PDA

View Full Version : DDRLite - Dance Dance Revolution for the Nintendo DS Lite.

wraggster
August 20th, 2006, 02:12
Sypherce (http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,2993.0.html) posted this news/release for the Neoflash Coding Contest:

:)Hello, here is my entry for compo. It's called DDRLite, which stands for Dance Dance Revolution for the Nintendo DS Lite.

DDRLite comes with 3 songs (which are copyright by there respect authors/owners) and the ability to convert your own DDR songs, only .sm (Stepmania) format is supported in this version.

To use the menus you use up/down to go up/down, and start to select. On the first menu you'll need to choose the touch mode, my preference is Linear. On the second menu you'll choose your difficulty. Not all songs support all difficulies, and if they don't it will show no arrows. The third and fourth menus are navigating to the desired song.

When in game use the a/b/x/y/up/down/left/right buttons to hit the corresponding arrow when it reaches the gray arrow at the top. If your using the linear touch mode, the bottom screen will be used and you will hit the gray arrows as the green ones reach them. If you using the Dance Mat mode you'll do the same, except hit the arrows that are in a diamond shape.

To convert your own songs open a command line window and run the "DDRLite Converter.exe" application followed by the "input" dir and then the "output" dir (remeber quotes). Please remeber when putting in your own songs to put them in __Letter__:\DDRLite\Songs\__GROUP__\__SONG__\ .

__Letter__ being the letter of your flash media, __GROUP__ being a folder containing a number of song folders, and __SONG__ being the actual song folder.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Data file reuploaded

Junixx
August 20th, 2006, 02:13
MuSt......TrY... :D Stepmania format, good thing i have quite a few of those...

:edit:

Cant get the converter to work....

The Hombrew Hunter
August 20th, 2006, 03:58
Drag the song on the converter? I wanna convert Simple and Clean...whee!

Junixx
August 20th, 2006, 04:00
Drag the song on the converter? I wanna convert Simple and Clean...whee!

I wish you could do that, but id have to be the whole folder, anyway i couldnt get it to work, maybe its sbecause of my obsolete OS...im having to use Mepis right now cause something was screwing up on Win 2000 and I couldnt do really anything

windboy
August 20th, 2006, 06:11
The "data.zip"is wrong!

Junixx
August 20th, 2006, 06:26
The "data.zip"is wrong!

I couldnt get it downloaded from here, i went to the NeoFlash forums and downloaded it there

ghaxaq
August 20th, 2006, 11:49
The game isn't working on my sc Cf.It loads but after I choose the song from the menu it does nothing and I copied the DDRfile on my cf.

dancex
August 20th, 2006, 15:53
any one mananed to get the game working... i cant. on my supercard, it loads and then on the next screen n0thing is there

dancex
August 21st, 2006, 11:26
ok managed to get it working n0w
for supercard users..
when u extract the data folder put that in the SD card
and the 3 ddrlite files - put that in the root directory

bad thing is u have to keep restarting ur ds everytime u completed a song

iball
August 21st, 2006, 12:53
for supercard users..

Then I think I'll forget about even trying it.

Junixx
August 21st, 2006, 23:27
Yea i hate that

Walker
August 28th, 2006, 15:35
hope you go one with this one maybe some Stepmania Port on the ds in the future :D ?
would be great iam a major fan of ddr my self.

( ONE problem it doesnt work on my cf i load a song and nothing hapens please fix that so i can enjoy this app . ) but it looks great.

mickshake
September 2nd, 2006, 21:40
What is the folder structure supposed to be like?

What I mean is... whre does the nds file go? in the root of my flash card, or inside the ddrlite folder?

or is it just that I have an M3 and I get no love? :(

mickshake
September 2nd, 2006, 21:51
got it, i did what dancex said
[root]
ddrlite.sc.nds
ddrlite/songs/...files
ddrlite/songs/...files
ddrlite/songs/...files

Walker
September 9th, 2006, 18:10
nope not working thing the cf isnt working for this one.

JKKDARK
September 9th, 2006, 18:11
I forgot this game, this one is amazing :)

Junixx
September 10th, 2006, 03:13
Could anyone explain to me how to get the converter working though? I've tried what i can think of but nothing works....

xboxnang
September 10th, 2006, 21:29
nope...followed instructions but can't get it running on my sc mini-sd.......any ideas?

