PDA

View Full Version : Aliens Turrican Mod

mr_nick666
August 21st, 2006, 16:07
As a member of the newly formed DJMNV (Im the N! - N666 ;) ) Ive just completed my first MOD for the PSP.. :p

ALIENS is a Turrican MOD based on the ALIENS theme. Its taken me about 14 hours to get this far (ideas welcomed) so please be gentle with your comments! - Enjoy! :D

Supreme thanks to Vettacossx for getting me into this (although my girlfriend may not agree! - Becky youre an angel! :o ).. Cheers mate for all your help and advice and thanks to Arguru for a great game! :p

Download, Pics and Give Feedback Via Comments

Darksaviour69
August 21st, 2006, 16:09
err download? pics? ;)

mr_nick666
August 21st, 2006, 16:58
err download? pics? ;)

Hmm.. Odd! I definately uploaded them! :o Well.. Theyre here now!!! ;)

Briggzy11
August 21st, 2006, 17:27
Nice 1 Nick666...

...Was talking to Vetta about this site your all forming soon, ill be posting some of my themes for themePSP anyway, and I love this Aliens mod you have done :) in fact I REALLY LOVE it!!! im a sorta big fan of alien and this mod made me happy at last :)

Hope to hear of more work from you Nick :)

Hungry Horace
August 21st, 2006, 17:28
cool choice.

now i want to download Turrican just to try this out... i suppose it *is* a quality Amiga game, so i should have it already.

you dont think its a bit wierd playing as the Alien? (from what i can see in the pic) shouldnt you be playing as Hudson or somthing.... then when you die you could have "that's it man!! game over man! Game over!!!"

goddammit i love the Aliens films :) (although A4 has terrible dialogue, and AvP is just awful)

Sharkey
August 21st, 2006, 17:44
Nice. :)
A big Alien fan myself (even have a tat) this looks pretty sweet, I'll try it out right away.

JD/
August 21st, 2006, 17:52
Awesome mod this is just as good as the halo one i got on PSP im gnna load both :)

mr_nick666
August 21st, 2006, 18:07
cool choice.

now i want to download Turrican just to try this out... i suppose it *is* a quality Amiga game, so i should have it already.

you dont think its a bit wierd playing as the Alien? (from what i can see in the pic) shouldnt you be playing as Hudson or somthing.... then when you die you could have "that's it man!! game over man! Game over!!!"

goddammit i love the Aliens films :) (although A4 has terrible dialogue, and AvP is just awful)

All you need is in the download! ;) I wanted to do something different - hence a non-human main character :D (plus I love Aliens - Your critique of the films is just and fair! ;) )

Nice 1 Nick666...

...Was talking to Vetta about this site your all forming soon, ill be posting some of my themes for themePSP anyway, and I love this Aliens mod you have done :) in fact I REALLY LOVE it!!! im a sorta big fan of alien and this mod made me happy at last :)

Hope to hear of more work from you Nick :)

Cheers mate! :D Looking for ideas for the next project... ;)

Gizmo356
August 21st, 2006, 18:13
yay!

vettacossx
August 21st, 2006, 18:47
first let me just say AWSOME WORK MR_NICK666 an AMAZING N666 production !!! THANK YOU!! to MR_NICK666 for all that he has done not just AS A DJMNV member but as a friend and gr8 supporter, as well as a contributing member of the psp scene a true asset to us all ;)

and also a big THANK YOU to DAWD... :)...DJMNV modder... open BOR MODDER.. as well as owner of psp-online and BOR-universe and owner and creator fof the new and soon to be up DJMNV website!!!

many good things to come for DJMNV and as always we welcome all of you to come along for the ride ;)

thanks for your support and feedback its appreciated we look foward to offering you a place for MODDERS around the scene ;)

SNES GAMES super-TURRICAN 1 AND 2 BRO ;) but its hardly as good as a game with features like!!

