PDA

View Full Version : gpSP Compatibility Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Landon
September 20th, 2006, 01:50
Megaman Battle Network 3 (White) has been working almost perfectly for me at FS 1 minor sound issues

Shuin0
September 20th, 2006, 18:28
is it gonna be possible to run 32mb rom's with gpSP? and I hope save game features come out soon w00t w00t go GBA Emu

mesosade
September 20th, 2006, 18:59
i think the reason mario and luigi SS crashes right b4 battle is because of the redering the 3d star that comes up b4 the battle...so there's obviously still some 3d rendering problems...anyone know how to make a patch for this?

publicprivates
September 21st, 2006, 00:13
someone made a patch for it on qj.net. look for it on their psp forums.

mesosade
September 21st, 2006, 19:26
sweet!

mesosade
September 21st, 2006, 19:28
ummmm can someone provide a download link? i can't find the patch

Mushslap
September 26th, 2006, 01:40
japanese version Of naruto Ninja Council 2-Perfect:)

September 26th, 2006, 22:40
the only game i could get to run was fire emblem (sigh) if somebody would please please please give me a site to go to that i can get games from super super appreciative.

I really really really want pokemon and mario

ps: anybody got a link for newest version??

not sure which i running

tytytytytytytyty

andrew24
September 26th, 2006, 23:34
good
________
free joomla themes (http://themesfree.org)

vladiftodi
September 29th, 2006, 13:49
cool, i hope a one that has both compatibility high, and speed high will be releaesed yeah thansk ya

Mushslap
September 29th, 2006, 21:31
Does Anyone Know If Metroid Fusion And Metroid Zero Mission Work With gpSp0.7?

nami
September 30th, 2006, 18:29
i have a problem with zelda: the minish cap. when you try to defat the boss at the water element the game crashes, does soime1 know how to fix this?!

gymnotropic
September 30th, 2006, 18:36
i have a problem with zelda: the minish cap. when you try to defat the boss at the water element the game crashes, does soime1 know how to fix this?!
It's some problem with the lantern. Only turn it on then turn it right back off when need be. Even then, though, it will still crash on you if you don't do it fast enough. I had to try a few times before I got through that part.

Jpdeathblade
October 2nd, 2006, 22:11
anyone got the idel loop info for pokemon dungeon red????

If so sent to [email protected]

Also If you download both versions and copy the game_config.txt to the one that runs fast you get a combo of both =P a fast running and compatable version of gpsp

Kvonx
October 3rd, 2006, 02:25
my psp crashes during the third tournament fight!
could you please tell me which version you use?

im using the alt emu and the us version of summon night.

i think i read about somebody who said that his psp doesnt crash at all when he plays summon night.
coud that someone please tell us which rom and emu version he uses?

( i looked again for the one with the working rom. its cdrdj ! )

thanks a lot!
If u noticed it crashed at different times.........its random crash, jus keep goin til one time it doesnt crash, thats wat i did:)

AtariFreek
October 3rd, 2006, 02:59
Crash Bandicoot XS Works great for me on gpsp0.7 Actually it works perfect.

Exophase
October 5th, 2006, 17:41
anyone got the idel loop info for pokemon dungeon red????

If so sent to [email protected]

Also If you download both versions and copy the game_config.txt to the one that runs fast you get a combo of both =P a fast running and compatable version of gpsp

Both versions have the same game_config.txt....

And idle loop elimination can't make 32MB ROMs magically work :P It's a speed hack, not a compatability one.

dcemudos
October 5th, 2006, 17:53
Does Anyone Know If Metroid Fusion And Metroid Zero Mission Work With gpSp0.7?
Yes they working ..

Kvonx
October 8th, 2006, 01:41
Perfect Frameskip

Tekken 2
Dragonball z supersonic Warriors 1
Fifa 2005 1
Street Fighter alfa3 0
Mario Kart 1
Lord of the rings 2 Towers 1
Metroid Zero Missions 1
Yugioh world championship 2005 1
Mario party advance 1/2
Mario vs DonkeyKong too fast at 0

Alkaida
October 8th, 2006, 04:51
Fire emp 2= runs great on 1-2 FS

Summon knight: craft knight (its not just summon night)-Runs great till you get to a boss or crashes during dougion battles (very rare)

River city randomson-Doesn't run gets to menu and when you push start it crashes

Alkaida
October 8th, 2006, 04:56
pokemon doesnt work... All versions
It crashes everything you a status change affect the enemy... Like harden, growl, tail whip, etc.... This is so sad...

SOME ONE HELP ME...

I read that other aka= Who uses them ne ways...

If you realy know how to play then yes you will...And you must have a broken rom or somthing because im playing it wilth those skills and hasnt crashed yet.

ACID
October 8th, 2006, 05:04
all Versions of pokemon work just use the 128kb at the set up menu

publicprivates
October 9th, 2006, 02:30
Holey Moley! Kingdom Hearts Works On .8 Ahhhh!hh

classicgmr
October 9th, 2006, 03:09
Holey Moley! Kingdom Hearts Works On .8 Ahhhh!hh

I just loaded this 3 times. It crashed all 3 times at the intro screen after selecting a file. This little pixellated anime boy stuck in an open-mouth "Help Me!" scream of agony...

Yeah it didn't work. :)

publicprivates
October 9th, 2006, 03:54
try the european version.

BL4Z3D247
October 9th, 2006, 03:57
yup the euro ver. worked, did u get the trippy cutscene too?

nemoseiya
October 9th, 2006, 04:00
hey do you guys know which versions of pokemon work and how well?

BL4Z3D247
October 9th, 2006, 04:02
hey do you guys know which versions of pokemon work and how well?
we test em ;), but seriously most of my roms are US ver. unless they don't load/work then i try Euro ver. roms

nemoseiya
October 9th, 2006, 04:18
can anyone send me an e-mail with a link to where I can download gba roms my e-mail is [email protected]

publicprivates
October 9th, 2006, 04:56
so far , for me atleast, emerald is working full steam. No framskip needed!

classicgmr
October 9th, 2006, 05:55

Bleh now I have to go searching again. :) Ah well the joys of emulation. :D

pkmusicmaker
October 9th, 2006, 07:03
Mario and Luigi seems to be working now, although I haven't gotten very far yet.

Edit: It crashes when you get up to Bowser (which isn't very far at all)

BL4Z3D247
October 9th, 2006, 07:12
Mario and Luigi seems to be working now, although I haven't gotten very far yet.

Edit: It crashes when you get up to Bowser (which isn't very far at all)
it's been like that since v0.5

The_Ultimate_Eggman
October 9th, 2006, 12:13
Yoshis Island/ Super Mario Bros 3:
Crashes at the title screen.

MINE WORKS FINE :)
maybe rom dependant ?

orochi-x
October 9th, 2006, 12:27
Legend of Zelda : Minnish Cap still crashes during the boss fight in the Temple of Droplets.

BPM9
October 9th, 2006, 13:54
Pokemon Red Rescue Team-Works perfectly with no frameskip

Pokemon Fire Red-Now works perfectly

Super Mario World Advance-Again, now works perfect

Super Mario World 3: Yoshi's Island-Works perfectly

Sonic Battle-Perfect

Digimon Racing-Perfect

This release is great, many of the roms that required a frameskip before, work without them now. Great job!!

Vega
October 9th, 2006, 17:55
for latest gpSP release ::

Mario Kart (U) : Works Perfectly
Advance Wars (U) : Works Perfectly
Street Fighter 2 Turbo (E) : Plays perfect.. Choppy sound though
Mortal Kombat Advance (U): Works Perfectly..sound 80% perfect
Bubble Bobble Old and New (J): Works Perfectly
Mario Luigi Superstar Saga (U) : Freezes at first Bowser battle
Mario vs Donkey Kong : Glitches at level 2-MM .
Sonic Advance 3 (E) : Perfect
Pokemon Green Leaf (U) : Perfect
Mario Pinball Land (U) : Perfect
WWE Survivor Series (UE) : Crashes at Character select
GTA Advance (U) : crashes after opening dialogue
kINgdom Hearts C.O.M (E) : Perfect
Mario Party (E) : Crashes back to PSP Menu
Capcom Mini Mix (U) : Works apart from Final Fight
2 in 1 Sonic Battle and Pinball (J) : Crashes back to PSP Menu

poohter
October 9th, 2006, 20:08
RAYMAN WORKS!!!
with some quick and dirty haxing, i got a savefile patch working. now it skips the intro and gets right into rayman! http://rapidshare.de/files/36099332/..._____.sav.html

Datahax
October 9th, 2006, 20:56
Lunar Legend plays just about perfect :D

*~blows party horn upon reaching 100 posts~*

Jpdeathblade
October 9th, 2006, 21:56
Like to see that data is a weird al fan =P (i got the song on me psp)

I love how pokemon dungeon red works now! I watched my bro play blue for ds and he keeps making fun of me bc I cant play red...will he be surprized =P

KH crashes as you know...i think I can wait for gpsp09...

Datahax
October 9th, 2006, 22:12

I love how pokemon dungeon red works now! I watched my bro play blue for ds and he keeps making fun of me bc I cant play red...will he be surprized =P

Big weird al fan, own every album.
*stomps on a weasel*

Oh and Sonic Advance 3 works great, small graphical glitches but very minor.

Roxas
October 10th, 2006, 01:25
Dude u ROCK!! U made my day.

wowzors
October 10th, 2006, 03:04
The Legend of Zelda - The Minish Cap:
Runs great! Crashes when you get the map (set frame skip to 40 to avoid). Cannot cut down bushes.

Game now works flawlessly with 0 frame skip may slow down in some cases but runs great....all the way until the Temple of Droplets where it crashes at the final boss there with a blue screen of death.

SwingBlade
October 10th, 2006, 03:21
Can anyone configure YGO Duel Academy or (higher priority to me) World Championship 2006 to work on 0.8? I suppose that, if I have to, I can wait till I get my DS homebrew kit, or just keep playing it on my PC, but eh. I'd rather use my PSP :)

Roxas
October 10th, 2006, 04:39
The Legend of Zelda - The Minish Cap:
Runs great! Crashes when you get the map (set frame skip to 40 to avoid). Cannot cut down bushes.

Game now works flawlessly with 0 frame skip may slow down in some cases but runs great....all the way until the Temple of Droplets where it crashes at the final boss there with a blue screen of death.

Wat??? U might have the wrong bio cuz the problem now with minish is now when ur about to fight the temple boss it crash.

wowzors
October 10th, 2006, 04:44

reread it roxas i mentioned that :)

sirhax0r
October 10th, 2006, 13:23
Well... it works fine for me, just avoid the left side of the room and it should work fine.
Oh, and Mother 3 (J) crashes when you dash into Draco.

Vega
October 10th, 2006, 14:39

KH works past the cut scene.. use the (E) dump and unzip it.

SwingBlade
October 10th, 2006, 18:11
Can anyone configure YGO Duel Academy or (higher priority to me) World Championship 2006 to work on 0.8? I suppose that, if I have to, I can wait till I get my DS homebrew kit, or just keep playing it on my PC, but eh. I'd rather use my PSP :)

I guess no one has any suggestions for my issue? =[

noeleyc
October 10th, 2006, 23:26
Is there a version of Yoshi's Island that works properly on version 0.8? I've tried 2 that both crash on the intro animation (which was messed up after the title screen)

Tideuz
October 10th, 2006, 23:27
Summon Night - Still crashes at random spots
Medabots Medabee Version - Crashes at random spots
Megaman Battle network 4 and 6- dont save just use the save state thing =P
Golden Sun- Runs ALOT faster
Golden Sun 2 - Buggy graphics

AtariFreek
October 11th, 2006, 00:09
Kingdom Hearts CoM Works Perfect with Frameskip 0 on gpsp 0.8

BL4Z3D247
October 11th, 2006, 00:12
lol this has been said atleast 3 or 4 times ;) and i perfer FS 1 now, 0 felt a little laggy(but i guess it's taste that comes into play here)

Alkaida
October 11th, 2006, 00:19
version 0.8 is out?

JKKDARK
October 11th, 2006, 00:20
version 0.8 is out?
yes ;)

Alkaida
October 11th, 2006, 01:51

Wrong bud... There are some gracphic glitchs (the intro very bad) um FS of 1-2 0= sound glitch

Hasnt crashed yet in the ten mins of play\

AND v0.08 IS awesome!

M!ckeY
October 11th, 2006, 02:09
Wrong bud... There are some gracphic glitchs (the intro very bad) um FS of 1-2 0= sound glitch

Hasnt crashed yet in the ten mins of play\

AND v0.08 IS awesome!
i agree with atarifreak, kindom hearts runs great at FS-0 on gpSP v0.8...don't know why yours needs to be set higher

BL4Z3D247
October 11th, 2006, 02:49
i agree with atarifreak, kindom hearts runs great at FS-0 on gpSP v0.8...don't know why yours needs to be set higher
like i said FS 0 seems i little laggy, i put mine to FS 1 and it plays perfect(obviously smoother than FS 0 ;))

Tideuz
October 11th, 2006, 03:11
Dragonball Z Buu's Fury doesnt let you start a profile =x
Golden Sun isnt working properly o.o freezes sometimes in mid battle
The Law of Ueki game doesnt start up properly o.o

AtariFreek
October 11th, 2006, 05:03
I don't know why, but i like FS 0 on all games, it seems, smoother somehow....Oh and Kingdom Hearts will run fine through the entire game UNTIL you put your PSP into hold. When you turn it back on it crashes.

tophead420
October 11th, 2006, 08:21
i need to play kindom hearts i never really played it to much i have to download it i think lol but yea i was wondering if anyone has tryed to play banjo kazooie gruntys revenge when i try to play it i get to the part where banjo walks outside then it cuts to the gameboy boot screen then restarts can anyone help out or try it out to see what u think it is also a few more games do this to (games on previous releases that gave you a bad jump message) thanks if anyone can figure this out

EDIT:: ok i just tryed kindom hearts and it doesnt work for me it frezes right after i start the game freezes and makes weird sounds on an fmv sequence what version works id lie to play this lol

Gabba Gandalf
October 11th, 2006, 17:36
how can i get the new yu-gi-oh and mario power tennis to work

Alkaida
October 11th, 2006, 23:25
Ok.. Kingdom hearts has crashed on me for about 5 times...FS1-2 when it crashs it just freezes nothing else. And river city randson doesn't work any more

Alkaida
October 11th, 2006, 23:27
I don't know why, but i like FS 0 on all games, it seems, smoother somehow....Oh and Kingdom Hearts will run fine through the entire game UNTIL you put your PSP into hold. When you turn it back on it crashes.

You mean standby? Maybe thats why i wa crashing..

SwingBlade
October 12th, 2006, 02:13
how can i get the new yu-gi-oh and mario power tennis to work

I think we're being ignored on YGO, Gabba. :(

AtariFreek
October 12th, 2006, 02:31
Yeah, i meant standby.

tophead420
October 12th, 2006, 08:32
Ok.. Kingdom hearts has crashed on me for about 5 times...FS1-2 when it crashs it just freezes nothing else. And river city randson doesn't work any more
make sure your using the European version of kingdom hearts i found out the hard way and had to redownload it lol but ye try that and if it dont work then i dont know what to tell you and is anyone gonna update this compatibility list :p cus id say its that time but thats just me id like to se what new games work lol

Alkaida
October 13th, 2006, 20:01
Hey any one know how to get my favorite RPG/Fighter to work? River city randson is pretty sweat, and i would realy like to know if any one knows if there is a way to get it to work.

Tophead i save before i quit and i havn't crashed so maybe i have euro or standby deletes the ram data and the game trys to rebot data.file but can't so it just stop all processes.

(Lol tophead, that pic of them lighting a dube is funny.)

drock82
October 14th, 2006, 18:37
games that runs perfectly and with sound
earthworm jim(ue)
mario kart-super circuit (e)
x-men reign of apocalypse(ue)
namco museum (j)
turok evolution (m5)
defender of the crown(u)
virtua tennis (u)
superman-countdown to apokolips (e) (m3)
max payne (u)
double dragon advance (j)
007 everything or nothing (j)
super mario ball (j)
legend of zelda:the minish cap (u)
yoshi-topsy turvy (u)
board game classics (u)
ultimate spiderman (u)
cars(I)
lego star wars 2-the original trilogy (u)

games that crash
river city ransom (u)
kirby and the amazing mirror (e) (m5)
mario party advance 4 (u)
ultimate arcade games (u)
rocky (e) (m5)

drock82
October 15th, 2006, 15:03
even though this may seem like a no brainer but some games like yoshi topsy turvy uses the infrared sensor if i can recall i dont remember the first gameboy advance having a sensor-anyway the game is real cool but in order to play it the psp have to react to the tilting techniques i think this feature would be a great addition to this emulator since the psp does have a sensor!!!

nemoseiya
October 16th, 2006, 05:43
hey can anyone test all the yu-gi-oh games and tell me if they load and if they do how well they run? I would greatly appreciate it

hyper sonic
October 16th, 2006, 23:34
1041-Sonic Pinball Party (U)

when you start story mode it resets and puts lines all over the screen

Sonic Epoch Advance

works perfectly except for two things
1.if you turn the console off and on the game becomes glitchy
2. one level is unpassable

BurningRage
October 17th, 2006, 14:10
Riviera - The promised land crashes after about 20 seconds, sound's a complete mess, too

Apoklepz
October 17th, 2006, 18:36
Games I've tested and work like a charm on FrameSkip 1 or less:

- Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap (U)
- Mario Kart II:Super Circuit (U)
- Megaman Zero [1 to 3] (U) tested 4 (EU)
- Astro Boy (U) ...and what a fun game this is!!! Try it!
- Metal Slug Advance (U)
- Metroid Zero Mission (U) Major slowdown in huge boss fights...rest works fine.
- Metroid Fusion (U) Same issues with slowdown here...but who cares, it's Metroid :)
- Gekido Advance:Kintaro's Revenge (U) ...best graphics on a GBA beat em up, ever...but the music could use some variety.XP
- Double Dragon Advance (U) ...Some sprite corruption(mainly lines) but it plays fine...If you know this series, you've got to play this one...it's a remake of the first original game with added moves from the rest of the series, and a special homage to the Matrix movies...It's worth a play.
- Final Fight ONE(U)
- Wario Ware Inc. (U)

...Currently looking for Mega Man Advance Anniversary Collection, also known as Mega Mania...If anybody knows about it PM me...Thanks!

kiariki
October 17th, 2006, 20:50
even though this may seem like a no brainer but some games like yoshi topsy turvy uses the infrared sensor if i can recall i dont remember the first gameboy advance having a sensor-anyway the game is real cool but in order to play it the psp have to react to the tilting techniques i think this feature would be a great addition to this emulator since the psp does have a sensor!!!

It does? Seriously? I didn't know the PSP had a sensor... Hrmmmm... That would cool...

Alkaida
October 17th, 2006, 23:54
It does? Seriously? I didn't know the PSP had a sensor... Hrmmmm... That would cool...

All a zensor is , is a liquified metal in a tube (glass) sence it is glass the air won't cause it to combust.

acn010
October 18th, 2006, 00:55
pokemon red rescue team works full speed....
oh and mario vs. donkey kong works full speed also, BUT!!! the mini marios cant jump and bounce on the spring thingy in the first level..........:(

Alkaida
October 18th, 2006, 02:47
Some one else should update the list and then post it becaus the person who started the list is lazy, and wont' do it himself.

Whats astro boy like?

Tideuz
October 18th, 2006, 03:31
Fire Emblem Sacred Stones works so far o.o
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance also works....so far lol

tophead420
October 18th, 2006, 08:35
ATV Thunder Ridge Racers (U) - works but slow use frame skip 2 to speed it up a lil itll still be a bit slow

Rock Um Sock Um Robots (U)- works great sounds a bit choppy but hey its rock um sock um robots lmao thats so awesome

Apoklepz
October 18th, 2006, 21:28
Whats astro boy like?

Glad you asked...

It's kinda like Megaman meets Bubble Bobble with killer graphics, level ups like in RPG's and a very faithful storyline to the old Anime. It's really fun to play.

latino_partyboy
October 20th, 2006, 01:19
Not Sure if this has been written but Rayman Advance Works with the 10th Aneversary addition, it will crash but when you reload you can begin from the map and the game works 100% with frame skip 3

nemoseiya
October 20th, 2006, 02:10
anyone know which megaman games work?

Tideuz
October 20th, 2006, 12:45
for me Megaman Battle network 3 works and saves fine but 4 and 6 you just gotta use save state to save it o.o also...does anyone know if Summon Night 2 (U) works? rom is out =P

*Edit* never mind =P Summon Night 2 (U) works....played 3 hours no crashes or anything =D

ArchAngel
October 21st, 2006, 16:36
SUmmon Night for me crashes with the blue screen of death at the first arena battle... any fixes?

tuta
October 23rd, 2006, 07:12
Anybody know if theres a list of games that dun work while saving ingame?

So far these games don't work for me while saving ingame(Not save states ,saving like playing a real GBA)

Summon Night(U)
Castlevania Hamony of Dissonance(U)
Castlevania aria of Sorrow(U)
Castlevania Circle of The Moon(U)
Pokemon Fire Red(U)

I am using GpSP 0.8 with original bios

DPyro
October 25th, 2006, 23:44
I'm still having trouble with The Legend of Zelda - The Minish Cap (U)...Sometimes my save game in game is lost...lucky I made a save state, but it takes like 3 minutes to save. I'm now at the boss battle vs. Big Octorok (Temple of Droplets) and the game crashes after I've beaten the first stage of the battle :(

shadowhawk22
October 26th, 2006, 02:50
Hey, I am really thankful for the great work going into this emulator. I just had one suggestion about this thread. Why doesn't the original poster update his/her post, so that we only need to look at the first post to see all of the compatability list. Its been a couple months, and still not updated. I dunno, it would solve a lot of issues about Minish Cap, etc.

Thanks for listenin.

tophead420
October 26th, 2006, 07:36
Hey, I am really thankful for the great work going into this emulator. I just had one suggestion about this thread. Why doesn't the original poster update his/her post, so that we only need to look at the first post to see all of the compatability list. Its been a couple months, and still not updated. I dunno, it would solve a lot of issues about Minish Cap, etc.

Thanks for listenin.
ye i agree man this compat list needs to be updated cuase having to look through all these posts is really annoying lol maybe somone will be kind enough to update it i may do it but i dont have some of the games if people are willing to help out ( so that games i dont have can be put on the list to) i would do it :p

tophead420
October 26th, 2006, 10:50
right now im bored so i decided to start updating the compat list im still workin on it and its gettin about time for me to go to sleep but ill try to get it to you who need it soon but for now i need sleep and i wont be home tommorrow till late so ill finish it then lol

mnuhaily22
October 26th, 2006, 13:23
This is good, thanks man.

tophead420
October 27th, 2006, 06:02
well as i said heres what i got so far of compatibal workin games its not a completed list but im still trying to get it done but heres what i got so far if oyu see something thats not on here pm me and illl add it to the list. And i also am workin on a compat list on my forums you can see it here http://z6.invisionfree.com/TopsPSP/index.php? and ill update it has often as i can :p :p

edit:::lmao this is so off topic but dont u find it odd this is my 302nd post and posted it on 3:02 hmmmm crazy:cool:

four_add
October 28th, 2006, 11:40
Scourge crashes... blue screen of death :confused:

Silence_Knight
October 30th, 2006, 06:48
I just wanted to post and tell you guys Final Fantasy Tactics Advance runs really well. Durring battle the music can lag just a bit and the graphics can too, but overall when compared to actually playing the game on the GBA I would give it a 90%. It runs at full speed, it just has a few very minor glitches here and there.

I'm using a 1.5 PSP and I just beat the herb finding mission (so I've only been playing for 35-40 min.), so for all I know it could screw up soon.

tophead420
October 30th, 2006, 08:34
I just wanted to post and tell you guys Final Fantasy Tactics Advance runs really well. Durring battle the music can lag just a bit and the graphics can too, but overall when compared to actually playing the game on the GBA I would give it a 90%. It runs at full speed, it just has a few very minor glitches here and there.

