PDA

View Full Version : Button Input

slucas
August 17th, 2006, 13:53
Hey all,

First time poster so hoping you can perhaps help me out.
So I want to do some decent button input and reading, but am finding it difficult to find info on the SceCtrlLatch structure.
What I basically want is a check of what button i have pressed for say .25 second.
Yes SceCtrlLatch.uiPress tells me what button i am pressing but does exactly the same as SceCtrlData.Buttons so its down to SceCtrlLatch's uiMake, uiBreak, uiRelease but all seem to give me random results, for example if i press and release (thus uiRelease would show me which button is being released) a button for 1 second i will get a x-button response, but next 3 times i press it i wont get a x-button response
Is there a function or call i can make to get button feedaback more often? is there some more documentation on what this structure does (google search achieves not much) .
This forum has been helpful to get me to where i am but is there a more in depth developer forum?
Soon i should have a small demo that you guys will be able to look at (perhaps have to get some artist help too).
Sorry for the lengthy post - just trying to get my scenario clear.
Thanks for the help in advance.
Sam

BTW i am not using LUA just pure C, and a form of engine that i am writing.

yaustar
August 17th, 2006, 14:33
Try going to http://ps2dev.org/ .

As to your problem, can't you use a timer to time the number of ms from when a button is pressed to release state? E.g Puesdocode

if CrossButtonPressed then
start timer
endif

if not CrossButtonPressed then
reset timer
endif