PDA

View Full Version : No GameCube controller for Wii Zelda

wraggster
August 17th, 2006, 16:00
Twilight Princess Wii denied traditional controller support. Plus: original games tipped for Virtual Console

Bad news for Zelda fans looking to play Twilight Princess Wii with a traditional GameCube pad - according to Nintendo VP of marketing George Harrison, Wii users are going to have to get used to waving Nintendo's remote for the Link's next adventure, when it launches on both consoles later this year.

Speaking in a web chat on Nintendo's own Camp Hyrule, Harrison commented that the Wii version of Twilight Princess will not feature support for the GameCube controller as previously believed. "The GCN controller will be able to play the GCN version on the Wii console, but will not be able to play the Wii version," Harrison said. This comes after comments made by Nintendo's Perrin Kaplan, suggesting that the Wii version of Zelda would feature GameCube controller support via the Wii's legacy controller ports.

Many had hoped Nintendo would include support for both Wii and GameCube control schemes in the vein of many other upcoming Wii releases. But it looks like you're going to have to shell out for both versions of Twilight Princess, if you want to choose between the Wii's controller-waving antics and the GameCube's more vanilla control scheme.

Harrison also dropped some new info on the Wii's Virtual Console, the service which allows users to download and play retro titles from previous Nintendo consoles, along with Sega's Mega Drive and others. "Remember, there are other secrets of the virtual console that we won't reveal until we get closer to launch," Harrison said. "Virtual console offers the possibility for us to create new games, but our focus right now is in getting the Wii hardware launched and new games from Nintendo on the virtual console will be coming sometime after the launch." Should Live Arcade be worried? We'll be watching with interest.

Video_freak
August 17th, 2006, 16:06
I'm glad they're not incorporating the Gamecube controller. We need new controlls.
In terms of Virtual console games, it's cool, but I have a PSP for emulators (I'll probably buy some virtual games just to see what they're like on the Wii though :))

sko, TheLogicalGamer
August 17th, 2006, 17:38
I agree it's time to move and get used to playing with the wii mote. I am not saying that is for all games though, I think SSBB should be played with a cube controller. I think the wii mote will be pretty cool to use for Zelda.

philr359
August 18th, 2006, 02:40
good, i wouldnt use the gc controller anyway

muffinman
August 18th, 2006, 14:48
id like to play it with my n64 controller but i doubt that will happen....

i may buy the gc version as i dont like the looks of this waving about :p

jangosolo
August 18th, 2006, 17:14
I was initially disappointed to read that, but you gotta embrace the wii haven't you?

Game on!

roy5
August 19th, 2006, 00:51
gc controller is to big to use

roy5
August 19th, 2006, 00:51
the wii controler is probably lighter too

JKKDARK
August 19th, 2006, 01:04
damn nintendo :mad:

CampaKaze
August 19th, 2006, 04:22
Like wheres your sense of adventure? if your getting a Wii, and your first game is LoZ: TP why would anyone use the GC controller?!?! come one just cus u think ur all pro at it jeez lol u mite aswell get the GC one.. i always forget about the old consoles anyways, cept for handhelds, usually.. and the Wii-mote is gonna be real cool, even if not for LoZ lol they have the Wii-gun which looks like a freakin shotgun from the pic i saw and the other standard looking controller. cant wait to try the Wii-gun!!!

CampaKaze
August 19th, 2006, 04:36
/|\
|
|
|
Ban? that looks like advertising and thats his first post he/she doesnt really look like a homebrew neighbor in our community :(

Cooe14
August 19th, 2006, 07:21
Dang it :mad:. Looks like I am buying the GameCube version :(.

Malksta
August 19th, 2006, 13:47
Good, If anyone want's to use the GC Controller they can just buy the GC version..
IT'S THE WII-MOTE FOR GODSAKES