I'm using a 1.5 PSP and I just beat the herb finding mission (so I've only been playing for 35-40 min.), so for all I know it could screw up soon.

nah man dont worry iv beatin like 22 missions on it so far and like 14 hours of gameplay with no crash i thinks its got perfect compatiblity lol:p :p

UltimaMasamune
October 30th, 2006, 14:08
how is tales of phantasia

Silence_Knight
October 30th, 2006, 20:08

nah man dont worry iv beatin like 22 missions on it so far and like 14 hours of gameplay with no crash i thinks its got perfect compatiblity lol:p :p

I just wanted to post this because I didn't see it on the list.

shadowhawk22
November 2nd, 2006, 05:15
I think we should take it upon ourselves to test games, and have Tophead update the list. So we have 1 person that is keeping the list updated... Anyway, post here with more game compatibility news. Thanks

tophead420
November 2nd, 2006, 06:52
I just wanted to post this because I didn't see it on the list.

was it not on my list i could swear i put it on thier lol

I think we should take it upon ourselves to test games, and have Tophead update the list. So we have 1 person that is keeping the list updated... Anyway, post here with more game compatibility news. Thanks

ye man great idea cuase i cant test all games cuz i dont have them lol but i do have a good collection and i have tryed a few new games and have a lot more of mine to put on the list (only workin games are on my list right now) but ye i think you have the right idea you guys keep on posting what works and ill update it and btw head to my forums (in my sig:p ) where i have my own compat list so you dont have to dl a text doc and i update it a lil more but i will still upload the text doc for download:D :D :D :D

Hobobo
November 4th, 2006, 10:48
For some reason, when I try to load Kirby: Amazing mirror it crashes.

I go into the game, load up a game file then it just comes up with a blue screen saying "We regret to inform you that your psp just crashed"
or something along that.

Exophase
November 6th, 2006, 07:45
Scourge crashes... blue screen of death :confused:

I've found the problem. This game doesn't exist. ;P

Seriously though, is this an actual GBA game, or is it a homebrew game or something? Or did you just get the name wrong, because I can't find any information on it anywhere...

markbarkins
November 6th, 2006, 15:31
Just thought I'd post it cuz I didn't see em here,

Zone OF The Enders: Fist of Mars. Played all the way through, works great. Only glitch is minor graphics glitch that only shows up on title screens right before battles.

CIMA: The Enemy, No glitches yet, through dungeon 3.

BTW: Does Riviera really work with the "correct" bios? I've tried several and none of them work.

EDIT: FYI Scurge (not scourge) does exist, though it was just released. Four_Add, make sure you have a good dump of Scurge and a good bios. If that's not the probelm, wait for the next release.

Exophase
November 7th, 2006, 11:32
BTW: Does Riviera really work with the "correct" bios? I've tried several and none of them work.

Yes, it works.. your several are probably all the same bad one ;P

EDIT: FYI Scurge (not scourge) does exist, though it was just released. Four_Add, make sure you have a good dump of Scurge and a good bios. If that's not the probelm, wait for the next release.

Okay, I'll try to find it....

acn010
November 7th, 2006, 13:11
mini marios on mario vs. donkey kong cant jump on the spring htingy, why?

M!ckeY
November 7th, 2006, 20:12
Maybe they are retarded :D lol..joking. The mini marios on mine jump just fine one spring thingy.

acn010
November 7th, 2006, 20:16
Maybe they are retarded :D lol..joking. The mini marios on mine jump just fine one spring thingy.

waht region version you got? cause i tried the european one :confused:

M!ckeY
November 7th, 2006, 20:17
I have the US version.

acn010
November 7th, 2006, 20:20
I have the US version.

oh, thats why, meh
lol your character tifa!?!?! lmao!!!
sorry man
thanks ill try the us region game once my screen is delivered

M!ckeY
November 7th, 2006, 20:23
Alright, hope it works for you. :)

And yeah, i decided to see which FF character i was and apparently that's who i am..>.>

Apoklepz
November 7th, 2006, 20:40
So, is it true?... did you get a boob reduction before shooting FVIII:AC? LMAO. Just messing with ya M!ckey :)

I'm having problems with these three, sorry if they've already been discussed here...I'm lazy to read today.

- Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga (U) - Game freeze upon first battle with Bowser.

- Kindom Hearts:CoM (U) - Nasty freeze upon first CG clip.

- Yoshi's Island (U) - Blackout freeze upon selecting a game file.

- Capcom Mini Collection (U) - Games play weird and freeze quickly.

Anybody have a copy of the MegaMan Anniversary Collection? please PM me...I'm not asking for this illegaly as I already own the actual cart for Mega Mania Advance...I just can't find the rom.gba file anywhere.

acn010
November 7th, 2006, 20:40
tifa is hot!!! yet, they reduced her boobs in small size <.<

So, is it true?... did you get a boob reduction before shooting FVIII:AC? LMAO. Just messing with ya M!ckey :)

I'm having problems with these three, sorry if they've already been discussed here...I'm lazy to read today.

- Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga (U) - Game freeze upon first battle with Bowser.

- Kindom Hearts:CoM (U) - Nasty freeze upon first CG clip.

- Yoshi's Island (U) - Blackout freeze upon selecting a game file.

- Capcom Mini Collection (U) - Games play weird and freeze quickly.

yeah, i tried them too, they dont work either for me.
on kindom hearts get the european version..
the rest itried them, no use for them yet

M!ckeY
November 7th, 2006, 20:44
tifa is hot!!! yet, they reduced her boobs in small size <.<

yeah, i tried them too, they dont work either for me.
on kindom hearts get the european version..
the rest itried them, no use for them yet

The hell...:D lmao!!

Also Kingdom Hearts US version works fine for me:confused:

acn010
November 7th, 2006, 20:48
thats a lie!!
it doesnt work, you must have another region game...

M!ckeY
November 7th, 2006, 20:50
Me, a liar!!!! never!!

I have the US version!! i wish i could prove it, but i can't!!.

acn010
November 7th, 2006, 20:52
they're people who has the same problem and got the euro version, how can it work for you? what version of the emu you got?

Apoklepz
November 7th, 2006, 20:53
The US KH messes up for me as soon as Sora looks up like an idiot in the fist CG sequence....but I'm glad you got it working. :) BTW, I got this...if it helps remedy your pain.lol

Also, I'm not saying you're a liar...it's been proven that there's a couple of diferent GBA.BIOS files circling around...some games work in this emu depending on the Bios file you might be using.

http://www.ff-fan.com/chartest/banners/terra.jpg

M!ckeY
November 7th, 2006, 20:55
That's what i can't figure out, most of the games i have are US, and they all work fine. I have gpSp v0.8

@ Apoklepz
LMAO!!!! :D

acn010
November 7th, 2006, 20:59
you see M!ckeY? not only me or Apoklepz couldn't make it work and i have the same version as you...

Apoklepz
November 7th, 2006, 21:04
Yeah, I had a problem with a copy of Metal Slug (U) that I had working on my laptop through VBA...I would black out on the PSP, then I downloaded another Metal Slug rom, also (U) from one of many famous rom servers, and apparently it works without any problems...go figure

M!ckeY
November 7th, 2006, 21:04
I do believe that save data from diffrent region games does not work when switched around. If this is true, i could send you my save data, and you can try it out for yourself. If loads maybe my assumptions where incorrect, or i have the European version.

Apoklepz
November 7th, 2006, 21:10
Righty roo...that's a statement. I'll try it out later.
How far in the game are you? I've beaten it four times around on the real deal through my Cube. It is a really addicting game...Would've never known about it if it weren't for Shadowblind.

BTW acn010, thanks for the heads up on those game problems...Maybe Exophase will have em tweaked in future updates...but I can wait, there's heck too much of other homebrew on PSP to go around :)

acn010
November 7th, 2006, 21:13
its must be euro

M!ckeY
November 7th, 2006, 21:15
I'm like 10 minutes into the game :D

takeshineale10001212
November 8th, 2006, 18:46
pokemon firered plays ok

takeshineale10001212
November 14th, 2006, 21:17
pokemon Sapphire Version Crashes

Mr.Giggles
November 21st, 2006, 22:22
I was wondering which version of Kirby and the Amazing Mirrors work. I have tried 1560-Kirby and the Amazing Mirrors (E) and 1716-Kirby and the Amazing Mirrors (U) versions of the game and they both don't seem to work. Any help?

shadowhawk22
November 22nd, 2006, 00:37
I am SOO dissapointed!

It says that Minish Cap runs perfect, and it does, up until you get on top of the waterfall, up on the North East side of the map. Once you climb the little rock cliff, the PSP crashes... I read that if you set frame skip to >40 it should work, but it still crashes! I have spent 3 days playing this game, and it is all lost if this fails, right? Anyone have a fix? Anyone have any suggestions?

Please edit the Minish Cap entry to account for this crash... I am so dissapointed :-(

cool_kid
November 22nd, 2006, 15:48
as i said on the other gpSP realese thread:

I've just tested 4 roms lol :P

Pokemon: FireRed, ChaosBlack and Ruby

They all work 100% for me

Zelda: Minish Cap

Works 100%, until the fourth temple boss (the octorok), in there i get this message: I'm sorry to regret this, but your psp just crashed and what file it doesn't load and bla bla bla....

