PDA

View Full Version : Reactor v1.0

wraggster
August 20th, 2006, 13:36
Kagato (http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,2998.0.html) has released a new game for the Neoflash Coding Comp:

Hello all!

Here's my entry for the Summer Coding Competition:
Reactor v1.0

It's a Lua game, in which the goal is to eliminate all the particles from the Reactor. You do this by firing a Proton into the chamber, and directing it with a Deflector Shield (controlled with the analog stick). Don't let the Proton hit the Reactor wall, or you'll lose energy.

It's a little bit like Breakout, only circular... and harder!

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

JD/
August 20th, 2006, 13:42
Awesome I love lua games downloading now :D

Edit: Sadly the game doesnt work for me its a pity since the game looks fun. :(

mditalia13
August 20th, 2006, 14:03
for some reason it doesnt work for me. it says global font is a nil value

MaxSMoke
August 20th, 2006, 19:45
Please consider releasing an Eboot version.

Kagato
August 21st, 2006, 00:06
OH NOES! :(

I recently downgraded to 1.5... I foolishly made the assumption that the font command was 2.0+ compatible. I'll try and whip up a bugfix release today.

I will make eboot releases for my games eventually, but I couldn;t do it in time for the comp.

JD/
August 21st, 2006, 00:32
Thanks Kagato i look forward to playing your game I am loving the hombrew scene more and more :)

Kagato
August 21st, 2006, 04:39
Okay, I've updated Reactor to just use the standard print function. (That's the only change in this release)

If you tried it and it didn't work, please try this one and let me know. Hopefully that was the only problematic function call!

I'll keep trying to get devhook to load 2.6 firmware, so I can test the eloader myself... no success so far though :(

Feel free to post any more bug reports should they arise, but I'm hoping not...

under_0ath777
August 21st, 2006, 04:43
OH NOES! :(

I recently downgraded to 1.5... I foolishly made the assumption that the font command was 2.0+ compatible. I'll try and whip up a bugfix release today.

I will make eboot releases for my games eventually, but I couldn;t do it in time for the comp.

IDC! Electris IS AMAZING!!!!

this will be great when you get it up :)

LAMPRO
August 21st, 2006, 07:33
oooh i like this one.. big fan of breakout and htis is a great twist on a old classic.. i agree- put out an eboot!!

nice work.

Gizmo356
August 21st, 2006, 08:53
awesome thanx

Kagato
August 22nd, 2006, 04:19
Another compatibility update. This version should now work on LuaPlayer 0.20.

No other changes, so if it's already working for you, you don't need to update...

PS -- Don't forget to vote (http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,3048.0.html)!

mr_nick666
August 22nd, 2006, 09:11
This is WAY better than regular breakout! :D Looks and plays great too :p Cheers! :)

Kagato
August 23rd, 2006, 23:56
What sort of score/level are people getting to, out of curiosity?