PDA

View Full Version : Whats your Wishlist for PSP & PSP2

wraggster
August 17th, 2006, 18:32
Cnn (http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6449_7-6628525.html?subj=whatsnew&part=rss&tag=rss.whatsnew) drew up a wishlist for both PSP and PSP2, see if you agree:

Wish-list of items for the existing PSP:

1) Skype support to make Internet calls (includes accessory headset).

2) Support for Slingbox. Yes, I know you sell Location-Free TV, but why bother selling the hardware when you can make more money teaming up with Sling and selling a PSP-version of its Slingbox mobile application for $34.95?

3) Built-in instant-messaging applications. In addition to Mylo's Yahoo Instant Messenger and Google Talk, let's see AIM as well.

4) Better e-mail integration. How 'bout some quick ways to check Yahoo Mail and Gmail. I know Microsoft properties (MSN, Hotmail, Live Mail) are off limits, but why not some e-mail apps from popular companies that you aren't competing with? Say, Google Desktop for PSP?

5) Keyboard accessory (see above).

6) A video-output cable so I can watch videos and play games on TV. Come on, it doesn't have to be digital or anything. Gimme some crappy analog video output, so I don't have to resort to one of those awful camera hoods. (The developer versions of the PSP have video output, by the way.)

7) Connect me. And by that, I mean your Connect music/video service that's supposed to give iTunes a run for its money. I know, it's been delayed. But the PS3 isn't the only horse in the race, and there are millions of content-hungry PSP owners already out there.

Wish-list for the PSP2:

1) Built-in 40GB or 60GB hard drive (offer various configurations at various prices, as the iPod does). If the hard disk is seen as too fragile, a fairly capacious load of flash memory--say, 4GB to 12GB--would be a worthwhile alternative.

2) Faster UMD disc reader--or whatever it takes to reduce UMD load times. Or, since we now have internal storage--and multigigabyte Memory Sticks--just make the games downloadable, à la Xbox Live Arcade.

3) Built-in Bluetooth (more flexibility for communications and accessories).

4) Put a second USB port on the bottom of the device.

5) A second flash media slot that can accept SD, MMC, and xD cards, in addition to Memory Sticks.

6) Offer at least one more expensive step-up version with the same sort of slide-down keyboard found on the Mylo and the Vaio UX180P ultramobile PC.

7) Everything from the above wish-list for the existing PSP.

What's your wish-list for the existing PSP and/or the PSP2?

QueadlunnRau
August 17th, 2006, 18:35
1. A SECOND ANALOG STICK!!!
2. Bluetooth! (then I could use a keyboard!)
3. Faster speed disc reader

HellsPlumber
August 17th, 2006, 18:35
Keyboard!keyboard!keyboard!keyboard!keyboard!keybo ard!keyboard!keyboard!keyboard!keyboard!keyboard!k eyboard!keyboard!keyboard!keyboard!keyboard!keyboa rd!keyboard!keyboard!keyboard!keyboard!keyboard!ke yboard!keyboard!

Dont Sony Realise How Much They Could Make Form A Keyboard! Everyone Wants One!!!

HellsPlumber
August 17th, 2006, 18:47
1.Faster load times

2.I thing that plugs in to the usb port and turn it in to 2

3.KEYBOARD!

4.Give the PSP four battery bars so we can know how much is left! 1 bar could mean 30% or 10%. How do we know!

5.Stream Video RSS instead of having to download it to the memory stick.

6.FLASH 8/9!

7. Internet TV

8.Internet Radio

9.Built in IR stuff(TV remote ect)

10.File browser. I always save stuff to the wrong place and have to connect to the PC to delete it

Your customer has spoken Sony! The customer is always right! Now give me my stuff! :D

KEYBOARD!KEYBOARD!KEYBOARD!KEYBOARD!

mcvader
August 17th, 2006, 18:48
Touchscreen, I know it'll just be considered a rip off from the DS but aren't sony always copying nintendo anyway? hell even the PS1/2/3 controllers are just rip-off's from the snes, with the analogue stick idea stollen from the N64.

mcvader
August 17th, 2006, 18:53
digital tv watching and recording would be nice too, not to bothered about internet tv, **** all hot-spots down my way anyhow.

QueadlunnRau
Touchscreen, I know it'll just be considered a rip off from the DS but aren't sony always copying nintendo anyway? hell even the PS1/2/3 controllers are just rip-off's from the snes, with the analogue stick idea stollen from the N64.

Oh hell yeah, a touch screen would pwn! Then people can start making homebrew of some of the best DS minigames. :D

xiringu
many things, but the easiest and cheapest of all: change the bloody mini USB for a standard USB, so we can easily attach any peripheral to it (keyboards)

and get rid off the UMD. it's heavy, sucks battery and it's useless (to me)

appart from that, mostly what people says, HD, more memory, TV output, DAB receiver, etc

there's so many things that could be done, and $ony is so reluctant to it... :(

anyway, my next handheld is going to be a Gp2x or next generation of it

SSaxdude
August 17th, 2006, 19:16
I say faster processor so that we can emulate N64 full speed much easier, although I probably won't get another Sony system because of the whole firmware mess.

jigglytom
August 17th, 2006, 19:22
ive had an idea for a while, why not simply add another analoge stick to the psp via USB, i know it'd be a bit of a strap on type of idea but if it works . . . . .

Shinto
August 17th, 2006, 19:32
your ideas are all wonderful, but you know sony...

but if sony would learn of their mistakes, they have to make:

a harddrive
tv-out
a SECOND analog stick
a better faceplate, without a mirror^^
and more, nd more, n more, more, mor, m... (echo...)

kidSN
August 17th, 2006, 19:38
THE ONE THING I WANT MOST is MULTITASKING ABILITYS!!!!! while on the webbrowser..why not listen to some music!?

2.touch screen
3.keyboard
4.flash 8+
5.file browser
6.projecter...throught usb..err projects wat ur playin o_O
....cant think need to get back to my naruto nultimate portable!!

**SONY...what about using a usb version of these virtual keyboards that can be projected and touched on any surface....http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i6/ryder_sn/image005.jpg well something like that i remember seeing it on tv... but google iz hear so > http://www.alpern.org/weblog/stories/2003/01/09/projectionKeyboards.html

slik da relic
August 17th, 2006, 19:52
to keep the price down:

a second analog stick!!!
8 buttons. put six on top Street Fighter style.
a 40gb+ microdrive.

open architecture...lol

da relic

mcvader
August 17th, 2006, 19:58
actually the best idea would have to be MORE GAMES DAMNIT!!!!

I doubt homebrew will be possible on the next psp, I'm sure sony will have it locked down tight from the get go, so they better give us a good amount of quality games or i'll just stick with my PSP1.

Video_freak
August 17th, 2006, 20:03
Keyboard and video streaming from the web. Also, legal homebrew on future firmwares.

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
August 17th, 2006, 20:07
touch screen
faster load time
second analog
MSN
keyboard
the most powerfulest grafic card for the psp, so the games will be ps3 grafixs.....
carmera and video camera
bigger battery life
etc, etc ,etc, etc..........

mcvader
August 17th, 2006, 20:08
Thanks for the link kidSN, very cool, never knew that type of tech existed!

Video_freak
August 17th, 2006, 20:10
Thanks for the link kidSN, very cool, never knew that type of tech existed!
Pocket PCs have been out for a while now...

foxtrot24
August 17th, 2006, 20:22
I dont have a need for a keyboard or anything like it so i'd probably just want some better games. Some sick ass rpgs like oblivion or fable. and i guess faster umd load time.

mavsman4457
August 17th, 2006, 20:43
Way too many people are asking for faster UMD load times. How about this, no UMD's. How about a mini blu ray or something. This way we won't need a hard drive and we could just have two blu ray drives. One for movies, music, etc, and the other can be the game.

