PDA

View Full Version : Patching the LL2 ( GameOS ) soon a reality

wraggster
September 21st, 2010, 23:07
News via http://ps3.gx-mod.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=1939

After fork PSGroove to launch . pkg from a USB key , with a recurrence AerialX project named Kammy .

Kammy is a system for loading patches on L2 ( PS3 Game OS ) from a third party application via PSGroove or another implementation of the exploit to use syscalls Peek & Poke ( PSGroove 1.1 by example) . Kammy based system patch Wii games made by Treek .

Compilation:

Kammy Compiling gcc compiler toolchain requires 3 .

• gcc : gcc presence of normal to create the application raw2h .
• ppu - gcc - LV2 : used to compile the loader, available "only " at Sony.
• ppu - gcc , ppu -binutils : gcc version to compile 64bit PowerPC instructions to create patches . Linux packages can be found on BSC.es. ( Note : ppu -gcc - LL2 could possibly suffice but this could not be tested)
• xxd : to create binary patch files .

Once these dependencies installed , you can compile Kammy simply by going to the directory of the loader and running the commands:

make clean
make

Use

Kammy should be used with a payload supporting poke / peek . PSGroove 1.1 and its forks provide this support. To apply a patch Kammy , an application loader type to be launched on the PS3. This is normally done from the XMB via a . pkg installed or from a USB device if you use the fork made by AerialX .

Personalization:

Kammy is composed of two main components :

• L2 : This folder contains the patches to create LV2 . You can see the patch main Kammy for example. It belongs to the patch to apply the necessary changes to LL2 .
• libkammy : it is the base library manager loading patches Kammy .

The file "loader "contains an example of the use of Kammy to download a patch from the folder LV2 .

Notes : internally , Kammy goes through syscalls 8 and 9, so do not try to launch a payload using the same syscalls .

You can find sources on Kammy http://github.com/AerialX/Kammy

nyrtrublue
September 22nd, 2010, 00:27
that seemed really over my head...is but i saw patch wii nd ps3 in the same article...is it going to be possible to play wii on ps3?

this is my first post on the ps3 scene so go gentle

shadowriffe
September 22nd, 2010, 05:02
I don't think this article had anything to do with it, but if my crappy laptop can run Dolphin, the GC and Wii emulator, the PS3 maybe could. But I think that's wayyyyyy down the road, frankly.