PDA

View Full Version : Porting PC games to DS

Bonic
August 21st, 2006, 03:05
Hello, I'm trying to port a computer game into a NDS game, can someone tell me what I need to do to do this?

Junixx
August 21st, 2006, 04:12
You will need the source code of the game, compiler ect, sorry im kinda busy trying to get everything back on my computer because i lost everything, so i cant post any links

Bonic
August 21st, 2006, 04:36
Well, the game I'm trying to port is Sonic Robo Blast 2. All I need is how to compile them into nds files that work with MMD, and make the controls work.

lexluthor
August 21st, 2006, 11:09
Its probably not very easy.. not very easy at all.

Just look at Doom on the DS.. Its good, but its taken them a long long time.

Talka1ot
August 21st, 2006, 17:54
Its probably not very easy.. not very easy at all.

Just look at Doom on the DS.. Its good, but its taken them a long long time.

Yeah man, it isn't like there is a jesus program with the Easy use of Gamemaker that will convert the games. It takes coding and whatnot.

chemical
August 21st, 2006, 19:37
Yeah, if you just want a game on NDS its more trouble then its worth, really you have to want to do the actual coding and enjoy it, to have the motivation to port an entire game.

xzerox
August 21st, 2006, 19:58
you know wat game well be very cool gta san andreas that be cool for nds

chemical
August 21st, 2006, 20:48
Yeah, any GTA, GTA 3 would probably be best, Banjo Kazooie and The Sims 1 would be 3 perfect games for DS imo, if any of those are ported i'll cry with happyness :/

battleroyalex
August 22nd, 2006, 04:29
lol even if we had the source code for GTA3 the ram on the ds is so low it would look so bad that it would be hard to see whats going on

Junixx
August 22nd, 2006, 04:57
Haha a Doom-looking version of GTA with 2D sprites lmao

chemical
August 22nd, 2006, 15:51
Meh, hopefully a GTA will be released for DS officially some time, then it could be proper 3D, GTA came out for GBA a few years back so maybe it'll happen.

I still hope one day Banjo and Sims 1 can be ported :-[

Quay Cur
August 22nd, 2006, 16:08
that GBA GTA (ha ha) was pretty lame IMO. I played the first GTA and the London 1969 version and loved them, but something just doesn't seem right about the GBA version. With Nintendo pushing their family image do you really think they'd let this game on their system? Then again they are saying that they want to appeal to all gamers, so I don't know. All I know is I haven't played any GTA in about a year and I have no desire to ever again. bit Generations and NSMB makes me want to play video games more than GTA does.