PDA

View Full Version : PSPhone

wraggster
August 17th, 2006, 20:48
Lior (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk) has posted about a new hack for the PSP which will turn your PSP into a Cellphone (In time), heres the posted info:

Hello, I have created an PHONECHIP for the psp you cant call yet the program can recive call's and show you the strangth of signal, im still working on how to resize it and get it to a mass prodoction
the pack will contain:

X1 antena
X1 board
head sets with microphone
X2 wires
X1 32 mega memory stick

The antena to conect to the local network. On the board will be a swich to swich betwen CDMA network(without sim card) and the GSM network (with the sim card). The wires are to conect the board and the antena to the PSP.

The 32 mega ms will contain:

The program itself(to call)
backup of the program(just to be safe)
and a list of contacts
Thats about it . all will cost aproxemetly more or lest then 60$. So help me get a good compeny to mass produce and to get it complitly done.
*Sorry for the bed english i'm from israel*

If you think this is fake her's a video about my prograss and to show you the prototype.
It will look beter when ill have more money to finish it.

Download the Video and Give Feedback Via Comments
via lior (http://forums.qj.net/showpost.php?p=826062&postcount=1)

Video_freak
August 17th, 2006, 20:50
This is AWESOME news! I hope this get's somewhere one day. Thank you for the video.

slayer2psp
August 17th, 2006, 21:45
WOW ever one would want one

jimmi
August 17th, 2006, 22:12
OMG DIS ROXORZ !!!!!!!!!@@@!!!!!!!

soz n00b lingo

erm yer dis looks good man , hope it goes far!

Video_freak
August 17th, 2006, 22:19
Wow, nice spelling jimmi. ;)

jimmi
August 17th, 2006, 22:40
oh, i know !

gslop
August 17th, 2006, 23:09
This looks like the next big thing!

Hungry Horace
August 17th, 2006, 23:58
is this gonna let me send text-messages via internet for free?

*then* it becomes a worthwhile program!

interested to see what happens with this one.

mavsman4457
August 18th, 2006, 00:11
The video doesn't mean much to me because I don't really know what those wires are doing. But this does sound like a great program. I do have a couple of questions though. Does this mean that you have to sign up with verizon or something? Will your carrier actually recognize that you're using your PSP? Would a wireless carrier support this given the fact that it's homebrew? Just throwing those out there.

Psyberjock
August 18th, 2006, 01:23
The video doesn't mean much to me because I don't really know what those wires are doing. But this does sound like a great program. I do have a couple of questions though. Does this mean that you have to sign up with verizon or something? Will your carrier actually recognize that you're using your PSP? Would a wireless carrier support this given the fact that it's homebrew? Just throwing those out there.

I think he's trying to move this beyond homebrew and get financial backing from a legitimate distributor, perhaps.

psp411
August 18th, 2006, 06:10
:D yo i want this to rly work... if it does, i dun rly hav 2 owrri bout losin my plone anymore... cuz itttl b my big psp LOL:D ittl b all good for sure. if this is tru... ill buy another psp just for it.

mr_nick666
August 18th, 2006, 09:02
is this gonna let me send text-messages via internet for free?

*then* it becomes a worthwhile program!

interested to see what happens with this one.

Who knows!? ;) Its all about that elusive PSP keyboard in the end! :p

Hungry Horace
August 18th, 2006, 13:38
Who knows!? ;) Its all about that elusive PSP keyboard in the end! :p

i can type text messages without a keyboard! the one that was used on the messenging program (msn etc for psp) was pretty good... forget what it ws called though.

ish420ism
August 19th, 2006, 07:04
If this great product does make it. Somy is probably trying to kill it already:confused: . and if not, they probably buy this guys idea and make it for psp2 or updated firmware. no good for homebrew folk. you get me:mad: still love to have a phone on psp and put my ngage away:D

p.s. add a camara to it becuz Sorny laggin on it:eek:
p.p.s stop droppin bombs on your neighbors. and join us and drop bombs over baghdad jk:D
or am I:eek: