PDA

View Full Version : Working on a Street Fighter Lua game/Need Sprites and Sounds

Apoklepz
August 17th, 2006, 22:56
Hi everyone.

I've finally decided I'm making my own Lua script game for PSP. I won't reveal much at the time being, but I'm plan to use a whoping 40 carachters for the game.

First of all, I need to find out who YOU want to see in the game, then from that list I can see who I'll put. Mention at least your favorite TEN, and no more than that.

Secondly, I'm using Sprites from the Neo Geo Pocket Game SNK Vs. Capcom: Match of the Millenium, which features "chibi" versions of the Street Fighters we've all grown to love over time.
Here's the thing...I'm actually giving all those "two tone" sprites a much needed facelift for the game I'm making, so the sprites I'm looking for demand a lot more detail than the originals, and are basically Fan made. Here is an example of what I'm talking about...TOP-Original game sprites "two tone"
MIDDLE & BOTTOM-Recolored sprites by yours truly.
If anyone can find these recolored ones for me it'll be greatly appreciated and would also let me work a lot faster on the game...cause recoloring evry single sprite is easy, but takes a loooong time.
So far I have recolored the sheets for every single caracter shown here...So please get me others. Thanks.

Thirdly...what's a game without sound? I really need the best Street Fighter sounds available out there...Please help.

That's it! I'll soon be posting more as progress comes along. Thanks:cool: guys!

BTW, the sprites in this pic have been doubled in size and smoothed out.

D0N
August 18th, 2006, 15:57
I got just the sprites you need and about 15-20 characters of them ;)

Gizmo356
August 18th, 2006, 16:06
awesome cant i cant wait! o yeah did i mention yay!:D

Apoklepz
August 18th, 2006, 17:55
Contain yourself Giz...lol

Hey Dawd, how's everything?...Check your PMs buddy.

jak66
August 18th, 2006, 18:01
wow, whats with barrat look-a-like (bottom row, one before last)

anyway, sounds like a good idea, id try it out for sure, but is it even possible with lua?

Apoklepz
August 18th, 2006, 18:07
You mean Barret from FFVII? That's actually a Tanned Zangief...it's one of his many pallettes in the SF series...

Possible with Lua? Sure...I haven't had any problems yet.

jak66
August 18th, 2006, 18:10
i see, still looks an awful lot like barrat (even though this sprite is probably from a game before ff7)

Apoklepz
August 18th, 2006, 18:23
Nope...this actually came out after FFVII, for NEO GEO POCKET...but the colors on the sprite were put on by myself, the regular sprite from the game is the two-tone one on the top.

He does look an awful lot like Barret though. lol.

EDIT

O-OH...all this "Barret Look-alike" talk got him angry....
This is what I call a larger-than-life, angry "Black Russian". LMFAO:p

dtothabreezy
August 19th, 2006, 02:57
if u dont want to completley code a game u can use my moddible 2d fighter i havent worked on it in a week becuz i just started high school:D

s1k0
August 19th, 2006, 03:17
sweeeeeeeeeeeet

Video_freak
August 19th, 2006, 03:19
Looks awesome! :)

Apoklepz
August 19th, 2006, 14:45
if u dont want to completley code a game u can use my moddible 2d fighter i havent worked on it in a week becuz i just started high school:D

Thanks D, I appreciate the very kind gesture of support...and I was probably gonna talk to you into adding my carachters for a future mod of your game...but see, I;m going for a different approach on this one...PM me if you wanna know you-know-what.:D

EDIT TIME...YAY!:D

OK...nobody's posted the ten carachters they'd like to see in the game....Like the Jay-Z song sez...What the hell are you waiting for?

Remember, post carachters that aren't already on the first page pic...In other words, don't post:

-RYU
-KEN
-AKUMA
-Chun Li
-Master Bison
-Zangief
-Guile

D0N
August 19th, 2006, 16:41
I'm sending you the sprites now ;)

(YAY! 600 Posts! :D)

Apoklepz
August 19th, 2006, 17:18
Thanks Dawd...600? you too? Congrats my friend, I too reached the mark a little while ago!

Hey, don't forget to post the 10 who you'd like to see in my game.

Bear_XI
August 19th, 2006, 17:41
These are my 10 Favorite

-Sakura
-Morrigan
-Dan
-Yuri
-Terri
-Kyo
-Iori
-Mai
-Leona
-Haohmaru

---Edit
Apoklepz did Dawd sent you the color sprite if ya that mean i can stop Sakura but i still want to help so can i code 2 if you want ?

