PDA

View Full Version : Command and Conquer Clone for DS Project News

wraggster
August 17th, 2006, 19:30
Another update from the coder of the C&C Clone for the DS: (http://cncds_project.livejournal.com/)

You can now navigate screens with the GUI and I've got three test screens set up. Each screen is loaded on demand, so there's a tiny pause while it loads up the background. This saves me holding each screen in memory. If the loading time for a screen becomes too big though I may do this but right now it's pretty quick.

I've added stylus support to the SDL port too and it seems to be behaving pretty well. I've got some screen shots and even a little movie to post for this, but I need to copy it over to my work computer.

I've also changed the graphics system again, because I was hitting syncing problems. I've done away with the graphics command buffer, the graphics are now drawn directly to a frame buffer. This frame buffer is being held in system memory. Then on a Vblank it is being copied over to the video memory when the render update is complete. This seems to be working fine, though I may shift where I hold the memory.