metroid morph ball ( psp turrican)
Halo over heating gun ( psp turrican)
devel may cry like DOUBLE JUMP ;) ( psp turrican)
gradious style upgrades ( psp turrican)

AND MORE REPLAY VALUE THAT YOU CAN SHAKE A STICK AT now that MR_nick666 and DWAD have joined!!!! DJMNV can offer you 3 times the mods and 3 times the REPLAY VALUE YOU ARE USED TO ;)

Awesome mod this is just as good as the halo one i got on PSP im gnna load both :)

thats because its also a DJMNV mod bro!!! ;)

Hungry Horace
August 21st, 2006, 19:49
SNES GAMES super-TURRICAN 1 AND 2 BRO ;) but its hardly as good as a game with features like!!

hmmm... Amiga Turrican was released in 1990. see here (http://hol.abime.net/1533)

the SNES itself was released in Japan not until November 1990. see here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Nintendo_Entertainment_System)

i'm gonna go with it being an Amiga game first dude , even if the snes did get a copy of it later on ;)

Baboon
August 21st, 2006, 19:53
I'm sure I used to have Turrican on my C64 too. :)

vettacossx
August 21st, 2006, 20:08
oh i know ;) but what im saying is the SNES ONES are what this is more LOOSLEY based on ;) lol i remember the amiga one ....it pales in comparison to super turrican 2 for snes bro you should try it out ;)

but my point is more the fact that PSP TURRICAN isnt really ONLY LIKE A TURRICAN game its like ALL YOUR FAV shooters roled into one!!!! pretty uniqe its worth a download bro ;) .....sorry i wasnt a bit more clear bro....i know that theres a amiga version but what i MEANT TO SAY was that this isnt BASED so much upon that... arguru will add levels that LIKE SUPER TURRICAN 2...IN THAT: there will be FLYING LEVELS andDRIVING LEVELS and many many more variety levels if you try SUPER TURRICAN 2 you will have an idea of what this is GOING TO BE when ARGURU OF PSP3d is done!!! its just simply the BEST HOMEBREW sidescrolling 2d shooter for the PSP TO DATE ...if you want a lil SAMPLE try LAST ;) HERE its a small addition to this game ;) HERE: http://psp-homebrew.eu/hbname.php?id=656 (http://psp-homebrew.eu/hbname.php?id=656)

PeterM
August 21st, 2006, 20:29
The C64 versions of turrican were pretty cool. I never had an Amiga at the time so I had to make do with his little brother!

D0N
August 21st, 2006, 20:32
Hey nice mod Mr_Nick666! Keep up the great work! Just to let you guys know, i'll start modding once i've got the DJMNV site up. And everyone else in case you didn't know notice, I'm the D in DJMNV! :D

Hungry Horace
August 21st, 2006, 20:53
lol... dont go on about the snes version too much dude... you might put me off wanting to play it! (long story - but HH is not a snes fan!)

T2 on the amiga was for me the definative version by a long-shot..... i'm sorry but i just dont like snes-versions of most games!

i will still give this a try though, even if it does chuck a bunch of other-stuff in there... i'm sure it has qualities all of its own :)

mr_nick666
August 21st, 2006, 21:49
Hey nice mod Mr_Nick666! Keep up the great work! Just to let you guys know, i'll start modding once i've got the DJMNV site up. And everyone else in case you didn't know notice, I'm the D in DJMNV! :D

Cheers mate! :D Like your new sig and avatar ;)

vettacossx
August 22nd, 2006, 03:53
Cheers mate! :D Like your new sig and avatar ;)

DITTO ;)...lol

D0N
August 22nd, 2006, 09:23
lol they were made by Crimson_Lotus ;)

mr_nick666
August 22nd, 2006, 12:08
Briggzy11 has requested (among others!) a Sonic and a Pokemon MOD - I think I could get them to work pretty easy! :D

D0N
August 22nd, 2006, 13:37
Cool! Can't wait! :D Site is nearly up! Need to edit a few more files, getting errors.

