PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Confirmed ?

wraggster
August 18th, 2006, 02:43
The new PSM issue has a 2 page feature on the PSP2 and it says the PSP2 is to be released in March 2007.

Theres a ton more to read in the scans that someone has posted on the net.

More Via Comments

wraggster
August 18th, 2006, 02:44
Heres the scan links

http://img97.imageshack.us/my.php?image=untitled1la5 .jpg

http://img97.imageshack.us/my.php?image=untitled2fc2 .jpg

The scans werent done by DCEmu just to make that clear.

Video_freak
August 18th, 2006, 02:47
Aw man, I hope it isn't hackable so that the PSP1 lives on!

August 18th, 2006, 02:54
Why If this one was hackeble It would be sweet.

bm4n
August 18th, 2006, 02:54
that is one of the most ridiculous things i have ever heard. We've proven that as long as people have psps people will release homebrew software...it would be an amazing step to have a HUGE hardware boost and be able to have new homebrew (look how far we got with the psp!), a hackable psp2 is the best thing we can hope for, also because all of the latest features of the psp (rss, web, video, psx emu, etc.) will obviously be stock features on teh psp2. we would have the bost of liek 8 worlds. phat chance but we can hope =)

Basil Zero
August 18th, 2006, 03:00
Is this a joke or what?

The links lead to a pic of a MP3 player of something and it saids add 15 ring tones..lol

also, this PSP2, is nothing but a remake of PSP, similar to:

DS-----DS LITE
PS1----PSX
PS2----Slim Thin PS2

Similar to that, it just a way to make the PSP thinner and less in terms of weight. (and to increase battery power), i'm not surprised why PSM still perfers to call it the "PSP2", than again, i do, since i've read some of their mags, and have to say, their quite noobish when it comes to advertising games and other etc.

Of course it will be hackable, since it will be the same type of PSP, with similar features, just with some additional features, bet it will include camera built in, better wifi, and other features. Of course by than 3.00 or something higher may come by. Also this could mean, a whole new firmware could debut as well.

nyrtrublue
August 18th, 2006, 03:06
this is total bullshit but i really hope it comes with a useless unhackable firmware

Video_freak
August 18th, 2006, 03:09
Ok. Nervemind, I want it to be hackable. I forgot about the power boost. :D

Xiro
August 18th, 2006, 03:12
the mag said that it would be the same as PSP1 with a built in 8 gig mem card and other cosmetic changes. The second pic said it probably won't have a second analog

danknugz
August 18th, 2006, 03:27
linky no worky. some lame add.

mavsman4457
August 18th, 2006, 03:31
I clicked on it and it just went to the image shack homepage.

nhlhockey
August 18th, 2006, 03:36
People were talking about the PSP2 being released along time ago when the PSP wasn't even out for a year. Sure there will be a PSP2 sometime but that will be in a while. Man you guys are gullible. From the talk here most of you guys won't be getting it anyways the way you bash Sony all the time.

gslop
August 18th, 2006, 03:41

Yea same here

Shilo
August 18th, 2006, 03:58

Did the same for me, but look at the link there is a space before ".jpg". Copy and paste the link into your browser and delete the space, and it will take you to the right pictures.

antoine
August 18th, 2006, 04:24
think its not really a good things for show of some new games on psp 1:confused: :(

Basil Zero
August 18th, 2006, 04:26
well, i knew this was an attempt from sony to help them succeed over DS lite, but dont you think it'll be too late by mar. 2007?

ACID
August 18th, 2006, 04:27
If its just the one with the 8gb internal flash its the same psp but with the extra memory. If its something new let the coding and hacking biggin

sroon
August 18th, 2006, 04:32
I hope it has faster cpu! but if it has a memory card slot, then it is hackable!

Video_freak
August 18th, 2006, 04:34
Or an SD card slot.
Nah, who am I kidding, it's $ony after all... :(

s1k0
August 18th, 2006, 04:36
oh sweet hopefully hackable!!!!
EDIT
links dont work

Trefalgar
August 18th, 2006, 04:36
I really don't see why they need to make an updated version of the PSP. I think that if they just dropped the price from 200 to 150 for the holiday season that that alone would be enough to put serious pressure on Nintendo's DS Lite. On another note even if it does have a built in camera I have heard and read articles about an upcoming camera add-on to the orignal PSP thats coming out sometime this fall/winter.

the one and only
August 18th, 2006, 04:43
the links do work, just delete the space http://img97.imageshack.us/my.php?image=untitled2fc2 .jpg
to make it
http://img97.imageshack.us/my.php?image=untitled2fc2.jpg
:eek: amazing isnt it ;)

i feel slightly cheated, i spent a helluva lot of money on a psp when less than a year later sony release one with more memory, im gonna stick with my current one as im too poor for this redesign.