Exophase
November 22nd, 2006, 19:51
I am SOO dissapointed!

It says that Minish Cap runs perfect, and it does, up until you get on top of the waterfall, up on the North East side of the map. Once you climb the little rock cliff, the PSP crashes... I read that if you set frame skip to >40 it should work, but it still crashes! I have spent 3 days playing this game, and it is all lost if this fails, right? Anyone have a fix? Anyone have any suggestions?

Please edit the Minish Cap entry to account for this crash... I am so dissapointed :-(

These crashes must have been reported dozens of times, if you read anywhere you'd see that...

You're just going to have to wait for it to be fixed.

prbbyprieto
November 23rd, 2006, 01:21
i have gpsp for 2.8 n almost every rom i try to play it crashes

prbbyprieto
November 23rd, 2006, 01:23
i want to play pokemon fire red can someone post a link

JKKDARK
November 23rd, 2006, 01:56
i want to play pokemon fire red can someone post a link

about?

PSMan62
November 24th, 2006, 03:21
why YES, we CAN
but NO, we're not gonna
cuz ur not supposed 2 ASK 4 ROMs

and aslo, Summon Night crashes during the battle w/ claves, so it is NOT perfect

and aslo, EDIT ur post instea of posting again and again

prophecy
November 24th, 2006, 21:38
this might not be the right place to put this but here goes:

i have LOZ minish cap running on gpsp and when i get the the temply of droplets boss it crashes every time just befor the boss is dead. if ne1 has a patch out there it would be great. plz PM me if u have any details.

M Dash
November 25th, 2006, 13:01
Here's a little compatibility list made by me with/for gpSP_kai_23:

Sonic Advance 2 (USA) -> Runs 99%.

Crashes at the end of the game, where the pictures of the caracters are showned in mid-air.
Crashes if you try to enter the Tiny chao garden.

Sonic Advance 3 (USA) -> Runs 100%!

0576 - Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance (EUR) -> Runs 99%.

Has a little problem with the save game feature.
The save should be 64KB, but instead he saves has a 32KB file. BUT, if you already have a save of the game that is 64KB, when you re-save, the save will be OK, because he will only overwrite the 32KB part of the file that where modified and NOT the entire file. At least, that's the problem I think.

Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance (USA) -> Same as EUR version.

four_add
November 26th, 2006, 07:53
Yggdra Union works with gpsp0.8
eveyting runs well. since its 32MB, you hafta unzip it first :)

not here anymore
November 26th, 2006, 21:38
FFVI report:
Intro is OK.
Starting the game works OK.
There is some display problems in Narshe, the first town after the intro. (some graphics missing).
There is a big bug for battles, as soon as entering the battle, screen turns black and the game freezes (music keeps on playing though).
If you had another experience with ff6gba & gpsp, please let me know!
Later,

TSR

jvgfanatic2
November 27th, 2006, 21:56
Yggdra Union works with gpsp0.8
eveyting runs well. since its 32MB, you hafta unzip it first :)

Tried saving?

four_add
November 28th, 2006, 18:53
Tried saving?

saving with the save state works! :) havent tried the in-game save :D

CrazyRabbit
November 28th, 2006, 22:37
Isn't work on gpSP kai 2.4

Country .....: USA
Language ..: English
Release Date : 18.10.2006
System ......: Gameboy Advance
Filename ..: rs-ljhf.zip |
Size ........: 64 Mbit
Supplier ..: Team USA |
__/____/.____| _|_
\\ _| _

JREDMAN2o3
December 2nd, 2006, 23:02
how many of these games that "work perfectly" were compressed using the GBA ROM COMPRESSION TOOL? Some of the one that say perfect didn't work for me untill i researched more and found out about the rom tool. I see questions on here about pokemon and the three versions i have played, i tried every version before the compression and they didn't work, now all work. Not sure how many people know about this but it has made almost all the games i want work.

johnsmith555
December 3rd, 2006, 00:41
wat compression tool

johnsmith555
December 3rd, 2006, 00:41
because i have problems with many of the roms they dont work but in the list it says the work perfectly

240-185
December 6th, 2006, 22:26
Some ROMS working on gpSP 0.8:

Advance Wars 2 (E) - Seems to work.
Atomic Betty (U) - Bad jump
Spongebob Squarepants the Movie (E) - Bad jump
Eragon (E) - Works.
Hugo 2 in 1 (E) - Works.
Baphomet (E) - Works.
Scurge Hive (E) - BSoD
Totally Spies 2 Undercover (E) - Works.
Titeuf Méga Compét' (France) - Launches, but serious gfx bugs.
Taxi 3 (France) - Vidéo is as crappy as KHCOM intro. Sound is choppy.
Pocket Music (E) - Works, but, er... does that produce music???
Worms World Party (E) - Works
Yoshi's Island (E) - Screen is messed up, game freezes for a while, intro is buggy (instead of jumping, Yoshi is pushing nothing)
Polarium (E) - Works.
GTA Advance (E) - Bad jump.

240-185
December 7th, 2006, 21:16
Rayman Raving Rabbids (UE) - Works. Frameskip of 1.

BurningRage
December 10th, 2006, 11:40
Super Mario Advance 3 - Yoshi's Island (U) - works fine until the game tries to save the first time, then it just tries saving on and on :-(

Yggdra Union - We'll Never Fight Alone (U) - works fine but you cannot save in-game

Avatar - The Last Airbender (U) - seems to run perfectly

Gold Line
December 10th, 2006, 12:10
Tested with gpsp08

Dragon Ball Z Legacy Of Goku 2 - Perfect

Beyblade G Revolution - Full speed but has some graphics glitches and sound is very bad runs best on 1 frame skip

Sonic Advance - Perfect

Castlevania Aria of Sorrow - Perfect

Advance Wars - Full speed but has bad sound

Pokemon Emerald - Perfect

Dragon Ball Z Legacy Of Goku - Crashes just befor intro

Sonic Advance 2 - Perfect but some sound trouble

Kingdom Harts Chain Of Memores - Perfect but can crash befor intro

Beyblade V Force - Perfect litle sound troble

Sonic Advance 3 - Perfect

Pokemon fire red - Perfect but has some sound glitches

pokemon mystery dungeon red rescue team - perfect

Mario kart super circuit - perfect

Yu Gi Oh Eternal Duelist Soul - perfect

240-185
December 15th, 2006, 13:38
Some news since 0.9 version has been released:

Asterix & Obelix XXL (E) - Sound is a bit choppy, but works.
Mario Party Advance (E) - Launches, 3 seconds of game, BSoD appears then XD
Scurge Hive (E) - Works.
Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga (E) - Works.
Duke Nukem Advance (U) - Still slow, but no gfx glitches.
Sword od Mana (E) - BSoD after naming the hero.

irishwhip
December 15th, 2006, 15:54
i searched this thread, and didn't find it, so here:
breath of fire 2(E) and (U) both give me the blue screen of death on v0.9
legend of zelda: link to the past (E) full speed with slight sound issues on v0.9 (reported as slow in the compat list)i'm about half an hour in, and it hasn't crashed

shadowhawk22
December 15th, 2006, 17:36
I loaded up my old savestate for Minish Cap, and passed by the giant "Head" atop Vael Falls. I passed by that area w/o crashing at all. I am reporting Minish Cap working perfectly now, as far as I can tell. But people, if some1 experiences an issue, report it here. Thanks.

Gold Line
December 15th, 2006, 19:28
Dragon Ball Z Buu's Fury works

mavsman4457
December 16th, 2006, 02:45
Has anyone tried Fifa yet?

scarph
December 16th, 2006, 03:45
with the advent of 0.9
ninja 5-0 works perfectly

congrats

Veskgar
December 16th, 2006, 05:22
I loaded up my old savestate for Minish Cap, and passed by the giant "Head" atop Vael Falls. I passed by that area w/o crashing at all. I am reporting Minish Cap working perfectly now, as far as I can tell. But people, if some1 experiences an issue, report it here. Thanks.
Yes, a big focus of 0.9 was getting the following games to work 100%:

1.) Zelda - Minish Cap
2.) Mario vs. Donkey Kong
3.) Mario & Luigi - Superstar Saga

With gpSP 0.9 all 3 of those games should now be working 100%. Of course other games are fixed as well. But those 3 in particular working at 100% makes gpSP 0.9 an exceptional achievment.

Thanks again Exophase!

