PDA

View Full Version : Sandbox 1.0 -Updated

Darksaviour69
August 21st, 2006, 10:08
PSmonkey has released his neoflash compo entry Sand box. This is what he said:

I was hoping it would turn out better but due to lack of sleep adding up now out of time, a few corners were cut.

Anyways go try out my neoflash compo entry. I probably will only get 3rd place for this.

Do note tho, I plan to update the game this week to fix for stuff I did not have enough time to do.

The greatest thing about sandbox is the fact it's all setup by theme.ini files. You can easly modify exsisting themes or even create your own.

Another nice feature is I setup AT3 playback in a way that the game should still be 2.0+ compatible. Just have to pop in an old game.

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/newspostimages/snap0003.jpg

neoflash release thread (http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,3033.0.html)
PSmonkey's forum release thread (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=32908)

[update]

BigMace has already released a moon/space theme for PSmonkey's game sandbox.
Sandbox Theme: Moon-Walk (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=190309#post190309)

[update by psmonkey]

A basic tutorial explaining how to make themes has been posted. If you have any issues creating themes just post in that topic and someone will assist you.

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=33025

Download Link

Download Here at PSP News (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/files/Sandbox_v1[1].0.rar)

D0N
August 21st, 2006, 10:23
Excellent work PSMonkey! Keep it up!

pspfan
August 21st, 2006, 10:23
Shame it had to be rushed out :( (Good work, though).

motz
August 21st, 2006, 10:55
Nice work PSMonkey! ;)

mr_nick666
August 21st, 2006, 11:12
Really nice - the update should be great! :D The oldest enemy always spoils things, eh!? ;)

xiringu
August 21st, 2006, 11:59
looks great. I'll try it in a moment :)

Tetris999
August 21st, 2006, 12:21
Dawd is a moderator? ha i never knew that

how exactly you play this game?

Masch
August 21st, 2006, 13:14
Mr Box, looking good

Anger
August 21st, 2006, 14:04
I probably will only get 3rd place for this.

i like his work but thats just pure arrogance.

Darksaviour69
August 21st, 2006, 14:34
i think he means he only in the running for 3rd, not first

Mourningstar
August 21st, 2006, 14:42
What the hell is it?

Doesnt look like something I would expect from him....

BlackJack23
August 21st, 2006, 15:11
"I like his work but that's just pure arrogance."
Anger

I have to agree with you anger. That put me off the whole release. Don't get me wrong monkey but there are some really good releases I've seen. I'd think twice before saying something like that.

sroon
August 21st, 2006, 16:22
If PSmonkey did this then I know il like it!

Accordion
August 21st, 2006, 16:39
"I like his work but that's just pure arrogance."
Anger

I have to agree with you anger. That put me off the whole release. Don't get me wrong monkey but there are some really good releases I've seen. I'd think twice before saying something like that.

youve misunderstood what he was saying…psmonkey is dissapointed with his rushed release…
…but has no need to be. its bloody brilliant!!!

NeoXCS
August 21st, 2006, 16:55
I'm sure PSmonkey only meant that he believes he can get no better then third. :p It is a good release though and I'm sure once it's updated it'll be even better! :) Good luck in the comp PSmonkey!

PSmonkey
August 21st, 2006, 18:30
i like his work but thats just pure arrogance.

No arrogance, just pure depression. I was running on 4 hours of sleep (over the past 48 hours) when I made that post.

The point I was making is I was depressed it did not turn out better. I dont exspect to place in the top three and at best (and pure luck) maybe I could see as high as 3rd place but I higly dout that.

There are alot of great entries I admit, Yet I exspected far better out of my self then what I posted. So i'm really bummed about it.

My up most goal was something that will stay on people's psp for ever, that I dont see happening (atleast with its first release). Hopefuly the update & adding mini golf will fix this.

Winning 1st would have been nice but life will go on. Where I place in the compo means more how well my effort was loved vs what prize I win.

Briggzy11
August 21st, 2006, 18:48
Love it PSMonkey great job :)

O and just to tell you m8, think of it as not winning but been part of the competition, I didnt enter it and what do i get, nothing, you entered it and got my respect, thats just 1 good thing and I know for a fact there are many more people that love Sandbox already and you have their respect too :)

Anger
August 21st, 2006, 19:09
ahh ok then sorry - i know what its like to post after having little to no sleep beforehand. it just came across that way. good job on it anyway.

DPyro
August 21st, 2006, 19:17
Vote for PSmonkey! :D

PSmonkey
August 21st, 2006, 19:31
ahh ok then sorry - i know what its like to post after having little to no sleep beforehand. it just came across that way. good job on it anyway.

thanks for understanding. I hope you like sandbox.

Briggzy11
August 21st, 2006, 20:44
The music in the game is fantastic and because its using AT3 files I can actually convert and use some songs I made myself :), I am gonna start on a theme for this right now :) Ill be trying a Final Fantasy theme I think and ill see if I can base it on the bowling using a blitzball as the ball...I hope i can do that anyway

DPyro
August 21st, 2006, 21:05
Thanks man, I picked it myself :D

Briggzy11
August 21st, 2006, 21:23
haha SnipR I should have guessed well good work on the music dude :)

PSmonkey
August 21st, 2006, 21:33
Basic themes tutorial posted

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=33025

under_0ath777
August 21st, 2006, 23:03
is this like gary's mod??

J sims
August 22nd, 2006, 03:06
Whats wrong with him having enought confidence in his work to say its at least good enough for 3rd place. Heck if didn't think he had what it takes to win we may have never even seen this release.I don't think he was being arrogant at all considering he never put anybody elses work down.

BlackJack23
August 22nd, 2006, 15:09
Sorry for the misunderstanding PSmonkey.
Great Release. Keep it up!

WIN705
June 17th, 2008, 23:52
Excellent work PSMonkey! Keep it up!

NO!NOT EXCELLENT WORK!I download it it's a rar file so i open it with winrar and guess what!?it says "unexpected end of archive!"so i ignore it and move the remaining files to the proper places on the psp and guess what!? the data is corrupted!WILL SOME ADMIN REMOVE THIS PIECE OF SHIT!IT DOES NOT WORK!IT JUST TAKES UP FORUM AND DOWNLOAD SPACE!I AM PISSED BEYOND BELIEF!OH WAIT!THIS IS A UK SITE AND NOT A US SITE UA' KNOW WHAT I SAY I SHOULD HAVE SAW IT COMING U RETARTED FOREIGNERS!COME HERE TO MY HOUSE HERE IN AMERICA AND I'LL KILL U BABIES KIDS TEENS ADULTS ANY FOREIGNER!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

mcdougall57
June 17th, 2008, 23:57
Its good to see 3D psp games with a little effort put im not saying the 2D games are bad or anything i can just see these being harder to produce.