!%#%& sony instead of making the current one better, they focus on a different version of the same product, :( i bet that there will be no more psp1 stuff arfter a while

@@#Q%%@ u sony

phew rant over

Video_freak
August 18th, 2006, 04:44
I know how you feel the one & only...

punkypine
August 18th, 2006, 04:58
i think that's really gay, i just spent all that money on a psp and just 2 years later, it's outdated. the same way i would be pretty pissed if i bought a ds instead of a ds lite.

i mean, if they add anything besides the memory and cosmetic stuff, then i'll be really angry, especially if you cant play the new games on the old system (like something with an extra analog stick). i mean, sure, something like that would be nice, but i dont wanna be screwed over either.

bottom line, if i cant play all games on my old psp, i;ll be pretty angry.

maybe i should just sell my psp and get a wii or something and get the new one when it comes out.

djakku
August 18th, 2006, 05:17
Hmmm, i'm kinda sceptical about this one, I mean I'm one people that thinks without homebrew, the psp is NOTHING. So this one better have somethingS refreshing besinde a new design, a better battery life or whatever...
Even if it's not hackable, it will be if it's a worthy machine imho

mcvader
August 18th, 2006, 05:20
I agree they should bring prices down for the PSP before launching another one, It seems way too early in the PSP's lifespan to bother with petty little changes. sure the DS lite is nice, but only because the original one was so damn ugly, I like my PSP the way it is.

kcc86
August 18th, 2006, 05:26
after 700 bucks spent on my psp, i hope this is only cosmetic changes. like what the other guy said, it ll be smarter if sony dropped the psp to 150 so it'll put the pressure on the ds.

mcvader
August 18th, 2006, 05:50
Why don't they Just bundle the original PSP with a bigger memcard, 2gb or 4gb, it's gotta be cheaper for sony to do that than spend all that money on r&d for a couple of little improvments that aren't even going to attract any more consumers and would just piss off all of us who have spent so much already (damn sony are acting dumb, if this is even for real anyway)

psp411
August 18th, 2006, 05:54
just to clear things up ppl ppl... its not psp2, just a more enhanced version of psp. its like the slim ps2 and the ps2 regular... same console... but one is more compact. ive read the article (well whatever i could understand out of the bad jpeg) and its just psp that gonna have a built in camera and a supposed built in 8 gig microdrive to eliminate the need for memstiks or other removeable storage media. its nothing to serious though but when it comes out, i would like to buy one... still sux how u juss bought my psp a yr ago for 30 n now another "better" version of psp is out... kinda ghey if u ask me.

AtariFreek
August 18th, 2006, 05:57
$500, Get Ready To Be Spent Lol. Not To Mention NEW CHANGEABL HARDRIVES!!! $800 Each Lol.

Video_freak
August 18th, 2006, 05:58
LMAO AtariFreek >.<

psp411
August 18th, 2006, 06:06
hahahahaha jokes.... seriously tho... sony ppl r jerks. when will they listen to the ppl?:( :confused: ... stupid sony fools:mad: again ppl its not psp2... its psp1 enhanced... like nintendo ds and dslite, Playstation and PS1, ps2 and ps2 slim... u get the point lol:D :cool:

ACID
August 18th, 2006, 06:08
psp411 i guess you hate the peeps at sony. LOL But yes this is just the same psp from what i have read in the web but with an optional 4gb flash or 8gb flash.

b8a
August 18th, 2006, 06:18
Dear Sony:

If this is true,

FOR GOODNESS SAKES, GIVE US MD PLAYBACK SUPPORT THIS TIME!!!!!

(or at least explain why you're not going to... even a half-arsed explanation would be better than nothing)

Mr. Shizzy
August 18th, 2006, 06:18
I'm just gonna enjoy all the fruits of my (hacking) labors on my PSP1. I'm going to sit back and see what Microsoft's rumored upcoming handheld has to offer. I read in a gamers mag that one of Bill Gates ppl showed him a hacked PSP and Bill was just blown away. Rumor has it that Microsoft's handheld will actually support homebrew. Who knows if anything will actually ever come of it; but I sure as hell ain't dishing out more $$$ for a redesigned PSP. It's bad enough what $ONY is about to rape me for a PS3.