LampDev
August 17th, 2006, 20:43
Yep, another analog stick or at least a D-Pad that can register diagnal movements. Anyone who has tried to make a fireball in Street Fighter knows how painful it is.
As long as it has as many buttons/sticks as the PS1 controller, it would be great for emulation.

Moning2
August 17th, 2006, 20:46
My wishlist:

no more wishlists! :rolleyes:

drew4237
August 17th, 2006, 20:59
My wishlist:

no more wishlists! :rolleyes:
wtf man dont u wish the psp had a keyboard or a hd built in cause the ms are kinda expensive if u need allot of room. but a 40 gb hd would be sweet but it has to be as fast as the ms are now cause if it is like the datel 4gb hdd that would suck]

Chackan
August 17th, 2006, 21:25
and another psp wishlist =P well id like homebrew suport and msn =D

adorable
August 17th, 2006, 22:49
Oh, this one is easy!

1. Integrate louder speakers!!!! Logitech PSP speakers loud, please!

2. DAYLIGHT readable display! Just like the 1200cd/m2 displays on the latest Casio digital cameras, please!
It's SOOOOOO frustrating going outside and seeing absolutely nothing on the PSP screeen -- 200cd/m2 isn't cutting it, and even digital cameras LCD panels are far brighter today!
I'd even beg for heavier and bigger batteries just so they can drop in at least 1,000 cd/m2 screens!

---

That said, any good way of retrofitting more lighting into the PSP? Even an external LED 3W lamp source somehow jacked into the backlighting would help a lot.

QueadlunnRau
August 17th, 2006, 22:54
That said, any good way of retrofitting more lighting into the PSP? Even an external LED 3W lamp source somehow jacked into the backlighting would help a lot.

Your better off gaining the power of God and causing a total eclipse.

LAMPRO
August 17th, 2006, 23:14
1- hd or big installed flash mem
2- better speakers
3- open architect- homebrew for all- this kept psp1 alive no matter wut u think
4- second analog stick
5- lighter and smaller but not that much- sim to ds and dsl
6- more NEW with high replay value GAMES
7- a/v out
8- keyboard
9- live tv and phone capabilites, voip, etc
10- GPS!!!

some of the things posted in this thread are already avail for 1.5ers, and if brew is not capable on psp2- i wont be spending the outragoues $$ that sony will charge anyway-

ps 600 for ps3 is still on my F$%^ off list.

gslop
August 17th, 2006, 23:23
To be able to watch videos on the psp internet browser!

notaforumtroll
August 17th, 2006, 23:41
MY WISH LIST FOR PSP

: FOR MY PSP TO BRING WORLD PEACE
: FOR MY PSP TO DELIVER ME KRISPY KREAM DONUTS
: FOR MY PSP TO PRINT MONEY
: FOR MY PSP TO DELIVER ME INSTANT HOT BABES

REALITY CHECK {START}
come on lets get real guys, have the stuff mentioned in this tread will never happen. be happy with the bones sony tosses you because its as good as its ever gonna get. i highly doubt they are gonna made more features so the homebrew community can rip them apart and benefit from them without a dime going towards sony for aftermarket software/add on's

REALITY CHECK {END}

Malksta
August 18th, 2006, 00:36
PSP Wishlist :
A Keyboard( would be nice :) )
Cheaper Memory Sticks?
Erm.. better games?

That's all i can think of xD

s1k0
August 18th, 2006, 00:39
keyboard
2 usbs
2 analogs
stroger speackers
all types of music files and video files reader (i mean like .wav .mp3 .avi)
BLUETOOTH!!
Messenger
Faster Umds
A NEW DESIGN FOR PSP2

mavsman4457
August 18th, 2006, 00:45
PSP Wishlist :
A Keyboard( would be nice :) )
Cheaper Memory Sticks?
Erm.. better games?

