PDA

View Full Version : Dsvnc

wraggster
August 20th, 2006, 22:29
Thoduv (http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,3013.0.html) has released his entry into the Neoflash Coding Comp, heres the details:

DSVNC is a VNC client for Nintendo DS.
VNC is a protocol that allows the client to control the computer that runs the server: the client sees the screen of the server and can control its keyboard and mouse.
DSVNC is a client that runs on the DS.

( How to use )

First you must install a VNC server on the computer you want to control. Famous/Best VNC client/servers are "RealVNC" (for Windows) and "TightVNC" (for Linux).
Download one of them and install it, then run the server.

> Note for Linux users: if you want yo share your current desktop instead of starting a new X session, you may uses the "X11VNC" server.

Then, have a way to run DS homebrew and launch DSVNC. On the top screen, you will see explanations in the gray box, and on the bottom screen you will see the menus.
To connect easily a VNC server, uses "Quickly connect to another server".
Then, you have to type the server's adress (IP or Hostname), and a password if you specified one on your server. Then you will be connected to the server. See "Controls when connected" paragraph for more infos.

> Note: The first reception of the screen image can be a little long (5 to 10 seconds), depending of your network speed and your screen resolution.
> Note: If your wireless network is very slow and your screen is very big, DSVNC will be too slow for being usable. (Not my fault if Nintendo locked Wifi to 2Mbps)Neoflash MK2/3, ...), your options will be written on a "dsvnc.ini" file at root of your CF/SD.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

h0t1ce
August 21st, 2006, 00:00
Well it works, but for some reason if I use the built-in keyboard it sends the key presses multiple times

so if I type "hello" it ends up as "hhheeelllooo".

But it's fun to play with for a few seconds

pas
August 21st, 2006, 02:24
Yes, the Keyboard is quiet inaccuarate...

But the rest is nearly perfect

daninski
August 21st, 2006, 10:56
is there a a vnc for OSX that will work with this?

zac_531
August 21st, 2006, 11:11
This works with WEP key on right? I dont have to disable it to play? Im having trouble to connect to my downstairs pc as it gave me a red screen of death.

hemavan
August 21st, 2006, 14:17
I have a problem, i can start the program and it shows the nice picture and some info. but when i tap the screen every thing go white. wtf

zanysmash
August 22nd, 2006, 06:31
working here! (launching via moonshell otherwise i got white screens).

keyboard inaccurate as well :(

hemavan
August 22nd, 2006, 20:15
I have it working now, i open it whit ds organize,

zanysmash
August 23rd, 2006, 16:52
check neoflash forums... great new release! working perfectly with realvnc server!!