AtariFreek
August 18th, 2006, 06:42
Lol Key Word OPTIONAL. For A Hard Drive They'll Probably Charge An Extra 100 Bucks. Lol Good One Mr. Shizzy, I Always Wondered Why Those Guys From Sony Came To My House With Condoms And Cher Tapes.

aYu][Takeshi
August 18th, 2006, 07:24
The link don't work, also without the space...

I would describe this like "PS2" and "PSX", if there's only a build in MS and camera...
If it's realy a PSP2, Sony only will sell less PSPs...
If new games won't work on the old PSP, nobody will need the old PSP und nobody will need the new PSP, if it is not hackable.

samthegreat68
August 18th, 2006, 07:29
I'm just gonna enjoy all the fruits of my (hacking) labors on my PSP1. I'm going to sit back and see what Microsoft's rumored upcoming handheld has to offer. I read in a gamers mag that one of Bill Gates ppl showed him a hacked PSP and Bill was just blown away. Rumor has it that Microsoft's handheld will actually support homebrew. Who knows if anything will actually ever come of it; but I sure as hell ain't dishing out more $$$ for a redesigned PSP. It's bad enough what $ONY is about to rape me for a PS3.
bill gates is the man! i hate Xbox, but that would make me a beleiver..

NoQuarter
August 18th, 2006, 08:23
what we really need is for somebody to make/hack a HDD we insert in umd slot.I'm kinda skeptical about this new psp.

the_red_rose
August 18th, 2006, 08:26
maaan that's a fake! can't believe that! Sony can't do anthing anymore!! he already got problems with his "famous" PS3!!!

m0dm0use
August 18th, 2006, 08:34
its the same as the current psp just the acceries that we get seperate are built into the device and a litle hardware speed increase and thats it

mr_nick666
August 18th, 2006, 08:53
its the same as the current psp just the acceries that we get seperate are built into the device and a litle hardware speed increase and thats it

Sounds good :) Unless I can play my homebrew on it though I dont want it! :mad:

Junior
August 18th, 2006, 08:55
For crying out loud, how hard can it be to put an image up somewhere for download? I mean, NOT on myspace or crap like that, but on a homepage or something?

s1k0
August 18th, 2006, 09:09
nope pictures arn't working....

Stew2000
August 18th, 2006, 09:12
I don't need pictures. all I wan't to say is, why don't they hold it back till 2010?. the psp hasn't even been out a full year here in the UK.

Dee-Lite
August 18th, 2006, 10:51
The link dont work mate, sort it!!
Why do they need to call it psp2 when its the same generation of handheld gaming??
The DS Lite is a slimmed down sexier version that we all knew we would get at sum point, but remains largely the same as before as little needed to be changed thus keeping price low, Lol I wonder how much this "psp2" is guna cost with it's 8jig of mem a ha ha haa that will be entertainment!!

the one and only
August 18th, 2006, 12:10
im sorrry dee-lite but please try to read posts made before yours, all you have to do is copy and paste the url into ur adress bar, and put .jpg at the end it has been pointed out alot and has been explained alot.

thanks

http://img97.imageshack.us/my.php?image=untitled1la5.jpg

http://img97.imageshack.us/my.php?image=untitled2fc2.jpg

:eek: they work!! all you have to do is delete a space ;)

Dee-Lite
August 18th, 2006, 12:36
nah dont work mate. its ok though I looked elsewhere thanks. N i'm a newb btw so if it's been "explained a lot" I hav obviously not seen it. If it's somwhere in this post, then no I haven't read all posts in this thread as it's about as interestin as a stale slice o bread! lol
no hard feelins matey:D

goa
August 18th, 2006, 13:21
Those links definitly dont work...infact the whole site seems to be down. Dee-lite can you put your link up? Thanks.

Dee-Lite
August 18th, 2006, 13:48
sure here's the link:D
http://www.akihabaranews.com/en/news_9615.html

Dee-Lite
August 18th, 2006, 13:52
Seriously though, there are no official pictures. All the psp2's previews i've seen just show a picture of what looks to be an identical psp

Mr. Shizzy
August 18th, 2006, 14:29
im sorrry dee-lite but please try to read posts made before yours, all you have to do is copy and paste the url into ur adress bar, and put .jpg at the end

Or instead of just having a link on the forum, you can always use www.tinypic.com It's a free img upload service. You can load a URL in it, or you can upload pics off your PC. Best of all it's free & you don't even have to register!:)

http://i8.tinypic.com/24xf1ow.jpg

http://i7.tinypic.com/24xf1wz.jpg

:D

bah
August 18th, 2006, 14:57
Cheers for posting the images Mr. Shizzy.