Junixx
September 10th, 2006, 21:53
Try patching it with the supercard homebrew converter? the problem is with mine is that they wont even convert

3xtec
September 21st, 2006, 01:48
im using the m3 and the game isn't working after i choose a game. i cant get the converter to work either. can anyone help?

Video_freak
September 21st, 2006, 01:57
Crap, I tried to play this and now my bottom DS screen is shattered and I have pieces of glass stuck in my foot... :(

mcken200
September 24th, 2006, 21:40
how do i get this to work ? i have to G6 lite card does it work on that?

please can i have instructions to place song files and how to install , thanks

Godsmyles
September 24th, 2006, 22:40
Crap, I tried to play this and now my bottom DS screen is shattered and I have pieces of glass stuck in my foot... :(

tsk tsk.. you should have put mini shoes on two stylus pens and used that instead :P

Jeromel
January 8th, 2007, 16:04
tsk tsk.. you should have put mini shoes on two stylus pens and used that instead :P

hmm... I wonder how feasable it would be to train a small pet to play it.

TycoXtreme
January 14th, 2007, 09:16
Does this work for MAX Media player by any chance?

leps
January 17th, 2007, 03:05
What about R4?

herojoe
January 19th, 2007, 15:58
Yes, a Stepmania port is a good idea. Why do you even need to use the converter? The songs that came with it are in .sm format. If you get more stepmania files, shouldn't they work. I haven't tried it out yet on my MMD. You have to put it in the root file to get it to work right?

voteforpedro36
January 25th, 2007, 23:00
I downloaded the converter, but don't know what to do. Any help please?

lightykd
March 3rd, 2007, 01:03
Can someone tell me how to get this working on the Max Media Dock, please? I would really like to play this game.

voteforpedro36
March 3rd, 2007, 01:58
It doesn't work on the MMD :( . Wait for an update with DLDI...

lightykd
March 3rd, 2007, 02:20
gee how long will that take :(

voteforpedro36
March 3rd, 2007, 02:48
What this thread is from August? Hold on, let's calculate how long it should take. *Pulls out air calculator, punches some buttons, then grins and says* According to my opinion, it should be updated the 12th of NEVER!! I dunno... the only thing I can think of is try using Touch Touch Revoultion... the only real difference is that you can't add your own songs :( .

alchemypirate
March 8th, 2007, 04:13
Is there any way to get this running on an R4?

CabooseLoL
March 29th, 2007, 18:20
Ok i don't have anyway of using this (yet...) but it looks like you use the touch screen to play... i have been waiting for a long time for someone to port Stepmania(or some form of DDR/ITG to DS) but i think instead of using the touch screen use the D-pad and A, B, X, Y for controll (like you would a PS2 controller), and have the arrows scroll up both screens, start at bottom (touch screen) end at top screen... i don't know if the is possible but it would be awesome. I just cant see playing songs like PSMO (Paranoia Survivor Max Oni) on a touch screen working too well o.O

::EDIT:: Oops sorry, i should have read the description better. You can use the D-pad and A B X Y w00t lol...

JackSpesim
April 11th, 2007, 03:59
dont work in r4...its get a totally black screen and DLDI dont work too...

sorry but my inglish is a shit! =/

edgar581
April 29th, 2007, 01:43
i couldnt get ddrlite to work.i have a Lexar flashcard but lke it wont work.

oh and which program did U use to make the games.i wanna make a game so badly.i am a programmer but plzz tell me where to get the file

kholdsworth
May 6th, 2007, 06:25
i cant even get it to load can someone please help me out i put the data and all three of the files in the root of my tf card and when i choose one it jus black screens

witeds
May 8th, 2007, 09:34
i found the full donload within one folder and it is not corupt at
http://ds-scene.net/forum/forum.php?topic=1258

Pyroman_exe
May 12th, 2007, 17:43
Sorta sucked and i tried it worked though but nothing more then that i can say

Lilszamora
May 18th, 2007, 00:47
What emulator did you all use to play this, I got it and it won't work for me at all.

I really want to make sure it works before i get it onto my ds.