That's all i can think of xD

Memory is only going to get cheaper with the release of blu ray and better technology. Also with the releases of 8gb memory sticks and I have even seen news of a 32gb compact flash card!

Edit: Also, by the time a PSP2 comes out there's no chance that it will have a/v out. It will have hdmi! That's my thinking. New technology is coming at us fast. Brace yoursleves.

dieboybun
August 18th, 2006, 05:49
maybe tv output by connect psp to ps3?

psp411
August 18th, 2006, 06:42
lets keep this short n sweet...
psp 1 :

keyboard

instant messaging service

camcorder camera with still capture support

skype phone service with headset

more video playback compatibility (avi wud b nice)

local radio support( listen to local radio stations)

cheaper location free tv( im poor u kno =P:) :D actually... just make a usb to cable in jack so that you can view cable tv or at leat usb to a/v.)

GPS support

bigger memory read( cmon... its da future... more than 4 gb ppl... its about the 50 n 60 gig thats portable like the ipod...lol too big 4 the psp to actually keep it portable=D... 10 gig wud b nice:cool: )

homebrew support( if u think of it... they wud make $ from it... look @ this circle i made...

i show my friend my homebrew compatible psp-> he goes out and buys his own psp-> he bricks his psp cuz hes a dumb noob-> he goes back for a refund but since sony opened the homebrew world and has hidden software on the nand flash that detects homebrew useage that he is unqualified for a refund-> he misses psp soo much he goes nad buys 2 more... 1 for homebew... the other for regular psp work-> then he shows his friend and the whole cycle starts again.
:eek: wow it cud happen :eek:
back on topic lol...

anti bricking software( just in case the odd bricking occures)

personal password lock( ud b screwd if u forgot the password... not rly.. if u dint put the passowrd in, u cant play game, music or nothin at all... but to remove it, its the same way as u can currently... restore factory settings lol:p )

PSP2:

built in 3 megapixle camera

brighter backlight

extra usb port

10 gig microdrive (built in)

louder speakers

bluetooth capability

touch sensative miniscreen( so u can use a styleus to move the mouse instead of the analog stik screen could have more functions for other things like the gps system and for personal identification... set it up so that it only recognizes ur fingerprint and it will only be used as long as ur logged on ...ect.)

umd can slide into the psp like what wii does with discs.(:mad: i hate the door... my frend broke the door now his psp is just a portable music player)

motion sensor( it sounds cool to add this:D :p :cool: )

mini led flashlight at the top( you could use it as flash or as a flashlight... whateva suits ur needs)

built in led lights near the l and r buttons( real cool look... if u wanna c it, goto llama.com)

wifi wireless controller( so u can either use the psp controler while on the go or the wireless one for multimedia stuff and gor gameplay)

data transfer device via usb(so you can view other files on a pen drive and transfer whateva u want from it... save the time from going to a pc and transering files from the psp to it and then to the device aand vice versa)

get rid of the drive. (charge for downloadable games and you must have a key u can only once to play the game. as for exchanging the game with friends adn stuff, make it burn protected and it can only go on sony certified usb drive.... im gettin lost... w/e get rid of the drive... done... :D )

everything that my requested psp1 has... this wud b cool if it came to pass... it will... eventually tho lol:cool: :rolleyes: it wont happen now tho...-.-

JD/
August 18th, 2006, 19:40
Nice list PSP 411 id also like to see your wishlist come true and dang that psp in your sig looks like its been on pimp my ride lol.

Video_freak
August 18th, 2006, 19:44
Nice list PSP 411 id also like to see your wishlist come true and dang that psp in your sig looks like its been on pimp my ride lol.
Really? Damn I want one...That's my PSP wishlist. :D

Accordion
August 18th, 2006, 21:41
i just want to play Rez on psp with custom tracks...