PDA

View Full Version : PSPMaster v006b (Master System and Game Gear Emu for PSP)

wraggster
August 20th, 2006, 01:38
Some sites claim to be 24/7 but theres only one wraggster (nutty english person who posts news round the clock), heres another release before the rest get around to posting ;)

Trops (http://pspmaster.krnl.net/) has updated his Sega Master System / Game Gear emulator made for the Sony Play Station Portable system.

The emulator uses the old Marat Z80 emulator by Marat Fayzullin. VDP source is based on SMS Plus by Charles Mac Donald. All the source is heavylly optimized for the PSP system.

PSPMaster is running at full speed without frame skiping when the YM2413 sound chip emulation is disabled. Please do not change default options if you don't know what you are doing.

To play PSPMaster you will need a PSP with the firmware 1.5 installed. To install, just download and decompress the file "pspmaster.zip" to the root of your PSP memory stick.

[B]Changing PSPMaster language:

PSPMaster read menu strings from a script file. These files are in languages directory. To create a new language just translate the strings in the file "english.c" using a simple text editor like Windows Notepad.

Changing the default theme:

You can change the default emulator font by changing the script file "theme.c" in theme directory. The background image displayed in menus is in the file "bg.bin". You can create your own background image by using the background generator.
The background generator convert a windows bitmap file into a PSPMaster background file.

Heres whats new:

v0.0.6b:
- YM2413 speed optimizations.
- YM2413 bug fixed.
- Configure emulator keys menu.
- Use hardware aceleration to draw menu images.
- 32 bits color menu.
- Read menu images from PNG files instead of custom format.
- Fixed a bug that was stoping emulation.
- Save screen shots in PNG format instead of GIF.

v0.0.5:
- Sound volume option added.
- Improved script files and fixed a bug.
- Improved cheat files (one cheat can change multiple memory
addresses).

v0.0.4:
- Fixed a bug in draw text routine.
- Support for cheats.
- Menu improvements.
- In game screen messages.
- Faster render code (Assembly).
- Added bios mode.
- More speed optimizations.
- Fixed a bug in screen shot routine..

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

siulmagic
August 20th, 2006, 01:59
looks great ima try it

ayhoung
August 20th, 2006, 05:37
ur the best wraggster

RetroGoth
August 20th, 2006, 08:06
awesome I love this emulator

Pumped'Up
August 20th, 2006, 08:24
how does this compare to the GG and SMS emulation in E's fantastic e[mulator]?

Goodold
August 20th, 2006, 12:06
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know how to add cheats? I assume the file goes in the cheats folder but I couldn't see any information in readme file. Does this use Action Replay codes or something else? How does the file need to be named.

Thanks for your help ( and also to the creator of this emulator )

Cheers!

ACID
August 20th, 2006, 12:39
Does it support 16:9 screen

inlovewithi
August 20th, 2006, 14:59
Very cool.

josiii
August 20th, 2006, 16:20
fantastic

carpy
August 20th, 2006, 19:51
Does it support 16:9 screen

The PSP has a 16:9 screen, and this emulator works on it, so, yeah it supports a 16:9 screen. :)

If you mean, does it alter the SMS game's screen display from it's original aspect ratio, warping the image making everything short and fat, then no it doesn't do that.

It does have a stretch mode that fits 80% of the PSP's 16x9 screen. Though.

And this is the ONLY SMS emulator that runs ALL the SMS roms available, and works on ALL PSP firmwares.

ACID
August 20th, 2006, 20:55
The PSP has a 16:9 screen, and this emulator works on it, so, yeah it supports a 16:9 screen. :)

If you mean, does it alter the SMS game's screen display from it's original aspect ratio, warping the image making everything short and fat, then no it doesn't do that.

It does have a stretch mode that fits 80% of the PSP's 16x9 screen. Though.

And this is the ONLY SMS emulator that runs ALL the SMS roms available, and works on ALL PSP firmwares.
LOL. i know the PSP has a 16:9 screen. And as far as the only emulator i suggest you try E(emulator) its as good and supports the wide screen use of the psp.

SmashinGit
August 22nd, 2006, 13:44
Nearly missed this, to much excitement with the gba emulator :)

Sharkey
August 22nd, 2006, 19:43
What's better, this or the new MMSPlus?

Pumped'Up
August 23rd, 2006, 00:53
I'd give e[mulator] as the best all-in-one. It does all the emulators (SMS, GG, PCe, NES, etc) outstandingly...I just hope it will support SNES and Genesis one day so there'll be less "bulk" in the homebrew folder! ;)