MkGennyX
May 19th, 2007, 01:56
so u gotta have a ds lite ? heh

DanTheManMS
May 19th, 2007, 05:50
No, it works on Phats as well, but it's really not that good of a program, so I wouldn't spend too much time trying to get it to work.

Lilszamora
May 20th, 2007, 20:49
It is better than nothing, can any1 tell me how to get it to work on a datel max media player?

veexx
May 25th, 2007, 16:53
for supercard users..

when you said put it in the root directory where is that ?

RikuDawn
May 26th, 2007, 23:01
when open this on my ds it the screen goes black. ive got an r4 and a ds lite.

DanTheManMS
May 27th, 2007, 02:01
This game requires filesystem access to run. It was made before DLDI and does not have support for the R4 built in, so it won't run. Besides, the arrows don't line up with the music and it's really not an enjoyable game to play, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

bebob
May 30th, 2007, 02:15
dude i stil dont get how to convert

sonknuck23
June 4th, 2007, 20:31
I'm not understanding how to convert this. When I read the first post, It was very.. well, hard to understand. It's as if you were rushing through rather than explaining it in a way where most could understand. (I've read that alot of people still don't get how to convert.)

So some sort of readme, or possibly just a quick post on what the hell you mean by "input" dir and "output" dir (don't forget to put quotes) etc. etc, 'cause after reading that specific segment, I got confused, lost, and almost jabbed a straw into my neck.

(Oh, and by the way, running SuperCard SD and SuperKey, Latest software and firmware, when the song starts, it shows the dancemat, the little picture on the top screen and the arrows, and the music plays.. but it doesn't do anything (it freezes.))

jo2thenah
June 27th, 2007, 06:36
WTH this game messed up my sd card and the songs don't even play! i can't delete the files from my sd card i use a supercard lite help please!

pmhoa
June 27th, 2007, 23:46
doesnt work on my DSLink so i'll be waiting for patchable version <:)

pocket_monkey
June 28th, 2007, 06:04
have any of you guys tried Elite Beat Agents? How does that compare to DDR?

DanTheManMS
June 28th, 2007, 06:10
EBA is a rhythm game like DDR, yes, but the two games are really completely different. I love EBA though, so I would definitely recommend you try it out.

bloodgod128
July 3rd, 2007, 00:31
i can't get it to work at all using max media dock. can anyone tell me if i'm missing something?

MonkeyBoy1916
July 8th, 2007, 21:16
Really sucks nobody made a DLDI Version, I was going to start work on an Anime Style for the DS, just like my PSP Version :(

Edit: If a DLDI Version is ever released, plz PM me, and ill begin work on Anime Style DS ^_^

knuxthefox
July 22nd, 2007, 22:53
Let me know when it can run on the R4!!!

bigleak2
August 1st, 2007, 01:09
this game sounds like it is cool

sudoku999
August 16th, 2007, 20:46
one question. how do u get the songs into ur ds??

guillermo2501
December 19th, 2007, 20:52
I select my song in my DDRLITE but my nintendo ds dont load the song!!!!!.
I select group song....but i select the song appear a backround and dont load.....

bluehawk246
February 1st, 2008, 03:32
I have a m3 real i bought from kick gaming.com the first one i bought it didn't work so i returned it the second one i got worked the first time then after that about every other time i started it up it froze on the white start up screen.

Please Help I do not want to return it a third time it takes like a month.:confused:

cjfcvp
March 4th, 2008, 08:21
does this work on an r4 and if it does how can i make it work because when i try and load it, it just turns to a black screen

radioactivemario
March 9th, 2008, 04:17
any one know how to get the converter to work???

radioactivemario
March 9th, 2008, 21:10
1. why does everybody bother to go online and buy these ds flash carts and wait forever for it to be delivered when you can go to wal-mart and buy a Datel Games n' music it runs homebrew well too!

2. on my games n' music card it will load but the game goes blank after it loads...top screen is black and the bottom is white. any suggestions?

Edit: sorry for the double posting.

racuyz
March 28th, 2008, 23:48
Yes, a Stepmania port is a good idea. Why do you even need to use the converter? The songs that came with it are in .sm format. If you get more stepmania files, shouldn't they work. I haven't tried it out yet on my MMD. You have to put it in the root file to get it to work right?
you need the converter to convert the mp3s so its compatible with the nds file. proof? get a mp3 player and try to play one of the mp3 files that came with ddrlite.

