PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Console: Wii to Host the New Old School!

wraggster
August 17th, 2006, 16:52
Nintendo's Virtual Console, as debuting on the Wii home machine in a few months time, will feature brand new old school games in some of the best news we've heard about the emerging platform so far in its overbearingly positive emergence.

Speaking to the slightly creepy kids who spend summer pretending to camp on the Internet, brought together by their love of Nintendo at Camp Hyrule, George Harrison, Nintendo’s Vice President of Marketing and Corporate Communications said, "...we hope many people will take advantage of the virtual console games that they love from the past., but we also hope that people who have never experienced these games will enjoy them for the first time. Remember, there are other secrets of the virtual console that we won’t reveal until we get closer to launch."

He continued, "Virtual console offers the possibility for us to create new games, but our focus right now is in getting the Wii hardware launched and new games from Nintendo on the virtual console will be coming sometime after the launch."

Of course, this is more good news for bedroom coders. Fresh from the news that Microsoft is looking to enable smaller garage developers to knock together microgame projects on the Xbox 360 via Live comes a potentially similar offering from Nintendo.

And most importantly, the greatest game in history might have two potential mainstream platforms from which to dominate the globe!

ACID
August 17th, 2006, 16:54
Man cant wait for this Zeldaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Video_freak
August 17th, 2006, 17:08
More awesome news from the Wii! :)

sko, TheLogicalGamer
August 17th, 2006, 17:46
That would be cool if the virtual console got sweet games like Geometry Wars and Hexic.

bsg
August 17th, 2006, 18:07
What will the other secret of the Virtual Console be?

philr359
August 18th, 2006, 02:47
OoT 2D anyone?

Dee-Lite
August 18th, 2006, 11:04
Maybe it could be that you will be able to download some of the classics to your DS also? Maybe it will feature gameboy colour downloads for your DS?
Aww, we'll just av to wait as usual! lol

Dull Blade
August 18th, 2006, 17:41
I too will one have a wii, and as for the virtual console I alredy got all I need for retro on the DC. unless they go ahead and do the DS aswell. but no GBC games nintendo. please.