PDA

View Full Version : ColEm PSP version 2.6.1 released

wraggster
September 12th, 2010, 16:20
DCEmu Coder Uberjack is back with a new release of his Colecovision Emulator for the PSP, heres the release details:

Proving that I’m not actually dead, but restin’, is today’s release of ColEm PSP 2.6.1. It’s a pretty cool release, as it fixes games like Frogger and Heist, which are now playable. Straight from Marat’s documentation:

» State save file format (.STA) changed!
» Now clearing all RAM to zeros (Heist works)
» Now padding smaller ROMs with 0xFFs in LoadROM()
» Fixed Reset9918() to reset VDP completely (Boulder Dash and Frogger)
» Implemented SCREEN2 table address masking, thanks to Daniel Bienvenu
Just to re-emphasize, save state format has changed, so your old save states will not be compatible with the new version. Keep both versions if you don’t want to throw away all your hard work.

Download

For those who are still following my activities, I’m not actually restin’ – I got a new job in Los Angeles, and my new duties coupled with LA commute make it difficult for me to pursue my usual hacking (as in programming, not the evil variety) activities.

My new job, of course, hasn’t stopped me from emulation in general – I recently got a Nintendo Wii, and lost no time in unlocking its considerably more entertaining features. State of emulation (and homebrew in general) on the Wii seems to parallel that of the PSP, although it does seem to be further ahead (market penetration and all).

While I already have the devkit installed, and am considering adding features to some existing Wii emulators, I doubt I’ll ever do anything of the scale of my PSP projects again – I simply don’t have the time.

http://0xff.akop.org/2010/09/12/colem-psp-version-2-6-1-released/#more-1033