D0N
August 24th, 2006, 16:34
DJMNV's official site is now up!

(Look im my sig for the URL;))

mr_nick666
August 30th, 2006, 09:08
HELP! - Im trying to do a FULL mod (including music - the background music is 8-bit .wav .. ) with my next release (preview at the DJMNV link in my sig!) but I have a problem :( When I replace the music file with my new .wav it just seems to loop about 5 seconds worth :( Any ideas anyone??

Ive got a few ideas to update this MOD too! :rolleyes:

Hungry Horace
August 30th, 2006, 12:51
i tried the mod and the one thing i thought it missed was cool Aliens music!

sorry my mistake... Alien....check this link!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gutk2iMYFTs

though i know i had an Aliens trailer on VHS with the same music on it! (possibly wih less fx overlays too)

(see other thread for help on conversion btw)

i still think its wierd being the Alien.... it'd make more sense being Hudson / Hicks and having the Alien as a baddie esp. since face-huggers and the like come after you! really nice graphical style on the mod though, just a shame i'm not that fond of the gameplay style in the main engine.

mr_nick666
August 30th, 2006, 21:31
i tried the mod and the one thing i thought it missed was cool Aliens music!

sorry my mistake... Alien....check this link!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gutk2iMYFTs

though i know i had an Aliens trailer on VHS with the same music on it! (possibly wih less fx overlays too)

(see other thread for help on conversion btw)

i still think its wierd being the Alien.... it'd make more sense being Hudson / Hicks and having the Alien as a baddie esp. since face-huggers and the like come after you! really nice graphical style on the mod though, just a shame i'm not that fond of the gameplay style in the main engine.

What software do you use for the sound conversion then?? :confused: Ive got the samples in MIDI and convert them to aiff to make them more compatible with converters... If I cant do this myself then I would appreciate the help! :o

isamu
August 30th, 2006, 21:38
That is awesome mr_nick666. But let me ask you...is there a regular version of Turrican II for PSP I can play? Or just mods of the original?

mr_nick666
August 31st, 2006, 08:44
That is awesome mr_nick666. But let me ask you...is there a regular version of Turrican II for PSP I can play? Or just mods of the original?

The link to the latest build is on this website but PSP Turrican is still a WIP :( Why not (Horace will be disgusted by this!) play Turrican on the SNES emu? :)

Heres the latest PSP specific build: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=31782

Hungry Horace
August 31st, 2006, 12:13
for sound conversion i use CoolEditPro, but google "goldwave" for a free wave editor (there's another good one but i forget the name)

i'm not sure why you'd want to use a tune that started life as MIDI though.... as general midi sounds are generally pretty poor. - as i say - i'd download the alien(s) soundtrack if i were you and convert a bit of that!

p.s. wy not recomment playing Turrican on pspuae? plays fine here on the latest version :D - and doesnt require any more frameskip than the snes emu did. (about 2-3)

mr_nick666
August 31st, 2006, 13:07
for sound conversion i use CoolEditPro, but google "goldwave" for a free wave editor (there's another good one but i forget the name)

i'm not sure why you'd want to use a tune that started life as MIDI though.... as general midi sounds are generally pretty poor. - as i say - i'd download the alien(s) soundtrack if i were you and convert a bit of that!

p.s. wy not recomment playing Turrican on pspuae? plays fine here on the latest version :D - and doesnt require any more frameskip than the snes emu did. (about 2-3)

Thanks mate! - Much appreciate the guidence :D My latest MOD only has the music I need in MIDI :o I WILL use the Alien music you pointed me to when I update the ALIENS MOD though :p

PLAY TURRICAN ON PSPUAE (PSP Amiga emulator) - If Horace says it works fine then it works fine! ;) (My first Turrican memories are of playing it on my mates Amoeba :rolleyes: )