Veskgar
December 16th, 2006, 05:37
Sword od Mana (E) - BSoD after naming the hero.
Sword of Mana (U) works great on 0.9. Gets past the naming of character just fine.

not here anymore
December 16th, 2006, 13:20
Sword of Mana (U) always worked great, even on 0.8, so it doesn't help regarding compat of the (E) version.
Later,

TSR

240-185
December 16th, 2006, 14:19
Mmmm... I don't even think that it is a (E) version, as only French & German languages are available on the ROM I have... :/

shadowhawk22
December 16th, 2006, 17:03
Vestgar, thank you so much for your straight forward explanation. It is so nice to know that these games should in fact work 100%. I sorta figured that from testing it myself, but it is really nice to hear others agree. This thread is so helpful. I'm off to test Mario vs. Donkey Kong and Mario & Luigi - Superstar Saga. Thanks guys!

Cheers,

zubieta
December 17th, 2006, 03:56
my megaman battle network 6: cybeast falzer wont save, and the megaman zero 4 crashes when I beat dr.wily

shadowhawk22
December 17th, 2006, 05:03
I am so grateful there is a thread out there that shows all the games compatibility... But has anyone ever compiled this data, to one solid list? I realize there is a list on page 1, but that is months and months old. And one guy says he started, yet I can't find the updated list anywhere. So, do you guys know of one place to find a solid list (so I can just use it to locate my games, and immediately see if they work)? I am not ungrateful, just trying to be efficient. Thanks!!

berman
December 17th, 2006, 05:25
well, i've seen this compatibility list and i have found some inconsistences, first of all, what kind of roms do you all use? since i dump all of my roms from my own cartridges, i can see some of these "good" dumps dont work on this emulator and are listed on the compatibility list has playable... like Pokemon Emerald... though i have found some versions on the net that do work on this emulator... maybe you all should make a compatibility list of "good" dumps only or at least mark wheter the rom is a good dump, or from other source (something like flags) so we all can tell which kind of roms are working, i wold prefer to use only No-Intro ones but the world isnt perfect... but it could be... :)
-----------
Edit:
Sorry, i just tryed decompressing the rom and it works now :p sorry for the trouble...

Boardman2411
December 17th, 2006, 20:35
sorry if it has already been posted, but robot wars - advanced destruction works perfectly

Tron_Fan
December 18th, 2006, 05:20
Tron 2.0 Killer App Crashes. Works OK on Kai 2.6

Cloud_35
December 18th, 2006, 22:05
Scurge: Hive-Runs and sounds perfect, only with some minimal glitches when entring another area and generally, in every change of screen.

It's the only new one I've tested. But the emulator's great!!! I missed 007 EoN, but I'm trying some other ones

Note:Heh, sorry!! someone already checked it:D. Anyway, I'm searching Daredevil and the NES remakes for checking.

kiariki
December 20th, 2006, 00:12
GADARF IT!!! XD Grand Theft Auto Advance and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon still don't work... >_> Darned 32MB games...

240-185
December 20th, 2006, 20:59
Arthur and the Minimoys (E) - Works.

Hey, what are these axes? :D

Cloud_35
December 20th, 2006, 21:26
Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow (U)-Perfect

Rayman Raving Rabbids(U)-Almost Perfect, some flashes

Super Robot Taisen:Original Generations 1 and 2-Both perfect

Daredevil-Perfect

Ninja FiveO-Perfect

I'm trying Riviera:The Promised Land, and KH, though you said it won't work...

shadowhawk22
December 21st, 2006, 19:36
It appears that most games have been tested... Is this thread ever going to be copied over to a single list, where someone can look up games they own and see immediately how they run? Several people have stepped forward saying they want to do this, any results yet?

Thanks,
Hawk

buz888
December 23rd, 2006, 11:54
0602 - Egg Mania (U) - white screen of death :( freezes

0547 - Duke Nukem Advance (U) - Same kind of graphics issues as Doom...unplayable w/out getting a headache...awfully slow too

1185 - Oddworld - Munch's Oddysee (U) - F L A W L E S S

0038 - Pitfall - The Mayan Adventure (U) - Another flawless game!

im keeping a wordpad file of all the postings on this thread...anyone want it? cuz i cant organize it or anything, just using it to find games that have already been tested :)

Cant get Pitfall 0038 rom to run on my PSP it crashes in first section when I am on the tree. Using latest version gpsp 0.9 on psp 1.5 firmware. I just copied the gpsp 1.5 in the rar over to the PSP Game. No Exploit. Even with exploit it crashes.

Dont know what the problem is but I would really like to play this on the PSP. I have the original GBA which I have played a little on the gbaplayer attached to my gamecube but I would like to it play on my PSP.
Any help would be appreciated

Tron_Fan
December 24th, 2006, 04:02
Doom II
Doom
Duke Nukem Advance

All unplayable.

chrono75
December 24th, 2006, 23:28
OMFG MOTHER3 WORKS PERFECTLY!!

w00h00!! I'm Gonna cry and dance around the room!! AHAHAHAHAAA... Now, all I have to do is wander around in the game aimlessly in hopes that the fan translation prject for Mother 3 will get released in the near future.

Oh man, dude, you are the #@%@%@! MAN!!

kiariki
December 25th, 2006, 03:51
Fire Emblem VI (English Patch) now crashes whenever the characters fight. You can avoid this by setting the battle animation to off.

This used to work on 0.8. >_>

sonic3d
December 25th, 2006, 19:20
Driv3r ------------------------works perfectly with gpsp
sonic battle------------------works perfect!
mario party advacne ------works perfectly
metroid fusion and zero---work perfectly

thats all i have tested so far!
hope this can help anyone

Cloud_35
December 31st, 2006, 19:08
Here's more!

Rebelstar: Tactical Command-----Perfect
Final Fantasy IV----------------------Perfect
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance-----PERFECT!!!
Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas-Perfect
Metal Slug Advance------------------Perfect

240-185
January 2nd, 2007, 12:04
Road Rash Jailbreak (E) - Used to work until one of my friends managed to cause a BSoD :(
Back to Stone (France) - VERY SLOW.

240-185
January 5th, 2007, 11:13
Rythm Tengoku (J) - Works. Get it, or my Yoshi will gobble you!

onemic
January 7th, 2007, 07:34
advance wars 2(E) works. the (U) version(north american version) doesn't.

240-185
January 8th, 2007, 22:39
Any movie converted with Meteo AVI2GBA will work on gpSP.

BurningRage
January 10th, 2007, 15:29
Here's more!

Rebelstar: Tactical Command-----Perfect
Final Fantasy IV----------------------Perfect
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance-----PERFECT!!!
Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas-Perfect
Metal Slug Advance------------------Perfect

na, final fantasy TA freezes from time to time :mad:

EDIT: strangely nearly ALL my gba games freeze from time to time :mad:
looks like 0.9 has become a bit unstable

240-185
January 12th, 2007, 15:30
Swordcraft Story series (U) - bad jump.
Cartoon Network Collection etc GBA Video (UE)- about 20 seconds of video then the screen and the sound are messed up.

No game of the "Bit Generation" collection (J) will work. White screen. And that's all.

Tideuz
January 13th, 2007, 06:02
That's strange 240-185, The Swordcraft games work great for me...I only had a bad jump when trying to load old save states from the last gpsp

sakamoto
January 13th, 2007, 15:03
na, final fantasy TA freezes from time to time :mad:

EDIT: strangely nearly ALL my gba games freeze from time to time :mad:
looks like 0.9 has become a bit unstable

check if your gba_bios.bin has following checksum: a860e8c0b6d573d191e4ec7db1b1e4f6

BurningRage
January 14th, 2007, 11:31
well, yeah, i'm a noob, but how do i do this? :confused:

sakamoto
January 14th, 2007, 12:45
well, yeah, i'm a noob, but how do i do this? :confused:
here (http://www.etree.org/md5com.html) and also check the readme of gpSP. just copy the md5sum.exe in the right directory and use following command: c:\...\...\md5sum gba_bios.bin

lilmetal
January 15th, 2007, 04:24
Kingdom Hearts - Chain of Memoires works.

When it crashes at the opening movie, load an empty slot, and it will continue.

THE PREDATOR
January 17th, 2007, 07:44
I was just wondering if anyone can get any off the Bit Generation games to work I tried Dotstream and Dialhex but they failed to work.

