PDA

View Full Version : Emulators & Other Homebrew on 2.7+???

Nafogel
August 19th, 2006, 04:10
When you read the title, you probably thought "Oh great, another noob who thinks he found something incredible. Lets flame him". :eek:
Well, if you choose to think that way, than maybe this thread isn't for you. I've had some free on my hands lately, and I got to thinking:

If you have a 2.7+ psp and you feel pretty much locked out of the homebrew community, is that maybe because the community has been focusing too much on the lower firmwares that support homebrew? The 2.7+ psp supports several critical formats that could help boost it's popularity:

HTML
Flash (.swf)
JavascriptThere are emulators out there written in flash and javascript. If you dont believe me, check out these links:
Link Removed
http://www.flashmagazine.com/1261.htm
http://www.6502asm.com/
Now I know that these emulators arent all that great, but someone with some decent coding skills could easily port them over to the psp, and perhaps fix them up a bit. If someone took the time and dedication to do this, we would start seeing a lot more homebrew on 2.7+ firmware. Who knows, maybe one day we will see an NES emulator written in javascript. It is possible, someone just needs to take the first step...:D

Edit: Sorry folks, I have multilayers of virus protection and I wasnt even aware of the trojan viruses. My pc is fine, and it didnt even alert me when I went to the site, but I removed the link just as yall requested. I am really sorry. I am suprised my pc didnt alert me.:o

Video_freak
August 19th, 2006, 04:13
That's a good suggestion Nafogel! It might just work. :)

jman420
August 19th, 2006, 10:01
Thanks A Lot For The 3 Trojans!

Do not go to any of the links posted, the top one WILL infect your computer with many virus's, namely ByteVarefy. A virus that will totaly F@&K your computer up! dont try the top one for any reason!

pspfan
August 19th, 2006, 10:07
Yes I got a warning from Symantec about the newsdee site. The others seemed fine, though.

Anyway, THIS WON'T WORK. Sorry to spoil it for you, but what about the OUT OF MEMORY ERROR. It happens on the "end of the world" flash, what do you think would happen on an emulator.

If the browser had more memory (and probably better flash), then yes it could be possible, but it doesn't.

jak66
August 19th, 2006, 10:08
exactly what jman said (except i only got 1 trojan and 1 virus installer and i dont have to reinstall windows on my pc)

pspfan
August 19th, 2006, 10:17
You guys should be running in limited mode and have multiple layers of virus protection...Anyway, that link should be removed. And this shouldn't be in news since it won't work, like I said on my previous post.

jman420
August 19th, 2006, 10:37
Ya need to get that link taken off though...

jaydee73
August 19th, 2006, 10:52
Oh Should We Mr. F&*king Genius Guy?! Do You Have Any Idea What That God Damn Link Did?! Now I Have 3 F%$king Trojans, Not Deleatable, Not Cleanable, And Not Quarentineable! All Of Them Byte Verify
I Am A 3d Modeler, I Dont Have Time To F%#k Around Reinstalling Windows And Loosing F&$king Weeks Of Modeling Work! This Is F'n Bull%#it! I Dont Need To Have Multiple Virus Protections, I Need Idiots To Not Try To Poison My Computers!

I Just Bought A Dell Xps M1200, I Have Had It A Month, Just Got My Library Level For Gshc Done, Now I Have Another Week Of S%$t To Do Because Of This! I Dont Have Time For It! This Fool Needs Banned! And All Links Removed As Quickly As Possible!

And Thanks Alot! Now I Get No Sleep Tonight Because I Have To Have My Laptop Working For College In The Morning! This Is Not F&#king Fair! Why Dont You Check Your F'n Links Before You Post Em?!!?:!?!?!?

If you had any common sense you would have backups of your work and have taken time to at the very least installed the latest hot fixes to your machine. And I'm surprised to hear that your 2000 buck machine didn't have an AV solution pre-installed.

If you took some time to take responsibility for securing your own machine then visiting the link (which no-one forced you to do) wouldn't have caused you half the problems you have mentioned.

jman420
August 19th, 2006, 11:08
shut up moron, I have all that.. I have McAfee, and all my updates, as well as all updates for WinXP Pro, that didnt help though did it?? I still got the virus's

Now Dont You Feal Like An Idiot!

now it doesnt matter, with a little cleaning it appears that I got rid of the infected files, but that is still only just good enough.. I need people to try ane be careful about posting links to virus infected sites..

if it was a honest mistake, fine.. but if this was intentional, this guy needs banned...

also, if you dont know you downloaded the trojan, you need to clean your harddrive and get it fixed, and install some antivirus...

