PDA

View Full Version : Download DS demos from the Net for free with your PC Wi-Fi card

wraggster
August 19th, 2006, 11:58
Pocketgamer have released a nice guide on how to download demos to your DS, heres an excerpt:

Journalists are always bragging about the secret tech demos and videos they get to play at conferences, demos that are beamed around the show floors from Nintendo's servers for them to lap up with their limited edition consoles. Follow this guide to turn your home PC into one of those servers, enabling it to transmit games to your own DS for you to try out.

Full Guide (http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/DS/feature.asp?c=1450)

Crimson_Lotus
August 19th, 2006, 12:02
Sweet, thankyou wraggster.

Vegetable
August 19th, 2006, 12:21
Why didn't those assholes just link to the original walkthrough instead of taking all the credit themselves?

SSaxdude
August 19th, 2006, 16:35
Oh crap, my sister took my DS for the day. I really want to try this sometime.

I think that this could be done by putting the files on a M3 or Supercard, so then you won't have to use a WiFi connection.

kcajblue
August 19th, 2006, 16:59
umm..... this is an old guide, and its in the Main section of the DS emulation page .:confused:

jamiegibson
August 19th, 2006, 17:10
Would this work with Datel's Wifi Max?

kcajblue
August 19th, 2006, 17:51
Would this work with Datel's Wifi Max?

no it doesnt.:(

weaselboy246
August 19th, 2006, 19:25
..... where have i seen this before? oh yeah....

Video_freak
August 19th, 2006, 19:30
This is awesome! I'm going to try it. :)

scorpei
August 19th, 2006, 20:12
If I may:
http://simon.teunvandeberg.nl/nifi/howto.html
At the moment I do only have support for the PCI and USB versions of the rt2500, not PCMCIA.
And indeed, they should not use other peoples work and show it as their own.

saotome22
August 19th, 2006, 21:23
I used to do this when I first got my DS, and play the original E3 2005 techdemos like submarine and table hockey :)
A compatible wifi card was one of the first things I got as an "accessory" to my DS. As people have said before this guide is well over a year old....
are there even new demos being released on the net now?

brennxn
August 20th, 2006, 02:23
This is old and outdated. There are much easier ways of getting homebrew onto your DS via WiFi.

jamiegibson
August 20th, 2006, 12:38
Ok i am now using a Belkin that was on the list but when i try to install the DS driver from the location of the DS Driver it doesn't work and says The wizard could not find a better match for your hardware than the software you have currently installed. Anyone know how to solve this problem?