IWantMyMTV
January 19th, 2007, 00:13
Just finished 'testing' my favorite GBA games this week. I have only used the most recent version of gpSP (v 0.9) so I don't know if some of these did or didn't work in previous releases.

All roms were U.S. I'll list the ones that didn't work first. The roms are not at fault since they work fine on my PC-based emulator (VisualBoy Advance). I have a virgin 1.5 firmware PSP...bought it with 1.5 and kept it at 1.5.

I didn't exhaustively test all roms. Just clicked through the intro sequences and played the game for 3-5 minutes, so there may be hang-ups I haven't reached.

I also included the error code from the Shining Soul 2 and Banjo Kazooie crash...the errors looked very similar, but mean nothing to me.

NOT WORKING...YET
Banjo Pilot - Black Screen (can still go to the gpSP menu)
Banjo Kazooie - Intro starts and then PSP goes to blue screen with following info:

Exception - Bus Error (Data)
EPC - 089F7A6C
Cause - 8000001C
Status - 60008613
BadVAddr - 00000000

PSP -Addr2Line -E Target.elf - F -C
0x89F7A6C 0x0 0x8F08A50

Final Fantasy IV - Intro starts and then hangs (at flying ships) and then turns off PSP
Kingdom Hearts - Graphical corruption and then hangs PSP (someone mentioned a fix)
Shining Soul 2 - Sega screen displays and then PSP goes to blue screen with the same info as above except the last hex address is 0x8F0875C

WORKING (Sweet!)
Advance War
Advance Wars 2
Baldur's Gate
Bomberman Tournament
Broken Sword - Shadow of the Templars
Castlevania - Aria of Sorrow
Castlevania - Circle of the Moon
Castlevania - Harmony of Dissonance
Dave Mirra's Freestyle BMX 2
Dr. Sudoku
Dungeons & Dragons - Eye of the Beholder
F-Zero - GP Legend
F-Zero - Maximum Velocity
Final Fantasy I & II
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy Tactics
Fire Emblem
Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones
Golden Sun
Golden Sun - The Lost Age
Gunstar Super Heroes
Harvest Moon - Friends of Mineral Town
Kirby - Nightmare in Dreamland
Konami Krazy Racers
LEGO Star Wars
LEGO Star Wars 2
Lufia - The Ruins of Lore
Mario & Luigi - Superstar Saga
Mario Golf
Mario Kart Super Circuit
Mario Party
Mario Tennis Power Tour (slow)
Mario vs Donkey Kong
Mech Platoon
Mega Man Battle Network 2
Mega Man Battle Network 3 Blue
Mega Man Zero
Mega Man Zero 3
Metroid - Zero Mission
Metroid Fusion
Namco Museum - 50th Anniversary
Ogre Tactics - Knight of Lodis
Phantasy Star Collection
Pokemon - Fire Red Version
Pokemon Sapphire
Racing Gears
Rayman & Rayman 3
Rebelstar
Shining Force - Ressurection of the Dark Dragon
Sonic Advance 3
Summon Night
Summon Night 2 - Swordcraft Story
Super Dodge Ball
Super Mario
Super Mario 3 - Yoshi's Island
Super Mario World
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 (slow)
Ultimate Card Games
Wario Land 4
Worms World Party
Zelda - Link to the Past & Four Swords
Zelda - The Minnish Cap

Thank you for an awesome emulator. I fell in love all over again with my PSP. I hope the error codes help.

Thanks again.

shadowhawk22
January 24th, 2007, 20:41
Great List IWantMyMTV, keep updating it, it is really nice to have someone compliling this stuff, since the new emulator came out it is a little tough to know what works great, and what still has problems. Thanks.

jak33
January 25th, 2007, 02:08
please someone tell me where you found these, iv searched everywhere, reply or send me a
PM

SkyeHawk
January 25th, 2007, 02:34
Has anyone compiled a compatibility list for the latest version? This topic's a bit of a mish-mash right now!

shadowhawk22
February 1st, 2007, 06:26
Someone should. I'd really respect 'em for it.

Shadowblind
February 2nd, 2007, 18:39
Add: Yggdra Union, runs perfect.

KH-CoM starts, then freezes with textural errors.

nemoseiya
February 3rd, 2007, 17:38
Does anyone know what the latest release for this great emulator is?

scottyboynow
February 3rd, 2007, 18:07
Here (http://www.google.co.uk)
Google is a web surfers best friend.

madcat1990
February 5th, 2007, 20:06
Kingdom hearts : Chain of memories
Crashes at the movie in the beginning

nemoseiya
February 6th, 2007, 01:10
does anyone else who's not an a55h@le want to give me a link to the latest release of this emulator?, i'd really appreciate it

Yobumtin
February 6th, 2007, 03:21
CLICKY (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46046)

He wasn't being an asshole. He was just pointing out that you could search on Google for it. And even on DCEMU. But yeah. Thats the latest release. Enjoy :]

Shadowblind
February 6th, 2007, 03:33
Klonoa EoD, Klonoa 2 DCT, and Klonoa 2 LoSM all work on gpsp full speed, LoSM has a little lag.

Load an empty save state on KH: CoM when the intro movie freezes. It'll keep running.

damienarcangel
February 7th, 2007, 01:33
Final Fantasy VI Advance (U) works with some graphic errors.

tuta
February 7th, 2007, 13:03
Final Fantasy VI Advance (U) works with some graphic errors.

yea and it crashes at first battle too black screen doin notin at all might have to wait for new gpsp or a (E) release rom

Kingdom hearts : Chain of memories
Crashes at the movie in the beginning

u muz be using the (U) release get the (E) release of kingdom hearts

kharaboudjan
February 9th, 2007, 16:15
can someone confirm that Yoshis Island Super Mario Advance 3 works? i have tried like 5 diffrent roms but with no success.. i hangs during the meny screen :(

someone?

shadowhawk22
February 11th, 2007, 00:35
I had the same problem with Yoshi Island SMA3.

BurningRage
February 11th, 2007, 09:30
well, it's working perfectly for me, i'm somewhere after the third boss I think. I have the european version. perhaps you also have the wrong bios?

kharaboudjan
February 11th, 2007, 18:08
well, no, all my other games work.. so its not becuz of the bios..

xg917
February 11th, 2007, 18:29
yea its not working for me either

shadowhawk22
February 12th, 2007, 19:41
What version of the game are you guys running? I actually have the USA version. Maybe that's where the problem is. Anyone else agree that the EUR Yoshi's Island GBA game works?

The_It
February 14th, 2007, 01:23
final fantasy 6 advance does not work.

i think the sprites are out of order? i dont know.
and it stops at the first battle.

DARTH_GAMER
February 24th, 2007, 00:45
star wars - the new droid army starts but is unplayable due to graphical glitches

matt2k
March 5th, 2007, 05:14
I just tried the Euro version of Yoshi's Island and I can confirm that it crashes at the same spot where the US versions do.

afs
March 5th, 2007, 12:47
somebody do something final fantasy 6 didn't work correctly

BurningRage
March 5th, 2007, 16:47
I still swear my version is working!

Davezombie
March 14th, 2007, 19:07
is there a gpsp 1.0 in the works? any rumors? the ONE game im dying to play is FF6 and it's aggrivating me extremely

h4s30
March 20th, 2007, 18:09
there's a config floating around at a japanese website but i haven't tried workin with it because i haven't had time but what it looks like to me is a timing issue (of course i may be completely wrong about it) but give it a shot before asking for 1.0

Exophase
March 20th, 2007, 23:56
There's almost no way game_config changes can fix FF6.

And to everyone claiming Yoshi's Island doesn't work, read my sig.

h4s30
March 21st, 2007, 01:02
ahh it was just a thing i tried and didn't get to work so i thought it was me and my non 1337 skillz but the man has told me otherwise:)

oh to anybody else who reads this asking about 1.0 read exophase's blog it reveals niffty details about it (reading is essence people)

vitz3
March 29th, 2007, 17:04
This emu is awesome! Where can I donate? I'm seriously gonna donate.

Exophase
March 29th, 2007, 17:17
[email protected] on PayPal :D

tuta
March 30th, 2007, 07:41
This thread really needs a major workout coz no one gonna read the compat from 1st post to the end and some information are reposted again and again.

And guys stop whining bout FF6 A not workin and just let exophase take the time he needs to make a perfect 1.0 gpSP.
Further note though if it makes u guys happy on exophase's site he said he fixed the FF6A problem while workin on the GP2X.

