PDA

View Full Version : 0xFF News - Future PSP and Android plans

wraggster
September 15th, 2010, 23:43
News from DCEmu Member and Coder Uberjack

Things are starting to settle somewhat since my move to Southern California, and that can only mean one thing – time to speculate.

PSP fans may be happy to learn that version 1.3.1 of SMS Plus PSP should be out soon. It fixes a handful of issues, and includes support for a few games that are unplayable in 1.2.x. It’s completed already, but there are issues with saved games that need to be worked out. VICE PSP should also receive a maintenance update shortly afterward.

Those of you who urged me to take another stab at an Atari ST emulator – thanks; I will most likely do that next – this time with something other than Castaway. It’s not easy to abandon the emulation of the system that synthesized one of my favorite chiptunes.

As far as OpenSpark – I’ve decided to begin making milestone-type releases, instead of finishing all the features at once. Next release will bring many of the stability fixes and smaller improvements done since 1.2, as well as auto-updates in the vein of gsDroid. Notifications will follow in another release, and widgets in yet another. PSN support will be given the least priority – I’m actually hoping that someone will eventually join the project and tackle it, as I may not be able to any time soon.

http://0xff.akop.org/2010/09/14/future-psp-and-android-plans/