PDA

View Full Version : 3D Engine Demo - Endless Wolve Story

Payk
August 21st, 2006, 11:15
Yesterday i posted my game to Neocompo but removed it again. Its to short and more a Techdemo then a game. Because ppl. like DimensionT worked for it too i was decided to post it here. DimensionT made great music. PNYX & Garel made cool models and GFXs. I coded it and made the mpas+scripts.

Even if it may look like a realy short game,
it was hard work and there stands much more behind it. A scriptinglanguage with events, script intern values which can be setten or compared. Some doors need keys for example. U can get they key just by talking to certain persons. And it would be possible to make it much complexer. So with scripts and maps u can mke many things which RGB-MAKER can make too. But i just included weapon and enemys yesterday and battles doest take place in fact. If you still want to test it you can download it here.
Screenshot, Download and Give Feedback Via Coments

wraggster
August 21st, 2006, 11:35
awesome looking game

Payk
August 21st, 2006, 12:25
Thanx

Quay Cur
August 21st, 2006, 14:53
Is there a website that the revisions and final version will be posted on, or should I keeo an eye out on here or the neo flash forums? BTW, this is one of the most overall attractive homebrew games I've ever seen. It really does rival some commercial games.

Payk
August 21st, 2006, 15:04
Thanx...yeah i would need some web space for that project...hmhm i will post link here if all goes fine...and if somebody think that he/she has some space for that: contact me please

DimensionT
August 21st, 2006, 18:09
Woooo!!! Good job, Payk! It turned out awesome. I really like the new cell-shaded touch too.

Don't worry about the compo. You can always enter it in the next one... And by then it'll be ready to kick everyone's asses! :D

Give my regards to PNYX and Garrel for a job well done.

werpu
August 21st, 2006, 20:38
Awesome engine, the entire thing looks very ultmaish, would be great to have another ultima remake on that engine...
Actually this game would have been the clear winner to the gaming competition to me, but as I see it, release the engine into the wild and it could be the base to an awesome rpg toolkit.

Junixx
August 21st, 2006, 23:32
Wow it looks really good, ill be trying it later tonight :)

Payk
August 22nd, 2006, 02:50
Heheh Thanx.
DimensionT: Garel just sits next to me with SmokingFish (he just makes the "Toolkit"[werpu its all in work])
Garels says thanx and u know that he really liked the music too. Not only he does. You made an awesome job. Sorry that i cant use that music for a complete game. But if u like...we have 3/4 year time...Thanx for posting and stay tuned ...i updated much and get 2 webspaces now: Thanx guys my Webpage will appear soon with a new version.

Junixx
August 22nd, 2006, 03:53
It doesnt work for me :(:(:(:(......hm i guess i can try to put it on my old x-rom

Payk
August 22nd, 2006, 04:10
Oh sorry. It uses Romdiskfs (yeah from GPF who is home at this site ;) )
It will support allmost all flashcards which goes trough gba-slot and have 32MB sram for holding a gba rom...So: MK2/3,NinjaDS otr GBAMP wouldnt work for sure...last one just because romsize > 4MB.

The reason for that is its much faster then fat :)
But i will make a hybrid type between KOS and FAT which means it has a filesystem inside a FAT. Then it will work more devices. Sources are free so i just need time. When i finished the FS i will post source. i think fat isnt best idea for games because u can easily change content. And KOSFS or GBFS is much more handy but worse supported. So a mix must be done.

Payk
August 31st, 2006, 08:01
hey...I have a project Site now and a new version is aviable now. I added dynamic Lights...try it out
http://payk.drunkencoders.com

ACID
August 31st, 2006, 10:05
Very nice looks greattttttttttttttt.

maceds1
August 31st, 2006, 20:47
wow,WOW
this is tottaly extremely awsome
10/10 was it easy to make?

Payk
August 31st, 2006, 23:05
Not really...Hehe there is much more behind that, then you may think. DS has 4 hardwarelights...they suck so i coded own. Next thing is i´t has a own scriptlanguage. With own variables...just like DSLua... And a BMP reader for textures...A MD2 (quake2 model format) viewer for the objects/characters...That are many little projects which all are storys for them selfes...it tooked me about 4 months to solve all and more should be done...playing ogg or mp3 would be nice...then rom could be 3MB instead 10...The good things is, adding maps and items is as easy as doing it with a rpg-maker now. So give me 2 months and coding is done...i just need to make gfx, models and make levels with that...then game deving really begins

vinr
September 29th, 2006, 16:13
Is there anyway to play .rar's on Max Media player for the DS?

iball
September 29th, 2006, 16:22
Is there anyway to play .rar's on Max Media player for the DS?
Nope.

vinr
September 29th, 2006, 16:30
... :*( it... looks.. soo.. good.. though...

vinr
September 29th, 2006, 17:01
Is there a converter to convert .rar's to .nds's?

iball
September 29th, 2006, 17:41
Is there a converter to convert .rar's to .nds's?
.RAR is an archive format, similiar to .ZIP.
Google for WinRAR and unarchive it to find the .NDS file inside.

Payk
September 29th, 2006, 19:16
thanx iball.
And well, maxmedia wont work.
There are 2 ways of flashcards which are supported:
-GBA-SLOT with build in ram to hold roms (32MB)
-NDS SLOT (Just NinjaSD)

iball
September 29th, 2006, 19:41
thanx iball.
And well, maxmedia wont work.
There are 2 ways of flashcards which are supported:
-GBA-SLOT with build in ram to hold roms (32MB)
-NDS SLOT (Just NinjaSD)
So how close to complete are you on this?
And how's the weather in Hamburg?
Frankfurt is kinda clear...about to go do a beer run through Sachsenhausen.

Payk
September 29th, 2006, 23:49
Haha LOL...Well weather is shitty like everyday. i had to work outside and for some minutes it rained...How close to complete it? Well the generaly render engine just needs some tweaks and some effects more. But script/fight related things are missing or not enough. So to have a playble game i need maybe 1-2 months. To finish it much more. I want to make cooperative modes, costumizable characters and lots of stuff....maybe it never will be finished....endless wolvestory...

vinr
September 30th, 2006, 19:03
do you think youmight ever make this to be compatible with the maxmedia player?

iball
September 30th, 2006, 19:43
do you think youmight ever make this to be compatible with the maxmedia player?
I would hope not. That thing needs to die a horrible death.

Payk
September 30th, 2006, 21:48
hehe...The thing is i cant make it compatible without having it ;). Since MaxMedia doesnt release a lib for accesing their device, and since i cant test and try to hack...its imnpossible...sorry...even when i would have it it would be hard...

From that moment on, i had a ninjads, it was like going with the dog for walk to support it. They have a lib to acces it, in a way a coder loves it. The opposite of maxmedia...it was not made for that... sorry

Junixx
September 30th, 2006, 22:00
Doesn't schism have a fatlib for the GBAMP? (sorry random question)

Payk
September 30th, 2006, 22:54
Yes chishm has one...Its a good lib...The NinjaDS lib is based on that (or made together with chishm).
But it doesnt support maxmedia.
For gbamp, u will hv to wait a bit...i will buy one soon... I could implement fatlib as well....The thing is KOSFS(romdiskfs) supports more without rebuilding all. That NinjaDS support,was just made because i hv one. Wanted to test it, of course...
(I will buy gbamp, to plugin a hdd...then i will try to run my next app via hdd :)...shouldnt be that hard)

Aryn
March 3rd, 2008, 09:38
It has been ages since I have seen an update on the status of this project. Has it been completely abandoned?