final is now out! The list of fixes on this one is longer than any other set of updates, I really tried to polish this verison for you guys! Please note that even though the G6 team released a fat lib, I will not be adding support until they release the source for their adapter. It's not just that I don't want to have a second compile just for G6, but also I have added functions to my modified version of the fat lib that are needed for DSOrganize to run, so it is physically impossible.

Maybe someone can reverse the code and provide it as a standard interface to chishm's fat lib?

Anyhow, you can find the update on my site at http://www.dragonminded.com/. Happy homebrewing! Please give me feedback on SuperCard/M3 compatibility.

and also this

I have compiled a newer test library with the code that used to work for SuperCard CF/SD, and would like you guys to test and report back to me on it. Get the file here and try. Also, Max Media CF users, please give this one a spin too, let me know.

Tested working on: GBAMP, NINJASD, MK2, MK3.

Heres the Release Info

Fixed a few more screen inconsistencies with the keyboard.
Fixed launch alternate in browser being labeled as record.
Fixed pageup/pagedown not working via touchscreen on text editor.
Fixed the freeze bug and graphic corruption in the text editor with page up and down.
Fixed a bug with the default download directory in the homebrew database.
Updated fat library to reflect newest fixes by chishm.

Supports slower SD cards that wouldn't init before.
Supports Max Media CF (unverified) and Ninja SD (tested working)
Touchscreen and keys are now responsive again in the audio playback modes.
Added in touch code for next/previous functions on audio playback screen.
Renaming is now instant and allows you to change capitalization, and works on directories.
Delete works on directories, and will recursively delete if the directory is not empty.
Added mkdir command to browser.
Added cut/paste command for people who want to move instead of copy.
Worked on sound code some more, it isn't going to be possible to add volume in, my code is apparently too slow.
Added primitive support for ogg vorbis info.
Added some settings to the configuration page.
Changed a couple icons in the program.
Added second click option to Address, Todo, Scribble, and Homebrew Database screens.
Fixed a bug where the last icon on the second page of the home screen didn't have a caption in other languages.
Fixed the sorting bug with DD/MM/YY display under Homebrew Database.
Added sanity checks to all commands in IRC.
Fixed a join bug with bad server replies in IRC.
Added TIME and PING CTCP replies in IRC.
Added missing KICK command to parser.
Added autoperform to IRC. Put any commands you want to perform on connect in autoperform.txt in the DSOrganize root data directory. Separate each command on a different line.
Fixed color scheme for server versus client error messages.
Fixed a bug in changing nicks that could cause DSO IRC to crash.
Updated wifi lib again.
Fixed crash from pressing Y on browser with an NDS highlighted when running from non GBAMP/SC.
Added ninjaSD as a possible card type on the homebrew database.
Added custom HBDB package files to browser. Simply place the script for your custom download into a text file and save as a ".pkg"
Added custom HBDB connect url files to browser. Place the base url into a text file and save as a ".hbdb" Note that custom HBDB databases do not recieve the card that DSOrganize runs on.
Fixed calculator freeze bug with e^x and other things. This was due to the m_apm library not having a return function to tell how long the string would be, so I had to modify it myself.
Fixed a calculator bug when pressing two binary operators after another performed the first instead of changing to the second.
Changed equals key to repeat the last binary operation, like a real calculator.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Talka1ot
August 17th, 2006, 01:14
I'm getting this when my m3 arrives, I might need help installing it on my DS with my m3 mini sd. Is it easy?

kcajblue
August 17th, 2006, 01:49
cool. another DSOrganize release. yay :)

manticorex
August 17th, 2006, 02:14
Just tried it on my Max Media CF.....No luck. Little dancing cow goes to not supported. If anyone has any luck with this please say how they got it working. I tried it on both a 2GB card and a 128 MB one :'(

G0nan
August 17th, 2006, 02:26
I got the same dancing cow and failure on SCSD :(

kcajblue
August 17th, 2006, 03:13
it works on the m3 just fine:) i dont know about the Max Media CF or SCSD though:confused:

rogpeplot
August 17th, 2006, 04:06
Same cow,
initializing FAT
never happen

Preview 2 works good, but final not on Supercard SD
must be a bug

Talka1ot
August 17th, 2006, 05:42
Is it something you have to install onto the SD Card, or something you can just run?

iball
August 17th, 2006, 05:47
OK, gang, are you even READING the first post?

Dragonminded has fixed the PDC issue (Perpetual Dancing Cow).
http://www.dragonminded.com/ndsdev/DSOrganize_test.zip

For those with the M3mini, did you read the FAQ first?
http://www.dragonminded.com/?loc=ndsdev/DSOrganize%20FAQ

Also, M3miniSDv2 isn't well-supported by this. V1 barely is.
Those with the Max Media Dock, buy a REAL flashcart.
Those with Supercards, the test version works perfectly.

manticorex
August 17th, 2006, 05:58
No need for anger. In my opinion the media dock might be the best thing going for homebrew right now. It can bring it to the average consumer. Most people arent going to go online and look around, but many may walk into a best buy and it will peak their interest. Sure its not the best one out there, but its also not the worst. The 4gb hdd one is a ripoff, but 40$ for a nopass and a card reader without worrying about S&H is a pretty good deal to me.

Anyways, this is about DSOrganize, so if anyone gets it working i would love to know!

Talka1ot
August 17th, 2006, 06:41
OK, gang, are you even READING the first post?

