PDA

View Full Version : The best Mario game ever is...

wraggster
September 18th, 2010, 19:35
Super Mario Galaxy 2 is the best Mario game of all time according to ONM readers.

Members of the ONM forum have been voting for their favourite Mario games and the plumber's latest Wii adventure took top spot ahead of the original Galaxy.

Commenting on their reader's choice, ONM said: "We're only in the first year of a new decade but already it's hard to see how Miyamoto will better this masterpiece in the next ten years. He took the foundations of Galaxy, threw a ton of genius new ideas at it and added Yoshi."

Today's top ten is one of several special Mario features on ONM this week as the site celebrates the 25th anniversary of Super Mario Bros. Readers have also picked their favourite moments from the Super Mario series and shared their ideas for new Mario power-ups.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=265334?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-General-RSS

kojiro7
September 18th, 2010, 20:55
the kids who vote super mario galaxy 2 for the best mario game ever,I doubt they have ever played the older mario games before

rusheddd
September 19th, 2010, 01:59
Agreed. Its difficult to imagine SMB 3 or SMW to be so easily overlooked. Even the original SMB was a classic that helped define an era of gaming.

mmochel
September 19th, 2010, 01:59
I have been playing mario games since the '80s and I think thatr worl is the best followed closely by 3.
The last mario game that I enjoyed was 64.

WhizzBang
September 19th, 2010, 18:23
I think they are right - Super Mario Galaxy 2 is the best.

They are all pretty high quality though - it says something that Super Mario Sunshine is seen as one of the poorer Mario games yet it is better than most non-Mario 3D platformers.

Sonicboy 101
September 21st, 2010, 18:35
Masterpiece? Ton of genius new ideas?

...Lol?