6 Pages of posts and not one mention of the one thing the psp really needs: a screen with a somewhat decent response time.

I love the thing, but the blur is a MAJOR issue to me, it seems others dont feel the same. *shrug*

Cross
August 18th, 2006, 16:02
Personally I don't think the PSP has been out long enough for a complete revamp and I only expect a refresh.

(Like everyone is says PSX-PS1 PS2-SlimPS2)

The faster refresh sounds nice but I can not read the pics above completely. I did not see any video or cpu changes. (Granted as far as I have read still none of the games run at 333 on there own, we have to use DevHook to make them and when they do the loading is very easy to deal with).

It may be to soon but hell when your sony you do what you want, always have always will.

As for the poster talking about bashing Sony, go read:
"The Japan that could not say NO"

Microsoft is a child throwing a fit in the super market compared to Sony.

Unlimitedv2
August 18th, 2006, 16:58
Screw That Shit.

Trefalgar
August 18th, 2006, 17:21
I've read a couple of posts where people questioned whether the games made after the re-release of the PSP will be compatible with the current version. I can assure you that they will. If Sony were to completely turn its back on their previous PSP owners it hurt them tremendously money-wise.

jimmi
August 18th, 2006, 17:36
ow wot , we havnt really had our psps for THAT long! omfg sony wot iz j00 Pr0b3m !!!@@@!!!???

sorry guys n00b lingo , didnt mean it , honest

Video_freak
August 18th, 2006, 17:45
I would just buy a 4GB/8GB memory stick and then it becomes the same as that "new" PSP.

psp411
August 18th, 2006, 18:28
truly... sony should consider this concept i have

if they do release this enhanced psp, they should allow homebrew. if they did this is how the cycle would start

i show my friend my homebrew compatible psp-> he goes out and buys his own psp-> he bricks his psp cuz hes a dumb noob-> he goes back for a refund but since sony opened the homebrew world and has hidden software on the nand flash that detects homebrew useage that he is unqualified for a refund-> he misses psp soo much he goes nad buys 2 more... 1 for homebew... the other for regular psp work-> then he shows his friend and the whole cycle starts again.:D

if sony really did that, trust me, pppl would end up owning 2 psp's because of the posibillity of bricking one but using the other one for legit stuff... in the end, wouldnt sony make more money??:confused: YES THEY WOULD N U ALL KNO ITS TRU!!! but will they consider this concept...:confused: NO CUZ SONY IS A STUCK UP A$$HOLE COMPANY:mad: !!!! Im soo glad microsoft is going the psp concept way instead of the ipod concept way. :) sonce microsoft actually LISTENS to the CUSTOMER,:) and goes by this policy: the CUSTOMER is ALWAYS RIGHT, :) they will make money off the homebrew industry just by supporting it. I hate xbox cuz its just a useless compettitor in teh gaming industry thats only in 4 the money( as all the other ones r but i juss dun like xbox) but if this portable handheld of microsoft's comes out, i will be a full blown supporter:D . :mad: SONY... LISTEN TO THE CUSTOMER!!! OR I WILL PLOT AGAINST U :mad: :cool: !!!
lol... ill juss boycott their games... use homebrew from now on haha:p

shenske37
August 18th, 2006, 18:45
for me its quite simple.

i actually like it when console developers make redesigns, but if the new psp doesn't protect the screen with a flip design than i will not get it.

there is more optimizations i would like (but most have been listed).

we'll see

pkmusicmaker
August 18th, 2006, 19:36
As cool as PSP is, I wouldn't spend a dime on PSP2. They piss me off cause they love to upgrade hardware, meanwhile the games have mostly sucked. My PSP is a portable emulator, and that's about it.

s1k0
August 18th, 2006, 20:21
thanks now they work!

calebg
August 19th, 2006, 03:05
i know people want a homebrew compatable psp but if your want buisness then they cant make it people complain that they paid 250 for it but sony only gets like 25 dollars for it because they have to pay the store for the supplies and macines . if sony sales there games as cheap as ds games at the first relase they will also lose money because it costs more to get out a ds game. if they did make a hombrew compatable psp everybody would use isos and buy cheap/fake memory sticks that sony wont get paid for. im not saying im against homebrew cause i use it but everybody keeps saying sony doesnt think of the costemers but if you were sony you would want to pay your employees not make them quit and work for microsoft and eventually go out of buisness

ps. i also know that the homebrew community is only 15% of the psp population but it is still growing

