PDA

View Full Version : Vice City Stories PSP Only

wraggster
August 22nd, 2006, 00:20
News from GTA Portable .com (http://www.gtaportable.com/news/6082/new-character-art,-vcs-billboard-&-vice-city-stories-psp-only)

Finally, news came in about Vice City Stories being a PSP only title. While Rockstar Games did say in 2005 the same for Liberty City Stories and then released it on PS2 only a few months ago, according to 1UP it will not be the same. The news was hidden in 1UP's weekly 1 UP Yours podcast where one of their editors went to New York for a preview on Rockstar's Bully and got more than he had bargained for when they allowed him to play Vice City Stories for a brief moment.

Luckily Rob, a member of GTAForums, is a frequent listener of this podcast and extracted the bit where the editor reveals the sad news to PS2 owners. You can listen to it yourself by clicking on this link or read the bit about it below:

They're not going to be moving it to PS2. It's going to be PSP only this time. It's much more focused on that platform...

....and I think some of it is because the tech is a lot more sort of focused on the handheld and I played it very briefly and it was definitely and improvement over Liberty City Stories.

Lets see how long till its on PS3 ;)

wiedel
August 22nd, 2006, 00:54
Okaj

felonyr301
August 22nd, 2006, 01:00
ok yea right sony will beat them to death when they see how it sells because it means more money for them.

**1_Man_Matrix**
August 22nd, 2006, 01:49
Yeah, I have a poster on my wall for LCS that reads "Exclusive to the Sony PSP"...

But it wasn't...

So therefore there's no reason why anyone should take this too seriously.

wolfpack
August 22nd, 2006, 06:00
we'll see what happens, sony might change their minds again and put it on the ps2.

Video_freak
August 22nd, 2006, 06:03
Yeah, I have a poster on my wall for LCS that reads "Exclusive to the Sony PSP"...

But it wasn't...

So therefore there's no reason why anyone should take this too seriously.
Yeah, I told some Gamestop clerk that it would come to PS2, and she didn't believe me. Told her off. :cool:

**1_Man_Matrix**
August 22nd, 2006, 07:01
Yeah, I told some Gamestop clerk that it would come to PS2, and she didn't believe me. Told her off. :cool:

You did not, you thought to yourself "wow, your a girl, working in a gameshop...", then proceeded to ask for her phone number :p

heh, but yer, atleast the PSP version still had custom tracks and multiplayer over the PS2.

motz
August 22nd, 2006, 08:29
I'd say Rockstar will bring VCS onto the PS2 at a later date simply because they'd be missing out on a lot of sales.

M!ckeY
August 22nd, 2006, 08:33
if this game sells alot, i doubt that sony will hesitate to release it for the PS2

hackercrackermonkey
August 22nd, 2006, 15:16
seriously guys....i cant tell u right off the bat that this is utter bull shit. Sony has a reputation of doing this crap. They always say this game is ps2/psp "exclusive" and its only a short amount of time b4 its everywhere. (take a look at mgs2 or dmc for example). Anyway, the point is that sony wont pass up a chance to make money and i guarantee that many people will buy it when it comes out on ps2. Oh and btw, if sony keeps this crap up, it will surely lead to their unholy demise since those "exclusive" ps3 games will no doubt go to 360 and wii. just my 2 cents. :)

stotheamuel
August 23rd, 2006, 05:07
it is exclusive really.. its released on one platform... then ported over to another (with less or dif features)

it depends on one's view of the word exclusive