PDA

View Full Version : may interest performance pc users

Dull Blade
August 18th, 2006, 02:10
every one is taking about the new windows vista. Now heres some good news that may interest you. microsoft is giving away free copies of vista beta 4 testing, to iorn out all the bugs (or most of them) by the release date. check it at microsoft.com if u dont beleive me, there's already an update. how every we are a bit late, usa and canada microsoft have finished, but india microsoft hasn't. ill put up a link to a quiz, and if u get all correct, they'll send u a vista cd in the post. This is not spam (ive done 80 odd post and why would i start spamming now), i just want to help some people out.

http://www.microsoft.com/india/offers/vista/quiz.aspx

take it or leave it.

note *1gig of ram is recommeded*

Crimson_Lotus
August 18th, 2006, 06:18
Yeah, it's a very buggy OS in its beta form. Nothing really runs well or at all on it as far as i'm concerned. I think it's better to just wait and buy the real thing.

quzar
August 18th, 2006, 13:04
The real thing is gonna suck anyways. It's gonna be a slower, more resource hogging XP, with little to no performance or functional improvements, but a lot of eye candy.

I have a feeling I'm gonna be like all those people who stayed with Win98SE when XP came out.

Malksta
August 18th, 2006, 13:24
I tryed this ages ago..
Not much works with it but Voice Recognition was fun xD

Accordion
August 18th, 2006, 15:45
ive been using the original version of this OS for ages,
its virtually bug free, always works great, looks incredible, is remarkably fast,and was cheap....

its called MAC OS X

Dull Blade
August 18th, 2006, 17:09
I didn't know it was out for so long. I'm just trying it my self. about the Macs, one day when i have enough money I'll buy a mac book to make use of their superior OS (also when mac os x Leoprd is standard with each mac book).

SSaxdude
August 18th, 2006, 19:43
ive been using the original version of this OS for ages,
its virtually bug free, always works great, looks incredible, is remarkably fast,and was cheap....

its called MAC OS X

Yeah but you can't do much with a Mac. Even Mac owners I know hate Macs.

Video_freak
August 18th, 2006, 20:05
Thanks for informing us Dull Blade. ;)
I'm getting mine in the mail soon.

Accordion
August 18th, 2006, 21:17
Yeah but you can't do much with a Mac. Even Mac owners I know hate Macs.

...your right macs dont do anything, you just buy one and forget it. it cant do anything at all..

ive got four just so i can look at them and be conforted by their non-existence
??????????????????????
??????????????????????

Crimson_Lotus
August 19th, 2006, 08:07
Yeah, now they are making a big deal about "Now my Mac can run Windows" so mac=better than you... And the fact is, Mac users want to run Windows but practically no Windows users will ever want to run Mac. So in essense Mac users are paying double to get what we have already.
Plus, more hard-drive space....

iLife is not good enough to let Mac OS be concidered "better" than Windows. Although Macs may be "pretty" they offer nothing more than the conventional PC.

Macs in almost every shape are overpriced also. Even a lousy powerbook with enough power to run Word runs you 500-1000 bucks

Accordion
August 19th, 2006, 17:44
you do know i was being sarcastic… right???

FrierTuck
August 24th, 2006, 07:23
i saw the thread title and thought "Well my PCs ok at playing piano, but i wouldnt call it performance grade or anything" lol, i crack myself up