Porrada
March 30th, 2008, 18:14
it doesn't work in my R4!!!
why???

d2lod
March 30th, 2008, 22:25
why doesnt it work on my games n music?
help plz!!

justin350
March 30th, 2008, 22:42
PEOPLE this old and you might as well call it dead... unless there is a new release with DLDI...

iamsushilover
May 13th, 2008, 02:33
it wont even load the game

Bykuya
June 1st, 2008, 20:18
i launch it . but nothing happens O.o

briareosx
August 12th, 2008, 19:12
who here has actually played the game on their nintendo ds lite. or any other ds for that matter?
does this crap even work?

unknown7078
August 20th, 2008, 02:05
it doesnt work, i put the data file on the root of my sd card then the ddrlite in the root as well, when i turn on my ds and run the game, it loads the a black screen is there and freezes, im running an M3 Simply btw

MattSr
September 8th, 2008, 10:04
MuSt......TrY... :D Stepmania format, good thing i have quite a few of those...

:edit:

Cant get the converter to work....

same for me, I converted from .ogg to .mp3 but i dont know how to convert the .sm files for the arrows

Im not to sure how to use "DDRLite Converter.exe" and "convert.exe" but "switch.exe" worked fine.

Grey Acumen
September 8th, 2008, 18:54
Okay, for those who are still looking at this to work, don't bother. Everything I've seen on this thread points to the nds file not working on many homebrew cards, and having severe issues with needing to convert both dance and music files to be compatible with the game.

use this link instead:
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=144168

or go to the site directly via:
http://www41.atwiki.jp/tako2lab/pages/20.html

DSDSRevolution is from a japanese site, but it plays pretty much flawlessly once you have everything set up properly.
The only issues is that it can only play .sm files and .mp3 files(though support seems to have been added for .ogg files in v0.4.4), it can only handle up to 32 dance files at a time(this willl likely be addressed soon), and the default controls are weird, so you'll have to modify the DSDSR.ini file(found in the DSDSR folder) either on your computer or using DS organize or some other text editor to suit your preferences.

In order set it up, you put the DSDSR folder on the root of your card and nds file anywhere you want. in the DSDSR folder there will be a folder named Songs, in this folder, create a new folder with whatever name you feel like, and then in this folder you created, place the individual song folders that contain the .mp3(or .ogg), .sm, and .bg(not required) for the song.
Unfortunately, if you place more than 32 dance folders in the main folder you created, some of them just won't show up in the list. Sadly, you also can't create more than one folder to put your individual dance folders in.

in order to create .sm files from .dwi files, I've found this thread gives one of the simplest steps, both for converting individually, and for doing a batch convert of all your Dance files at once.
http://www.stepmaniawiki.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6365

johenssen
October 28th, 2008, 16:39
It doesn't work. All the downloads file are on my R4DS and still it doesn't. So what must I do now?:(

2243zeldamaster
November 11th, 2008, 20:24
thanxs love it!!!

OMFG123
January 21st, 2009, 03:43
when i try to play DDRLite i get a black screen can some 1 help me PLZ ?

asianlilandy
February 17th, 2009, 05:02
Work With R4?

zionsword
February 18th, 2009, 14:16
does this work on an r4 and if it does how can i make it work because when i try and load it, it just turns to a black screen

i play it already it works really well. DId you put the folder in the root of your memory card?Download the latest version.

jacquelin
September 24th, 2009, 07:32
What makes go go dancing different from other types of dance? When you see a go go dancer on a pedastal dancing, you can immediately distinguish that type of dancing from other types. So, what is it about go go dancing that gives it that "go go" feel? Is it the quick, angular movements? Although, I'm new to dance and don't have the vocabulary to accurately discuss dance, I'd really like to know what makes go go dancing so unique. Thanks.
market samurai (http://www.keywordspy.com/overview/domain.aspx?q=marketsamurai.com) ~ marketsamurai (http://www.keywordspy.com/overview/domain.aspx?q=marketsamurai.com) ~ marketsamurai.com (http://www.keywordspy.com/overview/domain.aspx?q=marketsamurai.com)

octan8787
April 9th, 2017, 16:59
i wanna download it