Voorhees
August 21st, 2006, 00:30
everything gets hackable ;D its a matter of time ;D

Video_freak
August 21st, 2006, 00:52
PSP2 WILL be hackable, some way or another. :)

near
August 21st, 2006, 01:11
Yeah there is always a way in

AvengedSevenfold Fan
August 21st, 2006, 02:04
its not gonna, the first firmware thats gonna come out is probably gonna be worse than 2.80 hacking wise. and sony will be on there toes to cover up exploits. this is random, but this is true, the other night, i had a nightmare that dark_alex and fanjita started working for sony and sent out some signal thing that upgraded all psps to 2.8. OMG... SCARY

Cross
August 21st, 2006, 02:14
psp411... no way would that make sony more money.

Of the ppl on this site, in the world how many have two psp's? Esp when a system will be released to embrace homebrew, (Which they already are).

Frankly go read the book the Japan that could not say no if you want to even think you have an idea what sony is really like.

Not being mean to you at all just your idea is way left field and there is no way that marketing idea would ever pull through, it would just cause the product to go even further under.

Sony is hurting itself more then its helping itself but sony is in it for the money and not the customer, you are there last concern. We all are.

I have hated sony for years because of the way they work, the cheap builds for products and the crappy support and choices they make FOR us before items even make it to the US.

How so many can follow Sony as if they were wonderful when they honestly feel that the US is second class to them. *shrug* that is why I will always support the box. I hate microsoft but hell atleast its standing up for the rest of the world. (Be it in odd ways)

Shadowblind
August 21st, 2006, 02:28
Hope PSP2 has better commercial games then PSP...

Harshboy
August 21st, 2006, 03:43
sure here's the link:D
http://www.akihabaranews.com/en/news_9615.html

pfft.......i made a GCp (Gamecube Portable) which beats any old PSP2 or PSP revision anytime and anywhere (Even in the outdoors in this case) Want a pic? Here ya go:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b64/Harshboy/gcp.jpg

More about that on my site;)

Dee-Lite
August 21st, 2006, 11:10
IT'S CONFIRMED- THERE IS NO PSP2
http://uk . gamespot.com / news/ 6156046.html
no spaces

discuss...

mccloud
August 22nd, 2006, 17:52
psp2 sounds very interesting

Video_freak
August 22nd, 2006, 17:57
psp2 sounds very interesting
Sony confirmed that they wouldn't remodel the PSP. We may need to wait a while before a PSP2...

stotheamuel
August 23rd, 2006, 05:28
I have hated sony for years because of the way they work, the cheap bulds for products and the crappy suport and choices they make FOR us before items even make it to the US.

How so many can follow Sony as if they were wonderful when they honestly feel that the US is second class to them. *shrug* that is why I will always support the box. I hate microsoft but hell atleast its standing up for the rest of the world. (Be it in odd ways)

hmm you hate sony because they put japan first and US in a near close second

love microsoft because they put US first and Japan.... not at all?

Video_freak
August 23rd, 2006, 06:15
The reason Sony put Japan first and Microsoft put the US first is because they sell more in their native countries. They want to please. ;)

donne
August 24th, 2006, 08:02
I guess that's not only Sony.

Sega and Nintendo did the same. In fact, as I remember, N64 which essentially a US product was released first in Japan.

But there's a drawback, thought.. Mostly the Japanese pay US$50-100 more than US.

Gizmo356
August 24th, 2006, 08:04
noo! lol i cant wait

Cross
August 27th, 2006, 07:24
The reason Sony put Japan first and Microsoft put the US first is because they sell more in their native countries. They want to please. ;)

But what your both missing is that Japan does not see us a second seller they see us as Below there level of intelligence in every way. Go to Japan you will see what I mean.

Japan/Sony has no problem telling Sony US that American Gamers will not like Final Fantasy and Game Remakes and they stop the release here. Hell Europe has gotten games we have been denied.

I frankly do not want Sony or anyone tell me what games I will not want because they have generalized what most Americans, etc want.

So as for a US Near Close Second.... yeah right. If you knew of half the products Sony releases that we have no idea about you would understand what I mean about Withholding. Were just the redheaded step child.

As for it being Fake *shrug* as I said from the start I did not think it would happen. But either way I am in no rush to buy a system that still has not even been able to beat the DS when it should have such a strong backing when you look at everything on the PS2. The games are just... lacking completely.