I appologise for the posts that have been not intirely nice things to say, but this was an inconvience that I didnt need tonight...

I think that you have a good idea, but obviously, nobody could make an emulator for PSP with a trojan in it :p

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
August 19th, 2006, 11:18
im not a 2.7 user, im a 1.5 user, but anyway i think it might work and our 2.7 friends will have fun!!

shrimpidy
August 19th, 2006, 12:45
Does this include 2.8 users?

fistikuffs
August 19th, 2006, 12:52
Should the link to the mal-ware not be removed asap? I trust DCEMU to point me in the right direction and to something that could infect my PC. Also Jaydee73, i have plenty of protection and everything is backed up but i still don't want to unwittingly download trojans.

SSaxdude
August 19th, 2006, 15:25
Maybe there could be an exploit through flash or javascript. Oh well, I have 1.5.

skurk
August 19th, 2006, 15:41
Maybe there could be an exploit through flash or javascript. Oh well, I have 1.5.
Hi, I'm the author of 6502asm.com. I noticed that a few visitors came from dcemu, so I thought I'd have a look.

Now, I just to make one thing clear, there's no software installed on your computer if you visit 6502asm.com. Ever. 6502asm.com is just a harmless javascript.

I don't know about the other two sites, though.

SpacemanSpiff
August 19th, 2006, 15:47
Shit, I visited the first link but my virus protection didn't notify me of anything. What software did you use to get rid of it?

DPyro
August 19th, 2006, 16:08
If anyone clicked that first link, please go here (http://freeav.com)

It contained javascript and wmf exploits in the webpage code.

nyrtrublue
August 19th, 2006, 17:23
if i have ad-ware se will that clean it off?

Adduc
August 19th, 2006, 18:10
Shrimpidy, this would include 2.8 FW also, but unfortunately due to the web browser's lack of proper memory management emulation is next to impossible.

dagger89
August 19th, 2006, 18:38
and this is the reason I switched to Linux.... no worries bout things like that

motz
August 19th, 2006, 20:16
If anyone clicked that first link, please go here (http://freeav.com)

It contained javascript and wmf exploits in the webpage code.
:rolleyes: I don't see why idiots have to include virii on their website, its pretty sad.

de.silva89
August 19th, 2006, 20:28
I see a few people have problems so i thoght I might give a bit of a helping hand, a reasonable anti-virus is AVG-FREE, search for it on google, download it and when it finds the viruses - after finishing the search - click on move to vault, this will let you wipe the virus, also, locations of viruses are displayed so that you can go to it and delete it manually - some system files are hidden, you must make them visible. Hope this helps:)

luis_05
August 19th, 2006, 22:25
wow!!! thank god i didnt click on those links, a noob posted, why hasnt this thread been closed? with so many ppl getting infected? btw where shadowprophet!!?

Dave the Rave
August 20th, 2006, 00:13
No probs, I'm using OS X :)

JD/
August 20th, 2006, 01:14
This flash emulator thing might work but I think there will have to be a large update on a flash player for the psp which must be provided by sony which i doubt will happen lets just hope someone gets an exploit running for unlucky 2.7+ users. Oh and Nafogel please be more careful in the future to test your links for viruses luckily my firewall blocked that trojan but others werent so lucky :(.

Unlimitedv2
August 20th, 2006, 03:11
It's cool to have idiots that post torjans aint' it?

Chaos_X
August 20th, 2006, 03:30
I'm running a f***ing Quick-Scan on my computer now, I don't have the time or patience to remove any mal-ware

jman420
August 20th, 2006, 05:38
what do you think I was saying lastnight at 4 freakin' AM?? lol

eazy-e
August 20th, 2006, 20:42
they should remove the links

Tinnus
August 20th, 2006, 23:49
For God's sake, that will NEVER, EVER, work. There's not even 1/10 or the speed needed, running something inside flash is just TOO SLOW.

And you can't code an emulator in JavaScript because it cannot access files. MAYBE by putting the ROM in as constant data, but then again you might as well explode the memory limit. And then again, again, it would be too slow.

Sorry, but if you have a non-homebrewable PSP, you either are not interested in homebrew, or didn't pay enough attention when buying/upgrading or are simply too dumb and installed a new firmware without thinking first.

(most people fall into the "not enough attention" category)