PDA

View Full Version : PSP-DUNGEONS v0.2

wraggster
August 19th, 2006, 17:12
Charnold (http://www.caweb.de/) has released a new and awesome looking version of his PSP - Dungeons Game, the game iself looks like a throwback to Wolf3D. Check out the screenshot:

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/dungeons.JPG

Heres what the author says:

I modified my dungeons-engine a bit, so it can render bigger levels now and not only small mazes (level 4 is a simple remake of Wolfenstein 3D's first level). I included some enemies, so now in this version you can really do something :-)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Raekwik11
August 19th, 2006, 17:18
It's Just like doom. I Wonder when they're going to finish this.

jimmi
August 19th, 2006, 18:11
wow good job guys
!

SSaxdude
August 19th, 2006, 18:18
That looks pretty cool.

Raekwik11
August 19th, 2006, 18:40
lol.. why are there so many people to kill in the screenshot?

aries2k4
August 19th, 2006, 18:48
hey, this looks pretty good. Gonna try it.
Just wondering if your using one of the new 3d engines out there?
Good job!!

Video_freak
August 19th, 2006, 19:11
This game looks great! :)

Broadus
August 19th, 2006, 19:16
Very nice-looking, and fast.

hellknight2008
August 19th, 2006, 19:58
Does it work for any firmware?

dtothabreezy
August 19th, 2006, 20:09
this is pretty cool dont like the controls to much but its deffinetaly awsome

AtariFreek
August 20th, 2006, 01:00
You Can Make You Own Weapons Lol. COOL!

Just Make A New Weapon Folder In The Data/Weapon Folder. Name It Something Like, "Throwing Kinfe".
Edit The Weapons.txt Folder In The DATA/WEAPONS Folder, Just Add Throwing Knife To The List. Next Set Up Your .bmp Animations For The Throwing Knife In Order You Want The Animations To Appear and name Them Throwing Knife (0).bmp, Throwing Knife (1).bmp Etc. Etc. I Used 8 Images For My Animation. Save All Of The Images In Your New PSP/GAME/DUNGEONS/DATA/WEAPONS/Throwing Knife Folder, and Then Open Natepad, Or Another Text Program And Type In
Throwing Knife (0).bmp
Throwing Knife (1).bmp
Throwing Knife (2).bmp
etc.
Until All Of Your Knife Animations Are Listed In The Order You Want Them To Appear.
Save The File As animation.txt in The Same Folder As Your Actual Animations (PSP/Game/DUNGEONS/data/waepons/Throwing Knife)
Then Load It Up And Throw Those Knives!!

Here Is My Throwing Knife Just Copy The Folder Into The Weapons Folder.
Some Screens
Just 1 Min Lol

kando
August 20th, 2006, 02:00
works on 2.6....BEAUTIFUL homebrew! definatly the wolfenstein 3d of the psp....simply beautiful! smooth 60 fps....just need to add some configurable controls and seperate ammo for weapons and ur all set!

great work!

TacticalBread
August 20th, 2006, 02:56
When you create your own weapons, are you able to use them in the game? Or can you only edit the current weapons?

vettacossx
August 20th, 2006, 05:45
nice thanks atari good modding bro ;)

slipknot22
August 20th, 2006, 06:29
is there a version of this for 1.5? it sounds awsome but i dont know how to tern it into a 1.5 game:) sorry for the trouble.

thanks
Slipknot22

kando
August 20th, 2006, 07:43
slipknot im pretty sure u need to use Kxploit to make it work for 1.5 to make the folder%

slipknot22
August 20th, 2006, 08:45
hey, thanks Kando. kxploit is a good program[lol now i can get some more games:) ]. this game is very cool[controlls where wierd at first but i get how they work now] it would be good to have a controll setup though. i cant wait for more of this title though, its very good

- Slipknot22

watupgroupie
August 20th, 2006, 18:32
You Can Make You Own Weapons Lol. COOL!

Just Make A New Weapon Folder In The Data/Weapon Folder. Name It Something Like, "Throwing Kinfe".
Edit The Weapons.txt Folder In The DATA/WEAPONS Folder, Just Add Throwing Knife To The List. Next Set Up Your .bmp Animations For The Throwing Knife In Order You Want The Animations To Appear and name Them Throwing Knife (0).bmp, Throwing Knife (1).bmp Etc. Etc. I Used 8 Images For My Animation. Save All Of The Images In Your New PSP/GAME/DUNGEONS/DATA/WEAPONS/Throwing Knife Folder, and Then Open Natepad, Or Another Text Program And Type In
Throwing Knife (0).bmp
Throwing Knife (1).bmp
Throwing Knife (2).bmp
etc.
Until All Of Your Knife Animations Are Listed In The Order You Want Them To Appear.
Save The File As animation.txt in The Same Folder As Your Actual Animations (PSP/Game/DUNGEONS/data/waepons/Throwing Knife)
Then Load It Up And Throw Those Knives!!

Here Is My Throwing Knife Just Copy The Folder Into The Weapons Folder.
Some Screens
Just 1 Min Lol

what program were you using to make those cause i tried to use photoshop to make the dimensions 128 by 128 cause it don't work if you don't but it won't let me any suggestions?:confused:

vettacossx
August 20th, 2006, 18:53
try downloading different tools bro ;) it works ;)

AtariFreek
August 20th, 2006, 19:45
Lol I Used Paint. @TacticalBread, No You Can Add Extra Weapons And They Will Be Useable. @watupgroupie I Just Opened The Old Weapon Images In Paint And Edited Them And Saved Them Seperatley As My Own Weapon. They Have To Be.bmp

watupgroupie
August 20th, 2006, 20:14
thanx AtariFreek. thanx for helpin another canadian out actually i live like 4 hours from calgary

watupgroupie
August 20th, 2006, 20:51
oh that was fast i already made my own weapon it's kinda gay but funny as hell to play with. it's a egg sling shot. here you can have it.

LAMPRO
August 21st, 2006, 05:25
can you post a 1.5 version with both folders- bg and icons too.. someone!!

Video_freak
August 21st, 2006, 05:32
can you post a 1.5 version with both folders- bg and icons too.. someone!!
You can do it yourself by using PSPBrew. Google it. ;) (I can't post here. :()

LAMPRO
August 21st, 2006, 05:35
come on... someone make a nice 1.5 folder setup with bg and icon!! one of you geniouses!!!

AtariFreek
August 21st, 2006, 19:29
NEW! I'm Working On A Mod For This Game, It's Based Off A PS2 FPS, That Has Been Ported To PSP. Any Guesses? More News As It Developes.