Apoklepz
August 19th, 2006, 17:50
I'm gonna check out what he sent me right now...I'll PM you soon enough.

EDIT

Nope, no cigar yet...

eazy-e
August 21st, 2006, 03:12
coool

D0N
August 21st, 2006, 09:48
I'm gonna check out what he sent me right now...I'll PM you soon enough.

EDIT

Nope, no cigar yet...

I'm sending them again ;)

EDIT:

I've sent them again.

scottyboynow
August 21st, 2006, 10:23
I was wondering if one of these street fighters were already out i was also browsing for one about 2 weeks ago but cant wait till its finished

Apoklepz
August 21st, 2006, 17:36
OK, Dawd...I just got them, and I thank you very much for taking your time to send them....but sadly enough, even as cool as they might be...those aren't the type of sprites I was looking for. I'm adding them to my colletion anyways, thanks!

I'll probably use a lot of the effects though...

Accordion
August 21st, 2006, 18:17
the award for most selfless forum member goes to…Apoklepz.
for making a game he wont be able to play himself.

ps:
read my sig…

Apoklepz
August 21st, 2006, 19:28
lol...Wow!...What can I say? *clears throat* I'd like to thank the homebrew academy...

At least when it comes to Lua, I can test and play it on my PC...though it realy sucks for the PSP CastleVania game I was making in C+...even though I might still continue working on it for a PC version.

yaustar
August 21st, 2006, 19:38
For the C++ version, just do it in SDL and the port to PSP will be extremely easy.

Apoklepz
August 21st, 2006, 20:45
Thanks Yaustar...I'll look into that.

ENG
August 23rd, 2006, 13:39
Why don't you have characters from lots of games, e.g Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Marvel ?

Apoklepz
August 23rd, 2006, 16:33
Boy...you sure got ahead of what I was gonna post next!

Yes, when this game is done, I would very much like it to have these features;

-Character/Stage/Music paks (customization and modding will be explained in time)
-Wifi adhoc Four player bashing (will probably be the hardest part to implement...but here's to hoping)
-In game Character Color pallette customization save/load.

Any other ideas would be great. Now I'll leave you guys with a pretty simple teaser image I made some moments ago...It's pretty simple really, no bars or anything else, just a basic visual of what the game will look like.

**THIS IS NOT A IN GAME PICTURE...JUST A TEASER**

Accordion
August 23rd, 2006, 16:43
yay yay yay!!

[again, pay attention to the first line of my signature…]

(yes. last night went very well indeed…though i had to chuck her out at 6:00am when i went to work…Ha!)

Apoklepz
August 23rd, 2006, 16:52
Yeah, I'd probably make you the first one, Accordian...You can count on it. Good to hear somebody's getting some.lol:cool:

Zion
August 23rd, 2006, 17:08
Good luck with it

Apoklepz
August 23rd, 2006, 17:13
Thanks Zion...I'm very much looking forward to this challenge.

BTW, any recent progress about what you had in mind?

Zion
August 23rd, 2006, 17:26
Im going to try that soon man :D

Been really busy lately

Apoklepz
August 23rd, 2006, 17:29
I know you have. Just asking. Remember, take your time, you things come first...I'm a very patient guy, and It's cool emough you're willing to help out.

Zion
August 24th, 2006, 16:24
Il get straight on it after i release the new version of linkens quest :D

Apoklepz
August 24th, 2006, 16:39
Looking forward to both things, sir!

Okay! Here's a final list of carachters that are sure going to be on the game:

Street Fighter Pak:

- Ryu
- Ken
- Chun Li
- Akuma
- M. Bison
- Sakura
- Zangief
- Guile

Capcom/Marvel series:

- Megaman
- Strider Hiryu
- Arthur
- FireBrand
- Morrigan
- B.B.Hood
- Spidey
- Dante
- Jill Valentine
- Wolverine

Video Game Miscellaneous:

- Mario
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Samus Aran
- Snake Pliskin (Solid Snake)
- Crash Bandicoot
- Link
- Master Chief
- Cloud Stryfe

Mortal Kombat series:

- Scorpion
- Raiden
- Sub Zero
- Kabal

**More wiil be added with time to each pak**
**Keep in mind that the final game will enable modding, so the possibilities are endless**

Gizmo356
August 24th, 2006, 20:46
yay!

ganon
August 25th, 2006, 20:23
Very Interesting