PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2 speed trial becomes Guinness world record

wraggster
August 17th, 2006, 16:41
How fast can you beat Halo 2? In August of 2005, Cody Miller managed to take on the Flood on Legendary difficulty in 3 1/2 hours ... without dying. It's an amazing feat, so much so that the 2007 Guinness Book of World Record lists Cody's stunt.

If any Joystiq readers can get a scan of the page, let us know and we'll update. The Guinness website does not have it listed yet, unfortunately.

You can check out Cody's explanation of the feat here, as well as check out the video here. (http://bungie.net/News/Story.aspx?link=wusheadlinerules)Congratulations, and for those naysayers who say his run is no big deal, we'll let the guys at Bungie's tell you off:

"I bet that about 40 of you will say, "ZOMG I TOTALLY DID THAT TWO YEARS AGO IN HALF THE TIME." But you're lying. I know it, you know it and your mom knows it good and hard. So just don't."

Video_freak
August 17th, 2006, 17:17
"I bet that about 40 of you will say, "ZOMG I TOTALLY DID THAT TWO YEARS AGO IN HALF THE TIME." But you're lying. I know it, you know it and your mom knows it good and hard. So just don't."
So true..... :o

Malksta
August 18th, 2006, 01:06
Good for him :p

s1k0
August 18th, 2006, 03:52
Sweet Thats awesome it took me like 3 days:P

bullhead
August 18th, 2006, 11:26
I managed to clock it in nine hours 28 mins. But not in one sitting. And yes, on the legendary setting.

Anyways, good for him!

Cap'n 1time
August 18th, 2006, 18:59
The legendary setting I did with a friend.. and If I recall correctly some of the Bosses such as the heretic are much harder in co-op. It took about 10 hours, not in one sitting.. and certainly not without dieing to beat it.. respect to this guy.

stotheamuel
August 19th, 2006, 04:26
around 7 and a half hours... for me... one sitting :)

but it was with a friend