PDA

View Full Version : Dungeons & Dragons: Tactics Preview

wraggster
August 17th, 2006, 00:47
Heres an excerpt

Thanks to a collaboration between Kuju and Wizards of the Coast, D&D Tactics will utilize the equivalent of 13 rule books crammed onto one UMD. According to the dev team, the title will have a more faithful adherence to the 3.5 version of D&D than any game on any game system up to this point. Apparently, a great deal of the authenticity comes from the fact that Wizards of the Coast has kept an exceptionally heavy hand and vigilant eye over the process of creating the game's dynamics, ensuring that D&D Tactics stays as close to the 3.5 rulebook as it can. In addition, this title will be the first ever D&D video game to feature a Psionics character class. Other character classes mentioned include sorcerers, dwarves, and mages. While I didn't know certain facts, such as that in 3.5, dwarves have night vision, I knew that seeing a visual representation of that made a lot of sense onscreen.

Full Article (http://psp.gamespy.com/playstation-portable/dungeons-dragons-tactics/725798p1.html)

yobusta
August 17th, 2006, 02:14
Sweet cant wait till its released

gamesquest1
August 17th, 2006, 02:40
whats the big obsesion over these games .....i think its just an american think isnt it :S it kind of worries me how people can get so devoted to a bloody game.....extemely sad

SnoopKatt
August 17th, 2006, 05:04
I've never seen the big deal about Dungeons and Dragons, but MONOPOLY is where it's at :) It's so fun to just hang out with a whole bunch of friends and play all night.

Baboon
August 17th, 2006, 08:33
Ahhh, but do you remember the D&D cartoon that used to be shown many moons ago on Saturday Mornings? ...Quality stuff. :)

I used to love watching that as a kid. lol

GobboFett
August 17th, 2006, 08:58
Ahhh, but do you remember the D&D cartoon that used to be shown many moons ago on Saturday Mornings? ...Quality stuff. :)

I used to love watching that as a kid. lol

HELL YES!!! That series was so awesome, especially with Peter Cullen as Venger. But that frickin barbarian kid and his pet gimp "Uni" made you want to smash your face against a brick wall :p I've seen DVD's of it recently too...

Back on topic, this sounds like a pretty cool game. About time a FULL 3.5 rules game is getting released and a Psionics class <insert Duffman music and pelvic thrust> :D

Baboon
August 17th, 2006, 09:11
HELL YES!!! That series was so awesome, especially with Peter Cullen as Venger. But that frickin barbarian kid and his pet gimp "Uni" made you want to smash your face against a brick wall :p I've seen DVD's of it recently too...

Back on topic, this sounds like a pretty cool game. About time a FULL 3.5 rules game is getting released and a Psionics class <insert Duffman music and pelvic thrust> :D

Peter Cullen aka Optimus Prime and Megatron! :D

I might go and buy the DVD set now.

...oh, and this game looks quite good too! :)

Nookadum
August 17th, 2006, 14:19
Shit, this is one of the games I'm actually going to buy. :o

QueadlunnRau
August 17th, 2006, 14:19
Other character classes mentioned include sorcerers, dwarves, and mages.

Who wrote this article??? Dwarves is a class???

Since when can you create a "Human" Fighter/Mage/Dwarf? yea ... (sarcasm)

Tanis6909
August 17th, 2006, 14:48
sounds awesome....bet most of us wont get to play it.....i'd be willing to bet it comes with a 3.97 or whatever the heck it is firmware update

GobboFett
August 17th, 2006, 15:03
Peter Cullen aka Optimus Prime and Megatron! :D

I might go and buy the DVD set now.

...oh, and this game looks quite good too! :)

Well... Peter Cullen was G1 Prime but Frank Welker was Megs (and I just found out he voiced Uni :confused:). Still, awesome looking game :D