PDA

View Full Version : PMPlayer Advance v3.1.2 Released

wraggster
September 29th, 2010, 23:59
News via http://www.psp-hacks.com/2010/09/28/pmplayer-advance-v3-1-2-released/#more-16735

Cooleyes’ PMPlayer Advance (or PPA) just advanced to version 3.1.2, which fixes a couple bugs related to video playback; namely MKVs created with mkvtoolnix and videos that were 512 pixels in width. Anyway, get updated and enjoy the latest version of PPA.

PPA v3.1.2:

•fixed can’t play any mkv files created by latest mkvtoolnix(4.2, 4.3, …)
PPA v3.1.1:

•fixed some video(width == 512) display bug

Apoklepz
September 30th, 2010, 14:16
I downloaded this a few days ago to update from 3.0.

Sadly enough, this build doesn't play my .mp4 movies like the previous one I had...the program just crashes my PSP after the "LOADING..."screen.

The good thing about this build is that it plays .pmp format silky smooth even at 100mhz speed...just...WOW.

I guess I will start converting my mp4 to .pmp now. :/

BTW, I see that .mkv (Matroska/Blu-ray) is mentioned on the recent log. .pmp format is already awesome because of quality and size, but has anyone tested .mkv 4.1 converted movies on this app?

I'm interested in knowing if there's any noticeable difference between the quality of PMP and MKV on the tiny PSP screen...and I can't check for myself because I don't know of any free .mkv video converting programs.

Still, this is hands down the best Movie Player App for PSP. I recommend it to everyone.

BTW, where can someone get a hold of more skins for this app? To this day, I still have the two default ones included with the app. :P