PDA

View Full Version : Genesis Collection detailed

wraggster
August 18th, 2006, 01:37
News via Gamestop (http://us.gamespot.com/news/6155981.html)

Last week, Sega announced that it was bringing a retro compilation of Genesis games to the PlayStation 2 and PlayStation Portable later this year. The publisher confirmed that Golden Axe, Sonic the Hedgehog, Shinobi III, Altered Beast, and a Phantasy Star game would be among the included titles.

After a week of speculation, Sega has provided gamers with a full list of 28 Genesis titles that will be included in the collection. The rest of the originally promised "more than 30" games should be accounted for by unlockable arcade games.

It turns out each of the previously confirmed franchises (except Altered Beast) will be represented by multiple games, with Phantasy Star and Golden Axe each seeing installments included in the compilation. Joining that list of Sega luminaries will be a number of lesser-known (but still fondly remembered) games like Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle, Ecco the Dolphin, Kid Chamelon, and Vectorman.

The full list of Genesis titles included in the collection follows:

Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
Altered Beast
Bonanza Bros.
Columns
Comix Zone
Decap Attack starring Chuck D. Head
Ecco the Dolphin
Ecco II: The Tides of Time
Ecco Jr.
Kid Chameleon
Flicky
Gain Ground
Golden Axe
Golden Axe II
Golden Axe III
Phantasy Star II
Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom
Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millenium
Ristar
Shadow Dancer: The Secret of Shinobi
Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Super Thunder Blade
Sword of Vermilion
Vectorman
Vectorman 2
Virtua Fighter 2

Nookadum
August 18th, 2006, 02:16
Whoa. Virtua Fighter 2 and Phantasy Start IV... I'm definitely buying this. Screw the emulators. :D

Just kidding, but I'm still buying it. ;) It's a damn good collection.. now if it only had Gunstar Heroes...

slayer2psp
August 18th, 2006, 07:51
Comix Zone is a great game and it doesnt work well with any emu so it will be nice to have on the go on the psp

The_Ultimate_Eggman
August 18th, 2006, 08:25
wouuld be a good buy if we ddint have the emulators plus WE ALL OWN them anyway if were playing the roms dont we :) ;).

JKKDARK
August 18th, 2006, 15:00
it will be with the same Genesis/Megadrive graphics or a little better?

ape_gary
August 18th, 2006, 15:21
Dang! Phantasystar II, III & IV. I might just buy this. Yah, it's too bad this doesn't include Gunstar Heros.

Unlimitedv2
August 18th, 2006, 17:00
I really hope this game is hacked. We need a better Sega emulator, Dgen is a bit too glitchy and it's been a while since a new version..

Video_freak
August 18th, 2006, 17:30
I think DGen is awesome.
And this is a very nice collection, but I rather not pay for the games I already own anyways. And emulators run off your memory stick, consuming less battery.

jimmi
August 18th, 2006, 18:30
mmm... golden axe is quite fun... but giving money isnt.. money or fun ARG tough choice, il stick with the emus... for now

The_Ultimate_Eggman
August 18th, 2006, 18:34
I really hope this game is hacked. We need a better Sega emulator, Dgen is a bit too glitchy and it's been a while since a new version..
dude dont know what your running mines fine the odd rom doesnt work fiddle with video setting most gsames are pretty much spot on :);)

mr_nick666
August 18th, 2006, 19:37
If theyre selling the lot in a bundle for £30 I'll be first in the queue! :p

Unlimitedv2
August 18th, 2006, 23:45
dude dont know what your running mines fine the odd rom doesnt work fiddle with video setting most gsames are pretty much spot on :);)

Light Crusader for starters, this game has a ton of sprite problems making the game unplayable.