PDA

View Full Version : XCM PSP *CHROME* Face Plate

wraggster
August 19th, 2006, 10:30
New from Divineo UK (http://www.divineo.co.uk/php/affstart.php?affcode=arboretum&prod=psp-xcmch)

http://www.divineo.co.uk/divineo/images/products/psp-xcmch.jpg

The Chrome XCM PSP face plate has been colored using a special process that makes the faceplate extra smooth, enhancing your gaming experience.

New mold. New lens. Special smooth coating . The best quality plastic.

This is a high end faceplate, also available in regular 'Smooth As Silk' colors.

What's in the box:

- Includes the digital pad (D-Pad) & analog stick
- Includes all face buttons (start, select, volume, display, audio & home)
- Includes all 4 main action buttons (2 sets)
- Includes screw driver

Is this the nicest Faceplate yet ? (i think so)

D0N
August 19th, 2006, 11:06
woah! now that looks nice! :D

Criswell
August 19th, 2006, 12:33
Just had mine delivered. Fitted and found the supplied screwdriver burred after a few uses. The new dir. buttons were poor. Had to refit the old ones. And the faceplate was moulded poorly. Needed to shave to release the L shoulder button.

All in all, not a fun experince but could be a one off. Just a friendly warning of my experience...:mad:

doverkiller
August 19th, 2006, 14:27
hehe..

it's great when you try to play in light and the faceplate mirrors into your eyes.. pure fun.. :D

I imagine how nice the other faceplates are, if Criswell has these problems with this "premium" one.. :D

task514
August 19th, 2006, 15:00
Old news, DCEmu!!

I also had this mod done... ordered from Divineo china and got it in 7days.

Mine fitted pretty good... Just had a little problem fitting the left side of the face plate. It would'nt want to fit flush, had a little bump over the screen. But its ok now. My D-pad also sucks, they put 2 round sitcker on the up and down D-pad, dunno why. I took it off and it seems allright, but still it doesn't feel like stock.

Hungry Horace
August 19th, 2006, 15:01
The Chrome XCM PSP face plate has been colored using a special process that makes the faceplate extra smooth, enhancing your gaming experience.

LOL! what a bunch of toss!!!

it does look bloody nice though, and the first faceplate i've seen that makes me want one.

i probably wouldnt bother though.

JD/
August 19th, 2006, 15:13
When they bring at a good quality faceplate like that chrome 1 with quality face buttons im gnna buy it.

Malksta
August 19th, 2006, 15:13
I would buy it if they made it for the back aswell :(

uhoh_hotdogs
August 19th, 2006, 15:28
I got mine from divineo a few days ago. It was fine, the only problem is that I'm a noob and I've never opened up my PSP so I had to look for some instructions on how to do that . . . other than that, mine fit fine. The only thing is that it's pretty shiny, and I'm not a flashy kind of guy.:o

d3v1l
August 19th, 2006, 17:06
ordered a asterix clear transparent faceplate from liksang.com..buttons were in backorder, faceplate arived after 3,5 weeks(i was on vacation 3 weeks so it was aiight) fitting was easy, had instructions too..only down side is my psp sometimes thinks i press the analog stick up or down..and the up n down dpad act a lil different..anyone know how to fix my analog stick?maybe try and clean it or something?

JD/
August 19th, 2006, 22:42
I wish they would bring bring out official ones with a nice psp sign in the middle with and the nice sony and playstation icons :).

ordered a asterix clear transparent faceplate from liksang.com..buttons were in backorder, faceplate arived after 3,5 weeks(i was on vacation 3 weeks so it was aiight) fitting was easy, had instructions too..only down side is my psp sometimes thinks i press the analog stick up or down..and the up n down dpad act a lil different..anyone know how to fix my analog stick?maybe try and clean it or something?
Try the liksang forums theyre quite helpful if you cant find the answer there liksang customer services will sort you out.

ACID
August 19th, 2006, 22:50
This is a great face plate got mine 2 weeks ago.

Unlimitedv2
August 20th, 2006, 03:13
God I hate crome, stick with solid colors.

SolidSnake5986
August 20th, 2006, 04:34
Old news, DCEmu!!

I also had this mod done... ordered from Divineo china and got it in 7days.

Mine fitted pretty good... Just had a little problem fitting the left side of the face plate. It would'nt want to fit flush, had a little bump over the screen. But its ok now. My D-pad also sucks, they put 2 round sitcker on the up and down D-pad, dunno why. I took it off and it seems allright, but still it doesn't feel like stock.

I had just got mine 2 days ago and I put it on, but I ended up putting the stock one back on since I had the same problem as task514. For whatever reason, i couldn't get the new faceplate to snuggle back in place from the top left side (I think there is something wrong with the mould). In any case, after i did, I couldn't get the left direction button to work properly, as I had to push harder just so that I can make use of it. There also seemed to be something wrong with the up button as it seemed to be in a stuck position (not sure if it was the analog stick or the up button, but when I would be in my rom list, I would try to go down, but it would keep taking me up). I must admit, it did look pretty good though!

monkeypoo
September 27th, 2006, 02:38
Ar eyou using the original psp screws or the ones that came with the case?

Because the one that comes with it there a certain screw behing the battery in the middlish thats too long I was having that problem

I just thought i had to click it in and i cracked my screen

in short use the sony screws

Video_freak
September 27th, 2006, 02:41
These are actually quite nice looking. :)

mr_nick666
September 27th, 2006, 09:52
These are actually quite nice looking. :)

They are indeed! :D If I ever need to upgrade my faceplate then this may be just the jobbie! :p