PDA

View Full Version : Demo released: brightness_test

wraggster
August 18th, 2006, 02:17
News from Licklick:

This demo includes:

Backlights on/off.
Lite brightness controlling. (Phatty will use 1.)
Read battery status.
LED control.
PersonalData reading.
Notes:

Not tested on the Phatty, yet.
PersonalData is UTF-16, well, it means that display of non-ASCII characters is incorrect.

More info --> http://licklick.wordpress.com/2006/08/17/demo-released-brightness_test/

kcajblue
August 18th, 2006, 05:12
what exactly is this?:confused:

THUD
August 18th, 2006, 07:30
HE HE would be great if it remembered the settings for next time save having to pull out the SC...

Nice little app though, allows you to change brightness, blink on/off of your DS led and even the speed...

ACID
August 18th, 2006, 07:32
Sounds nice but dont see the just of it.

THUD
August 18th, 2006, 08:28
Nope neither do i, but hey it works....

souLLy
August 18th, 2006, 08:51
demos like this are just proofs of concepts, so just a demo to show it can be done, and can be incorporated into other bigger projects possibly later on.

as in- imagine a game where, when it turned to a night scene the screen brightness dropped, or a game where the flashing of the led would tell you an enemy is near.

Lick
August 18th, 2006, 23:55
Hi everyone!

I wrote this demo as a proof-of-concept and as a 'guide' (targetted to other DS homebrewers, that is) to program features that are beyond standard graphics. (Many aspects to DS homebrewing aren't well documented, yet.)
As the demo comes with the source code, I believe it can help many creating professional looking games/apps. Especially apps where brightness control is useful.

Next to the backlight-brightness, there is actually a video-brightness. This controls the screenpixels output value. Like in PhotoShop, you can make the pixels very bright (all near 100% white) and very dark (all near 100% black) and inbetween. This is comparable to the old Big GameBoy's contrast-wheel. Useful for fading in and out, and others.. ;)

- Lick

jojotjuh
August 19th, 2006, 16:40
hey lick!

I have a original v5 phatty with flashme 7 but it says you have a lite and i can change the lites and stuff just like a lite!!!

does it mean i have a special ds?

my ds works normal just like before!

oh and on phat ds of my bro wich is v2 with flashe 7 and says you have a fatty and when i do the sunny it goes like with the blacklights of so thats normal.

also when the blacklights are off on fatty v2 it says charging while it isnt...

cool app by the way!!! thanks for making it!

btw i was using test app 2

and flashme 7 does it to, say that i have a lite.