And yeah the game_config thingy from Jap site for FF6 has no effect at all so just wait fo gpSP 1.0

h4s30
March 31st, 2007, 07:10
if you want to play ff6 so bad get snes
but i wonder how long hiatus lol jp

Physicist
April 2nd, 2007, 21:04
i dunno if it's relevant to anyone but the incredible hulk works. lol
bad music quality...
and the first 10 minutes of the game is an annoying summary of what everyone already knows
but its fun to smash things xD

Exophase
April 26th, 2007, 17:15
I'll probably be working on gpSP again in a couple of weeks.. that means ARM versions first (because they need it more) then the PSP version.

Yes FF6 will work in the next version.

kharaboudjan
April 26th, 2007, 18:40
sounds amazing!! one of the best emus will keep being updated :D

many thanx Exophase =)

bah
April 26th, 2007, 19:36
Excellent news :)
Many thanks Exophase.

Abgoj
April 26th, 2007, 20:57
This is fantastic news, thanks a lot exophase:thumbup:

grantlionheart
May 4th, 2007, 05:04
Kingdom Hearts Chain of memories:
Screws up on start video
*to get past*
Have Frameskip type manualand Framskip value set to one. when it freezes and screws the sounds around change frameskip to 10. then it should work
when it gets into the game its fine

z.e.r.o
May 8th, 2007, 22:18
People, if you got the BIOS Exophase pointed out in the readme (actually there's another version that works perfectly with the emulator) and Riviera is still not working, try this: extract the rom from the ZIP and run it uncompressed.

Most of the 32MB roms just doesnt boot and crash the emulator if they are ran zipped. I don't know if it's a firmware issue (running 3.40 OE here), an emulation bug or anything else, but running straight from the GBA files just works.

BurningRage
May 9th, 2007, 17:17
didn't exophase say 32mb roms cannot be used compressed?

Exophase
May 10th, 2007, 18:19
People, if you got the BIOS Exophase pointed out in the readme (actually there's another version that works perfectly with the emulator) and Riviera is still not working, try this: extract the rom from the ZIP and run it uncompressed.

Most of the 32MB roms just doesnt boot and crash the emulator if they are ran zipped. I don't know if it's a firmware issue (running 3.40 OE here), an emulation bug or anything else, but running straight from the GBA files just works.

32MB ROMs cannot be loaded entirely into memory (PSP doesn't have enough), so they must be swapped from the memory stick. It's not efficient to constantly load from a zip file at an arbitrary offset, so they must be swapped from an uncompressed ROM.

Unzipped the ROM to a temporary file wouldn't be worth it because most people won't have a lot of 32MB ROMs on their memory stick, probably only one or two, and the zips are usually around 20-25MB. So, the space that the zipped ROMs and the temporary unzipped ROM would take up wouldn't be in your favor until you have 3-4 32MB ROMs on your memory stick. It would also further confuse people with 32MB sticks trying to load 32MB ROMs.

alien2275
May 13th, 2007, 17:29
yoshi's island work's on gpsp but you need gpsp v0.8 kai 2.9 for it to work and bios that actualy work with that emulator(sadly i cant find pm's anyone? :D) but all you relly need is the save right after that opening screen then you can go back to gpsp v0.9

Cloud_35
May 13th, 2007, 18:28
Okay people, let's put it togehter:

Can 32mb roms work here and now? Yes, no, how, when......?

If it's the BIOS pm me where to find the right one please, If it's about the config, tell us. Anyway, the existing emu (as I've said) is a true piece of art :D can't imagine how's gonna be the next one.

thanks if u cared about this :)

bah
May 13th, 2007, 19:28
yoshi's island work's on gpsp but you need gpsp v0.8 kai 2.9 for it to work and bios that actualy work with that emulator(sadly i cant find pm's anyone? :D) but all you relly need is the save right after that opening screen then you can go back to gpsp v0.9

It runs great under gpSP 0.9 with the right BIOS file, no other version required.

alien2275
May 13th, 2007, 19:32
>.> if only i could find those

Exophase
May 13th, 2007, 19:36
Okay people, let's put it togehter:

Can 32mb roms work here and now? Yes, no, how, when......?

If it's the BIOS pm me where to find the right one please, If it's about the config, tell us. Anyway, the existing emu (as I've said) is a true piece of art :D can't imagine how's gonna be the next one.

thanks if u cared about this :)

Yes, 32MB ROMs in general work. Don't run them zipped. That's all.

Cloud_35
May 14th, 2007, 17:48
What do you mean with zipped?

Gold Line
May 14th, 2007, 18:02
What do you mean with zipped?

put the gba rom in a .zip file and there you go you have a zipped rom

Cloud_35
May 15th, 2007, 17:31
even unzipped, neither sword of mana or riviera work here, man.

BurningRage
May 16th, 2007, 06:18
well, they do for me, at least riviera runs perfectly. you just need the right bios =)

Exophase
May 16th, 2007, 19:49
Does anyone read my sig? D:

s1ng
May 25th, 2007, 08:25
does this work for 3.03 oe-c? :P

sakamoto
May 25th, 2007, 11:19
yes

gsking
May 27th, 2007, 00:33
Exophase just wanted to say great emu! It runs great for me, thanks alot.

Only had one problem - dont know if anyone plays/played this but the Nights into Dreams Scoreattack mini game doesnt seem to work with gpSP (though does, albeit slowly, with
pspvba). Any one had better luck?

Robert de Clair
June 4th, 2007, 23:28
Pinball Challenge Deluxe - Works Perfect

ultimatebioweapon
June 5th, 2007, 21:47
my pokemon fire red wont save >.<

Exophase
June 6th, 2007, 16:00
Your Pokemon firered is probably hacked. What's the size of the .sav?

michael chan
June 8th, 2007, 01:56
Duke nukem is to slow...

exophase will u fix the duke nukem speed?

it might help some other games as well like ice nine.

thx

jedikevin20
June 15th, 2007, 05:04
# Medal of Honor (U)
game_name = INFILTRATOR
game_code = BMHE
vender_code = 69
idle_loop_eliminate_target = 081bb7e2
iwram_stack_optimize = no

put that in your game config file guys. it should make the game atually run now. it does for me. Also Think about takign kais game_config file and move it over to .9 official. kai has a couple configs that not on official that will allow some games to work. Um for more stuf i;ve found. fire emblems both work on kai version. I'm gonna try moving the config of those to .9 and see if they work on .9

jedikevin20
June 19th, 2007, 05:55
Ok guy i got mario tennis running 100% on .9 or kai 2. whatever. Ok go into game config and put this in

# Mario Tennis
game_name = MARIOTENNISA
game_code = BTME
vender_code = 01

nextly start the rom and in options turn music off. bam running 100%. Um you may have to change the info. If so open visualboyadvance for pc and option the tennis rom. go to options and click rom information.
game_name= game title
game code= game code
vender code= mkaer code.
Whatever all that is put it in and alos the iwram_tack_optimize=no into the game_config file. Turn music off in rom game and bam it runs at 100%. enjoy

Exophase
June 20th, 2007, 04:32
# Medal of Honor (U)
game_name = INFILTRATOR
game_code = BMHE
vender_code = 69
idle_loop_eliminate_target = 081bb7e2

put that in your game config file guys. it should make the game atually run now. it does for me. Also Think about takign kais game_config file and move it over to .9 official. kai has a couple configs that not on official that will allow some games to work. Um for more stuf i;ve found. fire emblems both work on kai version. I'm gonna try moving the config of those to .9 and see if they work on .9

The reason why Fire Emblem works in the "Kai" version you're referring to isn't because it fixes something, it's because I broke something in 0.9 that it didn't inherit. You can play it in 0.8 too (of course I fixed it in my 0.9 ages ago but ennh)

maxipower90
June 24th, 2007, 21:31
Golden sun = works now, crashed once on me not to bad
Golden Sun = no crashes but very bad sound, playable though. i,ll update this if and when i finish it
Metroid Fusion and Zero = work perfect
DK king of swing = crashed when tried minigame thingy

once the golden sun the lost age sound is fixed, im locking myself in a room and not coming out. all hail exophase the great wonder of the world. im even going to change my sig to show my love ( not in a gay way ) to him :)

Zodionic
July 2nd, 2007, 13:39
AfTer a while of Searching 2 find the good GBA.BIOS i finaly found it :-), yoshi's island works now!, just remeber...Google.com is your friend! it dosnt matter if you have to keep going about 3 result pages down to find, its about knowing what to type in;)