PDA

View Full Version : PSP help for a beginner

scallywag
March 8th, 2005, 13:42
Afternoon all

After trawling through the net you guys seem the most knowledge on the PSP. I will apologise in advance if this has already been asked.

1.Does anyone know when the official UK release date is for the PSP and how much it is likely to cost (can you believe I emailed Sony and they wouldn't tell me)

2. Is it worthwhile to order a US one. I see alot of you guys already have. My only concern is that the games appear to be region free but what if this changes in the future. It would be harder to sell on right?? (If anyone can recommend any sites to buy one it would be most appreciated)

3. Possibly the most important. Any news on when ISS Pro Evolution will be out.

Thanks in advance

Scallywag

Thanks in advance

aseddon130
March 8th, 2005, 14:28
1) - I read somewhere the UK release is somewhere inbetween April - July 2005 (end of 2nd qtr of 2005)

2) Its worthwhile to just get a japanese one, theyre all going to be exactly the same, all games will work on any region PSP. Also, if the UMD discs are region-encoded then in UK they'll be Region 2 and the Japanese PSP is region 2. - whereas the USA one will be Region 1 (thats if they stick to the DVD Region coding)

3) No news of a Pro Evo on PSP - but as Agent Smith says ... It is Inevitable!!!
* * *get the FIFA for the time being...

scallywag
March 8th, 2005, 14:37
Top work

Thanks for that. :)

billy
March 9th, 2005, 16:42
if u live in the uk get a jap psp as it will be the same region for movies but all games r region free. lik-sang r offering a standard pack psp for £145.

billy
March 9th, 2005, 16:43
:)