PDA

View Full Version : Saving in Emulators

tzp2gameknight
August 18th, 2006, 08:37
What is the way most people save in their emulators? I use save states but is there any way to save it and make it think there is a save game on the 'cartridge', aka not a save state? I was just curious how all of you saved your games in Emulators, specifically Snes9xTYL. Because I have been having problems with sound on that emulator when I try and load a save state.

I think I may have to many roms or not enough room on the memory stick? I don't really know what the problem is. I load the ROM and it has sound and then I load the save state and there is no sound, I checked the settings and it is set to emulate and output. Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

Kramer
August 18th, 2006, 08:47
Well most snes games on that emulator you can save like you would normally on a snes.

tzp2gameknight
August 18th, 2006, 13:36
Wow that's pretty cool. I just assumed you needed to make a save state. Saving like it is just a normal game is an incredible feature and it fixes the sound problem. The only issue is with games that just use a password system, aka Mega Man X-X3. Then you need the save states. But the sound wasn't all that great in those anyways. Thanks.