Dragonminded has fixed the PDC issue (Perpetual Dancing Cow).
http://www.dragonminded.com/ndsdev/DSOrganize_test.zip

For those with the M3mini, did you read the FAQ first?

Also, M3miniSDv2 isn't well-supported by this. V1 barely is.
Those with the Max Media Dock, buy a REAL flashcart.
Those with Supercards, the test version works perfectly.

I suppose I've got that, ouch.
Yeah I didn't read the first post, I don't even have the mini sd yet so I didn't experiment and figured yall could tell me what to do when I got it.

Thats a bummer, this program was in an article and it was almost the sellingpoint for me to get my m3 sd mini. DAMN!!!

THUD
August 17th, 2006, 09:37
Whats with the dancing cow thing, tried both files now on my SD SC and just get Please wait...initializing FAT...

by the time the cow stops dancing he will be skinny

stefh
August 17th, 2006, 09:37
Mine stays initializing FAT and cow dancing...
Using Supercard Lite with Passcard 3 and Sandisk MicroSD Ultra II 1gb... The Beta worked, but when I tried to save something (a note, or something inside the agenda or calender) everything was gone when looking again...

Cygoku
August 17th, 2006, 15:01
Those with Supercards, the test version works perfectly.**** you, no it's not working with Supercard Lite!

Go buy a real DS!

Cygoku

iball
August 17th, 2006, 17:15
**** you, no it's not working with Supercard Lite!

Go buy a real DS!

Cygoku
No, fcuk YOU, go look at Dragonminded's page and you'll see the BLUE version works fine on the SC Lite.

Again, before b!tching please read the FAQs.

CampaKaze
August 17th, 2006, 18:00
I... Smell.. OWNAGED! you know what? if someone made a video of a Dancing cow sorta like what weebl does and put it as homebrew everyone would like it. :D

Cygoku
August 18th, 2006, 00:15
No, fcuk YOU, go look at Dragonminded's page and you'll see the BLUE version works fine on the SC Lite.

Again, before b!tching please read the FAQs.Sorry, but my Supercard Lite is WHITE and so does my DSL! :)

j/k

Still, it's NOT working you ****ing asshole, I tryed so many ****ing that you need to shut the hell up you stupid monster!

Cygoku

Junixx
August 18th, 2006, 01:43
I'm glad i have a GBAMP :rolleyes: works fine for me

Bahamut_X
August 18th, 2006, 07:16
Well managed to fire it up on my M3 CF; and rather interesting firing up the homebrew database.

iball
August 18th, 2006, 10:19
Sorry, but my Supercard Lite is WHITE and so does my DSL! :)

j/k

Still, it's NOT working you ****ing asshole, I tryed so many ****ing that you need to shut the hell up you stupid monster!

Cygoku
Again, you're ignorant. Think about it a moment.
You haven't said ANYTHING about any of the methods you've tried to get this to work.
Go do some goddamned research on the nets and you'll quickly figure it out.
Namely by going to the DSOrganize forums, perhaps?
Bah, I'm done with you.

henchturk
February 28th, 2007, 19:29
Sorry to bump this I can't get this to work my Supercard ds (one)

It gives me the error:

Card not compatible w/Chism's Fat library.

Joel92
February 28th, 2007, 19:45
well, how about you use the latest version? that sounds like a good idea.

henchturk
February 28th, 2007, 21:45
well, how about you use the latest version? that sounds like a good idea.

How about I did/am but couldn't find the topic on the forum ;) (did a search found nothing)

Would it of really been that hard not to be an ass about it, anywho.

Anybody got any idea? Thanks in advance. :)

DanTheManMS
February 28th, 2007, 22:38
Go to the front page of this thread to find the link to his homepage, where you can download the latest version.

henchturk
February 28th, 2007, 22:59
Go to the front page of this thread to find the link to his homepage, where you can download the latest version.

I doownloaded the latest version, patched it DLDI, now when I try to launch the radio .pls, it is stuck on Associating. It goes through the numbers.

e.g. #7 454/700
#8 300/700

help me pls :)

DanTheManMS
February 28th, 2007, 23:29
Use an official game to go to the WFC settings. Make sure that they're all set to manual entires, not Automatic. Homebrew has a hard time with DHCP, the process of automatically obtaining an IP address from an AP.

henchturk
February 28th, 2007, 23:30
ok I'll give it a try, I'll get back in a few minutes,

but the crazy thing is it worked once for a few seconds then never aain :(

P.s. Im on a 16mb broadband connection.

EDIT: THANK YOU [/caps] it worked, :D

zoomzoom4710
July 2nd, 2007, 02:18
How do i make my own hbdb that will work on the r4 so i can upload my own private files because i broke my micro sd card reader and this would help me alot so please help me:)

archetype
July 24th, 2007, 00:34
Can anyone tell me why, when I try to patch the nds file it says theres no DLDI section?

rigor
July 24th, 2007, 00:47
Maybe you should try the latest version of DSOrganize...

archetype
July 24th, 2007, 01:05
I have the latest version 2.8 GBAX, patched the nds file, added the custom exec and load. I still get the dancing cow and it just says

Initializing DSOrganize
Trying SuperCard SD

I'm using an M3 simply

DanTheManMS
July 24th, 2007, 01:21
My guess is that you patched with the wrong file. Don't use the "M3 SD" DLDI file, as that's for the slot-2 M3 products. Use the DLDI file for the R4 instead, as it's the same device as the M3 Simply.

archetype
July 24th, 2007, 01:22
ye tahts the one I did patch it with