PDA

View Full Version : Republic of Zombies

wraggster
September 16th, 2010, 23:56
News / release from Oby1Chick (http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/f141/horror-show-republic-of-zombies-t264364/)

Hello guys,

I have finally chosen to reveal the game I made for PSP-Hacks' 2010 Horror show, also named as Homebrew Idol 3. I have been developing it for a while, anyway, here are the game main characteristics :

Republic of Zombies

Republic of Zombies is a 3D 1st person view survival based on the same principle as Nazi zombies mode in Call of duty series. The scene takes place during the cold war, in a hospital in Russia, where chemical experiments have turned all the patients into.. zombies ! You have to survive endless waves of attacking, groaring and moaning undeads and repair barricades to keep them out of the part of the hospital that you try to keep safe.

There is no limit to the levels. Zombies become stronger and faster upon completion of each round. There is only one map for the moment, but if people like my work, I may expand the game. I am sorry but there is no any kind of multiplayer gameplay currently, and I don't think I will have enough time before the deadline to add one . However, that may be an other thing I'll try to add if you enjoy my homebrew .

By the way, you have 8 weapons available to kill those damned zombies.

4 primary weapons : Gun, Heavy gun, Minigun and Rifle.
4 secondary weapons : Baseball bat, Chainsaw, Crowbar and Shovel.

You need to choose one primary weapon and one secondary weapon at the beginning of the map. I will maintain the suspense a bit longer and won't post any screenshot for the moment, but I can tell you that the project is going very well. I'm using Blender and the LTE Game engine for my whole game. I use PSPSDK without cygwin shit and my homebrew is Compatible with all PSP's - maybe HBL I just don't know as I have only a PSP-1004.

I am done with the scene (fully low-poly textured environment that runs smoothly on PSP, even fat) , the collisions (Aaaw, those were a pain in the ass, with transparent walls and flyings fans going through the walls at 200m/s lol), the shading (Dynamic lighting, even for weapons and zombies), the menu, the weapons attacks, and the zombies (A lot of different actions available in the 200 frames they have for their animation). I still need to setup the round system, to make zombies spawning correctly and to add sounds - that I've already chosen, with a freaking dreadful background ambiance .

Oh and by the way : I am alone, and not so experimented in 3D game engines. I was already making a 3D car game, C3D Burning Wheels, but I had to stop it for the competition and I will continue the project once I will be done with Republic of Zombies.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm1/X-Oby1-X/Republic%20of%20Zombies/riflebloody.jpg

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm1/X-Oby1-X/Republic%20of%20Zombies/crowbardrink.jpg

jason_r90
September 17th, 2010, 13:31
This looks excellent going to try it out. Thanks